Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chimp attack victim's family sues chimp owner for $50 million

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    But, didn't she know her friend had an illegal dangerous animal living with her...and she still went to visit. That's called her damn fault..her medical bills should be paid, though.

CHICAGO A Connecticut woman who was mauled and blinded after a 200-pound chimpanzee attacked her in February is set to appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
    Chicago-based Harpo Productions said in a Monday statement that Charla Nash will appear on Wednesday's episode of Winfrey's talk show.
    Harpo says Nash will discuss how she's adjusting, how she maintains her spirit, and what the future holds.
    The chimpanzee named Travis went berserk when his owner asked Nash to help lure him back into her house in Stamford, Connecticut.
    The animal ripped off Nash's hands, nose, lips and eyelids.
    A Connecticut state biologist had warned state officials beforehand that Travis could seriously hurt someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    CHICAGO A Connecticut woman who was mauled and blinded after a 200-pound chimpanzee attacked her in February is set to appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
    Chicago-based Harpo Productions said in a Monday statement that Charla Nash will appear on Wednesday's episode of Winfrey's talk show.
    Harpo says Nash will discuss how she's adjusting, how she maintains her spirit, and what the future holds.
    The chimpanzee named Travis went berserk when his owner asked Nash to help lure him back into her house in Stamford, Connecticut.
    The animal ripped off Nash's hands, nose, lips and eyelids.
    A Connecticut state biologist had warned state officials beforehand that Travis could seriously hurt someone.
    Holy crap. Why is Oprah doing this? That woman has got to look like a nightmare. I still remember that guy (something "St. John") who was attacked by two chimpanzees at a wildlife refuge where his chimp was staying. They bit off so much stuff that even after they fixed him up, it was traumatizing to look at.

I guess at least people seeing this show will learn you should never have a chimpanzee as a pet.

^^Posting a link to the story only, as there is a rather disturbing pic of the victim:Charla Nash, Chimp Attack Victim, Shows Face On "Oprah" (PHOTOS)

that's a fucking tragedy... my god
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Take that chimp bitch for $50 mil! I was on the fence before, but my God, death would be a better option than what that poor woman has to live with now

the closest thing to a blessing, is the chimp took her eyes and she doesn't have to see it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Im watching. This poor woman has hope that she will be reconstructed. I dont know how much they could do. She has no eyes nose and barely a mouth. What an unbelievable sad sight. Some of the things Oprah said to her sounded cold and I think she could have chosen her words better. The lady knows she is frightful, she doesnt need to be reminded of it errr. I hope she gets a huge comensation. And she is missing out on her daughters life. So sad. Rgiht now we have breaking news that a monkey is on the loose in a neighborhood in Tampa...Scary!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

That poor woman. She has a good outlook. I also hope that the mighty O will help with the hospital bills and the womans daughter's education. I know she doesn't have to but I hope Oprah will do it. I just can't wrap my mind around what that poor woman went through. God.

Im sickened....Yes, Oprah, be charitable. You can spare some to help a good cause!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^Posting a link to the story only, as there is a rather disturbing pic of the victim:Charla Nash, Chimp Attack Victim, Shows Face On "Oprah" (PHOTOS)
    And her hands are gone. They took part of her leg to make a thumb on the right hand but she said she is not a candidate for hand replacement because she is blind
    Last edited by cupcake; November 12th, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Rip Mom

Sum 'bitch! That poor woman. Her friend must feel awful.

Oprah is such a cold bitch. She shouldn't be allowed to interview anyone.

Poor woman,....so tragic. Just awful,.....I have no words.

I'm confused... she's in ICU in a coma but she went on Oprah to tell her story?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Oprah is such a cold bitch. She shouldn't be allowed to interview anyone.

Poor woman,....so tragic. Just awful,.....I have no words.

First off, Oprah is a HORRIBLE interviewer IMO. No, she really should have not done the interview, but she has influence over people and charities... so hopefully she will find it in her budget to help out as well as be an advocate on further charities helping out the victim's case.

Yes, to some degree the victim should have used "common sense" - but there are many stories about how this chimp was "human/people friendly" even though highly trained PROFESSIONALS warned the owner.
    I often donate to charities for animals in the wild - even breeding efforts - but those animals, even in breeding, will be released into the WILD. They are NOT f*cking PETS.
    Lace bras... Great in theory, itchy nips in reality

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information