Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chimp attack victim's family sues chimp owner for $50 million

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I'm confused... she's in ICU in a coma but she went on Oprah to tell her story?
    She's been out of the coma for a few months.

Yeah, that's what i thought, then someone said she was in ICU in a coma and it threw me

fgg

i'm watching oprah now and i can't look at the screen. i feel so awful for this woman! as someone else said, it is a blessing that she's blind so she'll never know the full extent of her injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    The chimpanzee named Travis went berserk when his owner asked Nash to help lure him back into her house in Stamford, Connecticut.
    berserk is one of my favorite words.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

They are NOT f*cking PETS.
    These people who buy chimps are such freaks. They anthropomorphize these wild animals, treating them like children. It's crazy and so dangerous.

I totally feel sympathy for this woman BUT I have a friend who has a vicious dog. I will never go near that dog because it has bitten other people. This woman had to know the chimp's history. Both women were woefully uneducated about the damage a chimp can do when attacking.

I remember that one case where the chimp bit off the face and genitals of his owner. When chimps attack, they aren't messing around!

I watched this, how heartbreaking. She said whenever she went to the house the chimp was always in a cage.
    Lisa

^In the original articles posted, it said the chimp got out and she went over to help lure him back into the cage.

This poor woman and her family, I can't imagine what they are going through. But she does share some of the responsibility. I have a friend who keeps snakes, about a dozen. I do not go to his house. I do not get into his car. This does not hurt his feelings and we're still friends. I have a friend who fosters pitbulls, same story.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

smf

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    this woman doesn't even have 50 million
    excatly lol

Pitbulls and snakes, I get why you'd be wary - I would too. Maybe I'm naive about chimps or maybe I'm not reading the right literature, but I would never guess that a chimp would become violent, go "berserk" (apeshit fits better here for some reason) and rip someone's face off. Gorilla - yeah, I'd keep my distance. Until this happened, I probably would have not hesitated to get near a "domesticated" chimp - it just wouldn't have occurred to me that I was in danger. Especially one who'd been socialized with humans for so long, and one that belonged to a friend that I trust.

Good, sue the shit out of them. When you're warned several times about the danger about the animal and do nothing, look what happened. to their friend. That's horrific.

how is she even breathing ? wow she should get at least compensation .not just for he r,but to deter people from keeping dangerous animals in their house
    Qballhttp://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic16074_1.gif

She may not have $50 million, but if I remember correctly, the chimp owner was quite well off. And she comes across as a weird psycho cold hearted bitch. I mean, she SLEPT with this chimp in her bed. And I read earlier today that the victim had been attacked by the same chimp when it was just a "child" (eg: not fully grown) and it pulled a chunk of her hair out. So, while she was obviously not exercising sound judgement by trying to help this woman corral her huge chimp that has been aggressive before, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. That woman had NO business owning this chimp (IIRC, she was skirted under some grandfather clause or something). Her face is absolutely heartbreaking to look at ... she looks as though someone has taken a candle flame to a waxen face and it just melted. I was VERY surprised at how well she's doing, given the situation ... she's talking (sounds slurry, but understandable) and walking around and everything. When it first happened, I thought for sure she wasn't going to make it, let alone be walking and talking. The fact that she still sounds so upbeat is so amazing to me ... she's just worried about her daughter (like how she can't help her pick out a prom dress .... little girl, I would volunteer to go help you pick one out, because that's just awful). And yeah, I agree with the consensus ... Oprah SUCKS as an interviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Oprah is such a cold bitch. She shouldn't be allowed to interview anyone.

Poor woman,....so tragic. Just awful,.....I have no words.
    ^I agree! She's so stiff and her delivery comes off SO cold and lacking of empathy! That poor, poor woman...what an amazing outlook for such a dire situation...I'm sure a lot of people would rather be dead than look the way she does but she truly is an inspiration and I hope she gets a face transplant. As for Oprah, some of the questions she asked her...wtf?? I don't get this woman's popularity, I really don't...

Oprah, you are NOT god despite what you believe. Go away now.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Pitbulls and snakes, I get why you'd be wary - I would too. Maybe I'm naive about chimps or maybe I'm not reading the right literature, but I would never guess that a chimp would become violent, go "berserk" (apeshit fits better here for some reason) and rip someone's face off. Gorilla - yeah, I'd keep my distance. Until this happened, I probably would have not hesitated to get near a "domesticated" chimp - it just wouldn't have occurred to me that I was in danger. Especially one who'd been socialized with humans for so long, and one that belonged to a friend that I trust.
    I'd never go near an adult chimp, domesticated or not. They are up to 6 times stronger than man and can be very dangerous, as this shows.
    I feel very bad for this woman, it's horrific what happened to her.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information