Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chick-Fil-A literally hates gays. Eating there supports their anti equality bullshit.

Anna Sui — who once gave guests at her fashion show t-shirts that read "Forever WANTED: Don Cassidy and The Sundance Jin" that quoted Exodus 20:15, "Thou shalt not steal"
    That's beautiful.

See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

There's videos of Nunzilla in action on youtube. She has sparks that come out of her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    But doesn't that make it easier to see how other people might see a correlative relationship and form assumptions about companies that are this vocal about their religiousness? If they're that extreme, it often leads to hatefulness.
    Also, by being vocal, they're violating scripture.

Matthew 6:5-6
    “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 6:1-34
    “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ don't go and make sense now Twitch and Bee! that wouldn't be christian-like
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; January 30th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    There's videos of Nunzilla in action on youtube. She has sparks that come out of her mouth.

Also, by being vocal, they're violating scripture.

Matthew 6:5-6
    “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 6:1-34
    “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...
    well sheeeeit, who'da thunk I would've agreed with a bible verse? Hope this doesn't affect my VIP status in hell. *worried*

But doesn't that make it easier to see how other people might see a correlative relationship and form assumptions about companies that are this vocal about their religiousness? If they're that extreme, it often leads to hatefulness.
    That may be true, I don't know. I'm sure it's true for some situations, at least. I have no use for organized religion, personally - it's controlling and often hypocritical and intolerant, and I don't trust it, but I am just leery of automatically assuming that every single business that's open with this stuff is de debbil.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    I am always happy when religiously oriented companies display their religion for the world to see, it makes it easier for me to decide where to put my money. I'm not interested in increasing the profits of a religious company which will more than likely increase the funding for their particular 'churches'. I don't donate to religiouslorganizations as a rule, so I don't shop at religiously affiliated companies. When they advertise their faith it makes things so much easier for me.
    Yes, we should all ban together against faith.
    How vocal? Are we talking about a stamp on a bag or what? I'm a bit lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    That may be true, I don't know. I'm sure it's true for some situations, at least. I have no use for organized religion, personally - it's controlling and often hypocritical and intolerant, and I don't trust it, but I am just leery of automatically assuming that every single business that's open with this stuff is de debbil.
    I have no use for organized religion. Having said that, though, I don't begrudge anyone else who likes to go to church. Shit, live and let live. I don't think anyone having faith in God has any affect on me whatsoever. I just don't get the fuss over a stamp on a bag.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Default Popular chicken chain under fire for anti-gay marriage donations

Popular chicken chain under fire for anti-gay marriage donations - Yahoo! News

Fans of the addictive sandwiches of Chick-fil-A who also support gay marriage are facing a dilemma: Should one follow the dictates of the stomach or the conscience?

The privately owned chain, famous for closing on Sundays in deference to its founder's evangelical Christian values, donates to many Christian causes, scholarships, and organizations through its charitable arm.

But when a Pennsylvania restaurant donated sandwiches and brownies to a Harrisburg meeting of The Pennsylvania Family Group, a group that works to outlaw gay marriage, pro-gay marriage bloggers and gay rights organizations went on the offensive. The news quickly trickled into the mainstream. Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton wrote about it, and so did the food blog Grub Street, with the headline "Chick-fil-A is anti-gay."

President Dan Cathy posted a video response to the company's Facebook page in early January, no doubt hoping to quell the controversy. "Chick-fil-A serves all people and values all people," Cathy said, adding that the donation did not serve as a political endorsement. UPDATE: Cathy now says Chick-fil-A will no longer donate to any organizations that take a political stand on marriage.

Thousands of people chimed in on Chick-fil-A's Facebook page, many of whom said they would support the chain even more because of the donation and the controversy around it.[/B]
    [B]
    "You have nothing to expain to your customers, we support your family values, and know that you mean no ill-will to those with other opinions," John Joyner wrote.

Others wrote that they would give up their favorite chicken with heavy hearts.

"I've eaten and loved chick all my life. I am sad that me and my entire family must denounce the Chick until you publicly apologize and make an equal and opposite donation to the Human Rights Campaign or other civil rights group," Rob Augino commented.

Some people wrestling between their stomachs and their beliefs painted their sacrifice in grandiose terms. "Never again will I enjoy your spicy chicken sandwich," writes one morose former fan on Twitter.

It's unclear how many people actually intend to shun the Georgia-based chain on the basis of its opposition to gay marriage--and what impact a consumer boycott will have on the company's bottom line. So far, students at Indiana University South Bend got the chain booted from campus, according to a post on Change.org, which hosts petitions against the chicken restaurant. (UPDATE: University administrators say Chick-fil-A is only suspended, not permanently banned, from campus, according to The South Bend Tribune.)

The company's anti-gay marriage donations go beyond the alliance in Pennsylvania. The WinShape Foundation, the company's charitable institution, and the Cathy family have donated millions to Christian organizations and causes, including some that campaign against gay marriage, The New York Times writes. A couples retreat operated by WinShape does not accept homosexual couples, according to the blog Good As You.

Other businesses have found themselves the center of controversy for wading into political debates. Target and Best Buy were boycotted this summer after they made donations to a group that backed Minnesota gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer, who does not support gay rights. Target apologized for the donations.
    Last edited by Tati; January 31st, 2011 at 09:21 PM.

fgg

ok, so creepy pepaw = good, gays = bad.

So basically, Chick-Fil-A donated sandwiches to a group/organization and that = hates gays? Come on, now. I do not believe Chick-Fil-A has taken a stand against gays. If they had, i would have no problem depriving my son of his favorite food.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Donating to a hate group makes you complicit. Had they offered an apology, it might have been different.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sorry Grimm but these groups may be anti-gay marriage but they are so much more. They offer lots of other services that benefit people. I know you are anti-religion but many are not. Hell I have several friends who oppose abortion but make donations to Planned Parenthood because they value the many other services provided by the organization.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Uhuh.

And if they were against interracial marriage and donated money to causes to prevent it? How about anti semitic stuff?

If they did that, but were nice otherwise, how would you react?

Same thing.

These are people's rights and freedoms being kept from them, and you're blithely sidestepping that fact because they do a couple nice things (to people who fall within their parameters of "acceptable" of course) elsewhere?

I say again: if it was skin color, or religious in nature, people would have a fit. Cuz it's the gays, meh. It's fine.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Thanks twitchy
    You're welcome. Please post video of your battling nuns when they arrive.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Sorry Grimm. The group they donated too is more than just anti-gay marriage. It is just 1 piece of what Family Forum is. If they refused to donate to other organizations that weren't anti-gay I would feel differently. They are donating money and food to our Post Prom party in May. They never once asked our political beliefs. They do not limit their donation to just Christian schools. If they were only donating to groups that supported exclusion I would feel differently. They don't discriminate in their giving. They are also donating to the Hebrew School down the road.

ETA - the event in question is a marriage retreat for Christian couples looking to strengthen their own marriages. It is not a political event to get people to be against gay marriage.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information