Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chick-Fil-A literally hates gays. Eating there supports their anti equality bullshit.

SVZ

almost ate there once at an airport layover. good thing i didn't!

I hate to hear this but not surprised since they do close on Sundays I figured they were good Baptists or something. They'll lose my money.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I have actually admired Chick-fi-ley for sticking to their beliefs and not opening on Sunday. They treat the teens that work for them very well and give millions in college scholarships. They do so much right. Now I hear this. I am not really surprised since they are very religious but I am saddened to hear they do not treat everyone equally.
    I know I've said it already, but I don't admire them for it. Somehow, I figure out how to get to church, then take my kids out for their activities, and then go shopping and all the other stuff on Sunday. I understand that for some religions Sunday (or Saturday) is a day of rest, but once you become a big corporation, you are imposing your day of rest on employees and customers who aren't the same religion as you.

If you feel a corporation closing on Sunday imposes their religion on you, you're free to take your business elsewhere. I don't get the big deal over that. The heavily Jewish neighborhoods in NY are ghost towns on Saturdays, nothing is open, but I just think of it as people observing their religion, not imposing their beliefs on me.

The anti-gay thing is another matter. But I am also free to take my business elsewhere.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

They're Southern Baptist, not Mormon. (Of the variety my grandma called "Hardshell Baptist". No drinking, no smoking, no dancing, no playing cards, etc.)

The closed on Sundays thing, yeah, well, whatever. Never seemed like a wise business policy to me, but it's their choice. There's plenty of other chicken restaurants ready and willing to soak up the hungry after church crowds.

The strong anti-LGBT bias and the lawsuits filed by former non-Christian employees are another matter entirely.

yeah, totally no surprise, as fucked up as it is. they're owned by baptists, iirc. i have only seen these restaurants a couple of times in my life; must not be as prolific in california, or at least my area anyway?

eta: just recalled that i've even read a direct quote from the owner (?), saying something like "we do have a couple jews at chick-fil-a, but an atheist wouldn't really be welcome here." there was also something 5 or 10 years back about a muslim being fired for refusing to participate in company prayer, on the clock. they were on my boycott list way before this...fucking weirdos, for sure.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

They are expanding big time here in my area. In years past they were in all the malls. Now they are opening tons of free standing stores so they don't have to pay the fines for not opening on Sundays. And Mohandas - I do not see it as imposing their beliefs on me at all for not opening on Sunday.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I know I've said it already, but I don't admire them for it. Somehow, I figure out how to get to church, then take my kids out for their activities, and then go shopping and all the other stuff on Sunday. I understand that for some religions Sunday (or Saturday) is a day of rest, but once you become a big corporation, you are imposing your day of rest on employees and customers who aren't the same religion as you.
    ever been to europe? pretty much everything closes on sundays. can't go to the supermarket, malls, boutiques on that day. and european churches are being sold to make condos because people are increasingly non-religious. but culturally and historically sunday is viewed as the day of rest and as such, everything closes. it's only in recent years that some shops can acquire special permits to open sundays and in super touristy areas you see more open shops but on the whole, everything closes. and i don't see why that's such a big deal.

that said, for everything else they stand for, this company deserves to get bombed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ever been to europe? pretty much everything closes on sundays. can't go to the supermarket, malls, boutiques on that day.
    The frantic Saturday afternoon store run, those are fun. 'Course, all the flea markets open on Sunday with their exotic food booths.

We have a Chick-Fil-A less then a mile away. It's always packed (except on Sundays.) It's heavy Xtian marketing makes it very popular around here.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Not opening a store on a Sunday is imposing beliefs on someone else? bullshit? How many of the people here work for companies that are closed on Sundays?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Mine is closed on Sunday. We don't allow people to be mentally ill on Sundays.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I close my company on Sat & Sun so I can cover the Jews and Christians!! Truth is we are "open" 24/7 and go pick up a child for emergency foster care in the middle of the night at least once a week.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ever been to europe? pretty much everything closes on sundays. can't go to the supermarket, malls, boutiques on that day. and european churches are being sold to make condos because people are increasingly non-religious. but culturally and historically sunday is viewed as the day of rest and as such, everything closes. it's only in recent years that some shops can acquire special permits to open sundays and in super touristy areas you see more open shops but on the whole, everything closes. and i don't see why that's such a big deal.
    I haven't been to Europe, but it definitely has been my understanding that they close up a lot of stuff on Sunday compared to the United States. Quite frankly, that is a big cultural difference. Where I live, virtually nothing is closed on Sunday, so a business that is closed on Sunday kind of stands out.

I don't eat there. Nonissue for me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well Forever 21 has 'John 3:16' on the bottom of their shopping bags!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information