Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cheese" - Tylenol PM and heroin, the new teenage drug??

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    No parents are getting "stupider" at an alarming rate.
    ..and given that half the 'parents' seem to be mere children themselves anyway..the planet is fucking doomed.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Is it just me, or are kids getting stupider at an alarming rate?
    Maybe it's a phenomenon resulting from the proliferation of "helicopter parenting" that has been much discussed in other threads. A good deal of the kids receiving this type of parenting are probably just hitting the rebellious age (and look for more and worse to come). Perhaps all the plastic outlet plugs, padded corners, safety seats, helmets, security cams, toy recalls, removal of *dangerous* playground equipment (seriously WTF is left on these playgrounds?), metal detectors, parents suing schools and parents of other kids instead of just letting the kid take an ass whipping or verbal ribbing and learn how to stand up for himself have caused kids to go nuts with much more drastic risk-taking (and bullying) when it comes to engaging in "extreme" (and often stupid) activities.

Hell, everyone rebels. But at least we had enough fucking common sense when I was young (the large majority of us anyway) not to do something that would get us killed or even busted with anything more than would result in one night in the slammer and your parents having to bail you out and you being grounded for eternity and laughing about it 10 years later.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

as they say DALLAS, they mean PLANO... its tue i worked with the teens in plano at a ymca and they are a crazyyyy drugs school, all the kids that go to plano are rich little assholes and have all there parents money to invinte new drugs....

so sad

complete lack of parenting..

HAHA- the tylenol is more $$ then the heroin...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Maybe it's a phenomenon resulting from the proliferation of "helicopter parenting" that has been much discussed in other threads. A good deal of the kids receiving this type of parenting are probably just hitting the rebellious age (and look for more and worse to come). Perhaps all the plastic outlet plugs, padded corners, safety seats, helmets, security cams, toy recalls, removal of *dangerous* playground equipment (seriously WTF is left on these playgrounds?), metal detectors, parents suing schools and parents of other kids instead of just letting the kid take an ass whipping or verbal ribbing and learn how to stand up for himself have caused kids to go nuts with much more drastic risk-taking (and bullying) when it comes to engaging in "extreme" (and often stupid) activities.

Hell, everyone rebels. But at least we had enough fucking common sense when I was young (the large majority of us anyway) not to do something that would get us killed or even busted with anything more than would result in one night in the slammer and your parents having to bail you out and you being grounded for eternity and laughing about it 10 years later.
    I think you're dead on. See, at that age, with any experimenting I did with booze/weed the thought of how dead I would be if my mother ever caught me was all the 'risk' I needed.

Elite Member

^^^Yep, yep, me too.

Say, that person who said they can't get Tylenol PM, why not?

I take 2 generic Benadryl to help me sleep. It's the same ingredient in OTC sleeping pills (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride) but way cheaper.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Jesus. Well, i guess now we'll have to fork over DNA samples at the pharmacy in order to purchase tylenol pm, as if having to show my driver's license to get sudafed isn't offensive enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by brittnicore View Post
    as they say DALLAS, they mean PLANO... its tue i worked with the teens in plano at a ymca and they are a crazyyyy drugs school, all the kids that go to plano are rich little assholes and have all there parents money to invinte new drugs....

so sad

No they mean Dallas.... Plano was just heroin..
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah remember that big expose in Rollingstone Magazine about Plano, TX and the heroin problem there - i think its funny how stupid rich kids are od-ing. i hate rich kids anyways; they contribute nothing to society.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    No parents are getting "stupider" at an alarming rate.
    i agree with this...it's a good argument for waiting till you're at least a little bit older to have children...just a few years...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    ^^^Yep, yep, me too.

Say, that person who said they can't get Tylenol PM, why not?

I take 2 generic Benadryl to help me sleep. It's the same ingredient in OTC sleeping pills (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride) but way cheaper.
    I think that was me, I can get it, well Walmart's version. My doctor told me to take it for sleep but I still wake up at night, so why bother?

I'm goofy with antihistamines and such. The generic of somethings will cause side effects and the brand won't. With Benadryl, my heart goes wonky and since I already have an arrhythmia, I don't want to push it.

I have a grandmother who has been on some pill or another, several at a time for most of her life, that is the best PSA I ever needed to want to avoid taking pills.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information