Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Child dies, now parents want to ban window blind cords

I dunno, I have been on the other side of this issue, but only in one house of all I have ever visited, with two kids and a step. I was invited to stay in a home of former in-laws, the female head of household had chosen to have no children and doesn't like kids overmuch--to each one's own. My son was about one year old and into everything for a whole weekend and it was sheer torture to constantly manage him as there were expensive breakables all over the house at his level.

This would have been difficult but tolerable in itself, but the woman kept asking me in a confrontational way why he wanted to touch things and why he couldn't just sit still etc. Ugh. Because he was a toddler, that's why, lady. Gimme a break. I explained to her that in most homes we visited, people had kids, so the places were reasonably childproof. She had never even heard of child proofing. And was offended. Good times.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

That just sucks. We haven't been able to have them, but I freaking *love* kids and when our Goddaughters visit from out of town (or any other fams with the kids or doggeh kids), all through the years, have done things like move stuff from the guest room where they slept out of reach, made sure we don't have hazards out, "grown up stuff" like books they may sneak and ask their mom about, removed apps from my iPad for the weekend that may be post-PG, etc. Since we don't have them, we love when they visit, and want to make it as easy on the parents who bring them up or over as possible.
    Shinola likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    That just sucks. We haven't been able to have them, but I freaking *love* kids and when our Goddaughters visit from out of town (or any other fams with the kids or doggeh kids), all through the years, have done things like move stuff from the guest room where they slept out of reach, made sure we don't have hazards out, "grown up stuff" like books they may sneak and ask their mom about, removed apps from my iPad for the weekend that may be post-PG, etc. Since we don't have them, we love when they visit, and want to make it as easy on the parents who bring them up or over as possible.
    That's very thoughtful of you and way beyond what I would expect from a host.

I just don't want my kids to mess up people's stuff. Toddlers are beasties.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Toddlers are beasties.
    But they are fun beasties. Kids are just fun.

Niece, while brushing her hair and had just made it to the back, ready to separate it for the braids she wanted: "Aunt Inigo, do you have eyes in the back of your head?"
    Me: "Me? No. Why? Do you know somebody who does?"
    Niece: "Uh, huh. My mamma."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    That's good and right and if we had kids coming to stay with us for a weekend then we'd move some stuff, but I'm not going to run around like a childproofing Tasmanian Devil when someone is just coming around to annoy me.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information