Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chick-Fil-A literally hates gays. Eating there supports their anti equality bullshit.

Haha - I never noticed that Alice
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    well Forever 21 has 'John 3:16' on the bottom of their shopping bags!
    Really? A reference to this passage? "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I see you're not a King James guy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yep! another store has it too, but I forget which store, i was like ok guess i know who owns these chains

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    They're Southern Baptist, not Mormon. (Of the variety my grandma called "Hardshell Baptist". No drinking, no smoking, no dancing, no playing cards, etc.)

The closed on Sundays thing, yeah, well, whatever. Never seemed like a wise business policy to me, but it's their choice. There's plenty of other chicken restaurants ready and willing to soak up the hungry after church crowds.

The strong anti-LGBT bias and the lawsuits filed by former non-Christian employees are another matter entirely.

They are "hard shell" Baptist for sure. Their founder was one and all of that.

S. Truett Cathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Within the Bible Belt it is actually not that big a secret. But, I am truly happy that more folks are learning of this company.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    They are "hard shell" Baptist for sure. Their founder was one and all of that.

S. Truett Cathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Within the Bible Belt it is actually not that big a secret. But, I am truly happy that more folks are learning of this company.
    Damn, even his noggin' looks like a "hard shell"!

I just read that In & Out Burger has a bible reference on their bags and cups too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ oh yeah i think thats the place, I didn't care cuz I don't eat that crap. and i hardly ever shop at Forever 21, I don't have 5 hours to kill going through racks of garbage at that place for one cheap knock-off that'll fall apart in the wash anydamnway!

I think they also own Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ever been to europe? pretty much everything closes on sundays. can't go to the supermarket, malls, boutiques on that day. and european churches are being sold to make condos because people are increasingly non-religious. but culturally and historically sunday is viewed as the day of rest and as such, everything closes. it's only in recent years that some shops can acquire special permits to open sundays and in super touristy areas you see more open shops but on the whole, everything closes. and i don't see why that's such a big deal.
    Well it is a big deal when you're not used to that. The weekend is for catching up on errands, and when I lived there it pissed me off that so many things were closed Sundays and you were SOL if you needed something specific that day.

Anyhow. Fuck Chik-Fil-A. I grew up in the South and always knew they were fundie Baptists. Everyone would always rave about their food and their criss-cross fries but I never saw the appeal. Mainly because I think they used lard to fry. That offends me almost as much as their anti-gay bullshit.

It does sadden me to hear that In-N-Out is also pushes their religous thing. Their burgers are pretty tasty. But at least those bitches are open on Sundays!

I don't get why anybody would get their panties in a wad over a bible verse on a bag. Big whoop. It's not like they're making people sit through a sermon in order to shop there.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

It seems innocuous, like religious people pleasantly handing out pamphlets about being saved, but it's still annoying when anyone, particularly a stranger or a company pushes their religion on you no matter how polite or subtle it is. It's the principle that rankles me. Plus, their business has nothing to do with religion and religion is divisive, so why bring it up at all?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I don't get why anybody would get their panties in a wad over a bible verse on a bag. Big whoop. It's not like they're making people sit through a sermon in order to shop there.
    Because they use this illusion of holiness to sanctify their products?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

yeah it doesn't bug me cuz like is said i dont frequent those places anyways, i just rolled my eyes when i saw it and laughed whenever this was like years ago...

Religious proselytizing on every day shit is fucking stupid and irritating.

Keep your fundie bullshit in church, where it belongs.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information