Login to remove the ads!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Chimp attack victim's family sues chimp owner for $50 million

In the West, thieves had their fingers cut off. Habitual criminals had their ears and noses cut off.
    This woman lost her nose, face, eyes, and hands. All at once.

Before execution, criminals, sinners, anabaptists and jews were kept alive and awake while tortured with selective amputations before crowds in the 10s of 1000s.
    Still doesn't sound as bad as getting your hands and face and eyes eaten off.

Titus Andronicus was skim milk compared to the atrocities real humans are capable of.
    I can't think of too many examples.

At least the chimp was acting out because it didn't want to go back into it's cage. Can you blame it? The malicious entity here is the owner, a human, who expected a chimp not to be a chimp.
    I definitely blame it. Eating someone alive for trying to put it back in its cage? If I were one of this woman's relatives, I'd want to keep the chimp alive long enough that I could slowly ease it into a woodchipper.

Um wow.. Chimps are nowhere near as evil as humans, but we'll have to agree to disagree. The chimp doesn't deserve to die, it's not it's fault some stupid people kept it as a pet. It needs to be out in the wild where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Um wow.. Chimps are nowhere near as evil as humans, but we'll have to agree to disagree. The chimp doesn't deserve to die, it's not it's fault some stupid people kept it as a pet. It needs to be out in the wild where it belongs.
    People hunt down sharks, bears, tigers, and other predators in cases where a particular animal has started targeting human beings. This particular chimp does not deserve a trip to Disney World for maiming an innocent human being.

Let's lock you up for most of your life and see if you ever act out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Let's lock you up for most of your life and see if you ever act out.
    I don't know if "act out" is the proper euphemism for eating someone's face, hands, nose, and eyes off.

You're acting like the chimp was sentient. Yes, they're intelligent, but they are not people. There was no maliciousness in the chimp, that's a human trait.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^^
    exactly.
    it's a wild animal, not a human. you can't apply adjectives like 'good' and 'evil' to it. animals are pure instinct.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    You're acting like the chimp was sentient. Yes, they're intelligent, but they are not people. There was no maliciousness in the chimp, that's a human trait.
    I disagree. Chimpanzee, intelligence and self awareness are pretty well developed and documented. Below is an excerpt from Wikipedia about chimpanzee intelligence:
    Recent studies have shown that chimpanzees engage in apparently altruistic behaviour within groups,[20][21] but are indifferent to the welfare of unrelated group members.[22]
    Evidence for "chimpanzee spirituality" includes display of mourning, "incipient romantic love", "rain dance", appreciation of natural beauty such as a sunset over a lake, curiosity and respect towards wildlife (such as the python, which is neither a threat nor a food source to chimpanzees), empathy toward other species (such as feeding turtles) and even "animism" or "pretend play" in chimps cradling and grooming rocks or sticks.[23]

Before/After

Chimps go for the face, hand and genitals to disarm their foe or attacker.

The chimp's reactive behavior was normal for the chimp it was his environment and lifestyle that was not normal. The owner is responsible for what happened to Charla Nash at the hands of her pet/ surrogate husband.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Wow, I have to agree that the chimp is not the one at fault here. It's an animal... an animal that had no choice in being kept as a pet by this woman. This woman knowingly and willingly put this animal in an unnatural environment and allowed it to be exposed to stimuli that could (and did) trigger a violent response. We may be biologically very similar to them but they still aren't humans. I seriously doubt the chimp thought "I'm going to eat this woman's face off.. that'll teach her".

Dr Jane Goodall was on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and discussed this case. She said chimps have the same emotions as humans. Because this particular chimp wasn't raised in the jungle with other chimps but in a house as a pseudo human child, the chimp was dysfunctional.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I disagree. Chimpanzee, intelligence and self awareness are pretty well developed and documented. Below is an excerpt from Wikipedia about chimpanzee intelligence:
    Recent studies have shown that chimpanzees engage in apparently altruistic behaviour within groups,[20][21] but are indifferent to the welfare of unrelated group members.[22]
    Evidence for "chimpanzee spirituality" includes display of mourning, "incipient romantic love", "rain dance", appreciation of natural beauty such as a sunset over a lake, curiosity and respect towards wildlife (such as the python, which is neither a threat nor a food source to chimpanzees), empathy toward other species (such as feeding turtles) and even "animism" or "pretend play" in chimps cradling and grooming rocks or sticks.[23]
    That's all behavior, not signs of sentient thought or morality. The "spiritual" interpretations of their behavior is imposed on them by anthropomorphic humans.

Chimps go insane in captivity. Gosh, you stick a border collie in a cage all the time and they exhibit insane behaviors as well.

The evil here exists in the owner, not the chimp.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wow, maybe he should have pleaded temporary insanity and would now be sitting in an insane asylum along with the woman who drowned all her kids, instead of being shot dead.

And to suggest to put any living creature into a wood chipper is just vile and disgusting. The problem is idiots who are allowed to keep wild animals as pets, not the animals themselves who finally freak out because they are kept in an unnatural environment.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Alice, I love you, but SERIOUSLY???
    Did you SEE those pictures? No amount of money is worth living life like that.
    no im not saying she did that on purpose! im just answer grim on why she hung out with that lady. (not expecting to sue her or anything like that) just leaching off her.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post

And to suggest to put any living creature into a wood chipper is just vile and disgusting.
    The funny thing with that is he showed right there that humans are sicker than animals. I'm exiting this now before I get too annoyed!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information