Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Child named Adolf Hitler (and siblings) removed from parents

I read on another message board someone posting something along the lines of the kids were restricted to certain parts of the house and a neighbour reported that the boy came to their house and was scared to go home.
    or something like that, i have no crediable sources but this is a gossip site

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Anyone that discriminates against someone because of their name is just as big an idiot as the people who named this child.
    It still doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Look at it this way: your little heathen says 'hey mom, my good pal from class, Adolf Hitler, and his kid sister Himler want me to come over for a play. Is that ok?'. Yeah, I'm guessing any parent with half a brain would keep those kids away from their own precious heathens, although they'd probably give a big thank you for putting it right out there in the open.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    It still doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Look at it this way: your little heathen says 'hey mom, my good pal from class, Adolf Hitler, and his kid sister Himler want me to come over for a play. Is that ok?'. Yeah, I'm guessing any parent with half a brain would keep those kids away from their own precious heathens, although they'd probably give a big thank you for putting it right out there in the open.
    And...that's not discrimination, that's being a good parent.
    Would you let your children go to a know drug dealers house? No, but that's not discrimination, that's just being a good parent, too.

Well... Adolf is still a common name in Germany... and so is the last name Hitler.

But the combination of the two... it's just wrong.

However, I don't think it's sufficient reason to remove a child from the parents. Even being a Nazi and raising your kids that way too wouldn't be enough. I think there's more to this story.

^^^^
    of course there is.
    but the fact is, no one in their right mind would name their kid adolf hitler. no one could do that and still be a good parent. you name your kid that, and you can be sure that there is a lot more going on in that house than just the dodgy names.
    that's why it's nowhere near the same thing as naming your kid just any random weird name.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The records are sealed and will remain sealed for the sake of the children. From what I have heard there were issues inside the home that may have been possible dangers for the children - not necessarily any type of abuse. If they take care of these issues they will regain custody. They will probably have to take parenting classes too. Sadly many children live every day in unsafe environments and the neighbors never come to their rescue.

Thumbs up

Update:

Court: Nazi-naming parents shouldn't get kids

The Associated Press August 5, 2010

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) —
    A state appeals court has determined that a New Jersey couple who gave their children Nazi-inspired names should not regain custody of them.

Heath and Deborah Campbell's three small children were removed from their home by the state in January 2009.

The family drew attention after a supermarket refused to decorate a birthday cake for their son, Adolf Hitler Campbell. He and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell have been in foster care.

The appeals court ruled Thursday that sufficient evidence of abuse or neglect existed because of domestic violence in the home. The court sent the case back to family court for further reconsideration. A gag order remains in place and the parties refused to discuss the decision.
    Court: Nazi-naming parents shouldn't get kids - chicagotribune.com

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Good to know the kids aren't going back to their crackpot parents. I wonder how old they'll have to be before they can change their names.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Update:

Court: Nazi-naming parents shouldn't get kids

The Associated Press August 5, 2010

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) —
    A state appeals court has determined that a New Jersey couple who gave their children Nazi-inspired names should not regain custody of them.

Heath and Deborah Campbell's three small children were removed from their home by the state in January 2009.

The family drew attention after a supermarket refused to decorate a birthday cake for their son, Adolf Hitler Campbell. He and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell have been in foster care.

The appeals court ruled Thursday that sufficient evidence of abuse or neglect existed because of domestic violence in the home. The court sent the case back to family court for further reconsideration. A gag order remains in place and the parties refused to discuss the decision.
    Court: Nazi-naming parents shouldn't get kids - chicagotribune.com
    Well if they were taken away because of 'abuse, neglect, domestic violence in the home' then I certainly have no problem with that.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

N.J. judge keeps Nazi-named kids, Adolf Hitler, Aryan Nation, Himler, away from parents
    Friday, 01 June 2012 11:20

BY BOB HOLT
    NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM
    A self-proclaimed Nazi and his wife from Holland Township will not regain custody of their four children, according to a ruling from the New Jersey Supreme Court.

The Campbell family story first received attention when a local Shop-Rite refused to decorate a birthday cake for little Adolf Hitler Campbell’s third birthday in December 2008.

ABC News reported that New Jersey took custody of Adolf, plus his sisters Joycelynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Himler Jeannie Campbell, and put them in foster care in January 2009. The couple’s youngest child, Hons, was taken shortly after he was born in November 2011.

Father Heath Campbell wears a mustache similar to Hitler, and has a swastika tattoo on his neck. He insisted his children weren’t abused. The New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services said DYFS investigations are conducted to determine if the child is at risk, abused or neglected.

The Campbells plan to appeal the ruling.

"If I have to give up my Nazism, then I'll do it," Campbell said, according to UPI.com. The children are "more my heart and soul than anything."

Court records showed that the Campbells, now separated, had been been victims of childhood abuse in the past and suffered from physical and psychological issues. Mail Online reported that Adolf Hitler Campbell often threatened to kill people, according to court reports.

The couple has defended the names of their children, saying they were unique. Heath Campbell said he named his son after Hitler because “no one else in the world would have that name.”
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Perhaps he should have spelled it "Hytler"
    Posted from my iPhone
    Air Quotes and Serendipity like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

What's with Honszlynn and Hons, is that some Nazi reference I'm not getting?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^ i don't know where they got that from, either. maybe they took the german name "hans" and were too stupid to spell it correctly?

how were they able to give their kids those stupid names anyway, isn't there some institution like a registry office where you have to go when you name your kid in the states? you could never give your kid such weird names here, they will tell you to go home and search for a more appropriate name if you did that here.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

No. You can name a child anything here.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information