Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chick-Fil-A literally hates gays. Eating there supports their anti equality bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Do white supremacist groups only accept white bread?
    most likely.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    you know, I gave a homeless guy on the street 20 bucks the other day. what a piece of shit I am for not grilling him about his religious affiliations, racial views and his stance on gay marriage.
    *makes a note to go get my money back*
    for shame

then again he could have used the money to get drunk and pass out to die in the snow.

I don't give money to folks on the street - but do donate to the food pantries and homeless shelters. I figure if you're homeless I'm giving you money for food and shelter and if I give it to organizations that are offering that free service then I'm supporting his/her wellbeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

I found this comment elsewhere and really liked it. I may not agree with everything or everyone here, but usually I do try and learn something from any disagreement I have with you jackasses. Hopefully, we all do.

Everyone outraged by this owner's actions would find no issue with a GLBT business owner supporting GLBT specific causes with business resources. In my experience, GLBT business owners are expected to publicly support their community in the way Chick-Fil-A has supported their common community.
    I passionately believe "all men are created equal", and this equality of self means no man's beliefs are superior to those of another. Any group whose raison d'κtre is to put limits on the rights of those with whom they disagree are more dangerous to equality than any concept they seek to suppress. Free expression of all ideas and beliefs, no matter how repugnant or outside the mainstream, is essential to maintaining the freedom to believe the way we choose.
    Actually, I wish everyone was truly open and honest about their prejudices. Imagine how much easier life would be if you knew upfront you were speaking to a bigot, a homophobe, or whomever.
    Many have suggested that if you don't like Chick-Fil-A supporting certain causes, you should boycott them and tell others to do the same. The problem I have is that if they are devout in their religious faith, they will be unfazed by the loss of revenue If Profit turns out to be their True Religion, they will quickly realize that all customers are created equal and change little more than public presentation. Because while money has always been the Great Equalizer of public behavior, it seldom changes inner beliefs.
    Only personal contact changes hearts and minds. I think members of the proud and openly gay community, along with their friends and families, should have a "Gay In" at Chick-Fil-A stores nationwide. It will be very hard to blindly label all gays as "evil" after they have met at least one person who was decent, nice, and polite to them personally; is obviously loved by friends and family members and who happens to be a big-old, pink-card carrying Gay. Just a thought...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Okay, for a Gay In I would lift my boycott - but only for that one event, because it's such a fabulous idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    Okay, for a Gay In I would lift my boycott - but only for that one event, because it's such a fabulous idea.
    "Gay In"! lol I would wear a sparkly pink burqa to such an event.

* I still need to get that sucker made! My brother (who sews) owes me, since I did give him my extra Pedobear plushie!

It really IS an awesome idea. I would love to take my son for dinner at a gay in!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

So I searched and found this. Im surprised no one has added to this thread because its really hit the fan lately. Heres the latest.

Chick-fil-A Opponents Stage Same-Sex Kiss-In
    By AMY BINGHAM (@Amy_Bingham)
    August 3, 2012

On Wednesday hundreds of thousands of traditional marriage activists ate "mor chickin" to support Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. Today, it is same-sex marriage allies' turn.

Gay marriage supporters are putting a romantic spin on traditional sit-ins, organizing "kiss-ins" outside of Chick-fil-A restaurants from Dallas to New York City to celebrate National Same-Sex Kiss Day.

"Basically what you're going to get is a bunch of pretty normal, average, everyday people that just happen to be gay or lesbian give each other a kiss or a hug, hold each other's hand, and really show them that we stand up for what we believe," said Marci Alt, who is organizing a protest outside the Chick-fil-A in Decatur, Ga., about 20 miles from the company's Atlanta headquarters.

While the spark for this week's protests both for and against Chick-fil-A stemmed from comments the company's CEO, Dan Cathy, made supporting traditional marriage, the issues driving people to the streets go deeper than one executive's words.

"For me why it's so important is, I don't believe anybody should have the ability to say, I'm not a good Christian, or I'm Jewish, that I'm not a good Jew because I'm gay," said Alt, who has been with her wife for 12 years and has two daughters.The couple have invited Cathy over to dinner, where they "can share a respectful dialogue about our faith, work and families here in Georgia," said Alt, who says she'll even make chicken.

Get more pure politics at ABC News.com/Politics and a lighter take on the news at OTUSNews.com

Many of the Chick-fil-A supporters who turned out for Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day told ABC News that they chose to eat chicken sandwiches on Wednesday to support Cathy's First Amendment rights to express his opinion on marriage.

Activists who are planning to turn out for Friday's kiss-off say it is not about speech, it's about action. Chick-fil-A and the non-profit foundation WinShape that it supports have donated millions to anti-gay groups such as the Marriage & Family Foundation, the Family Research Council and the National Institute of Marriage, all of which support a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

"Yes, you're allowed to have your opinion, but when you start signing checks over to people who are against my community and trying to rip my family apart, I'm going to stand up," Alt said. The couple have also invited

Alt said she expects "hundreds, hopefully thousands" of people to show up for the Atlanta kiss-in. Other formal protests are planned in Dallas and New York City and hundreds of other informal kiss-ins are expected around the country.

"It is just a nice nonviolent demonstration of LGBT love," said Rome Frost, who is organizing a kiss-in outside of New York City's only Chick-fil-A location, at New York University. "It's to show how much support that we do have and how we can solve these kinds of problems in a very nonviolent and romantic way."

Frost said he expects between 150 and 200 people – both gay and straight – to show up for the New York City kiss-in, which starts at 8 P.M. ET.

Source: Chick-fil-A Opponents Stage Same-Sex Kiss-In - ABC News
    Video at the link.

They have never refused to hire people for being gay, black, Jewish, etc.
    They have refused to hire people for not being Christian. I have at least one friend who interviewed for a job there (this was a couple years back before this brouhaha) and was told he that he wasn't a good fit for the company because he didn't come across as "devout" enough in his interview.

The Jim Henson Company provides toys for the kids' meals and announced that they were severing ties with CFA and would donate all their profits from their Chik-Fil-A contract to GLAAD. CFA promptly removed the toys from their meals and issued a phony safety recall.

More anti-gay statements from Dan Cathy:

Meanwhile, Good as You blogger Jeremy Hooper has unearthed additional video footage of Cathy expressing anti-gay marriage sentiments. "It's very clear in Romans chapter 1, if we look at society today, we see all the twisted up kind of stuff that's going on," Cathy states in the clip. "Washington trying to redefine the definition of marriage and all the other kinds of things that we go -- if you go upstream from that, in Romans chapter 1, you will see that because we have not acknowledged God and because we have not thanked God, that we have been left victim to the foolishness of our own thoughts."
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I love how all the hypocrites who stupidly stood in line at these places on 8/1 grabbed onto "free speech" banner.

I guess throwing up the Jesus/bible shield is not as powerful as it used to be and you have to tack on something else (like "support free speech")for extra protection.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I wish I could say I was shocked by those.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Nope, not gonna read em.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Gold Member

Not going to read them either. It would raise my blood pressure too much.

I don't have a Chick-Fil-A in my area so, sadly, I have nothing to boycott. Nor do I have a chance to witness any gay-ins.
    shedevilang likes this.

As far as I know I don't have a Chif-Fil-A in my country and I'm glad, although it would be worth it just because the name sounds like the nickname a douchebag would give his penis ie "would you like to kiss my Chick Filler?" and would give us Aussies lots of laughs.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information