Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Chavscot! It's Aintree 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Can't post pics because I'm on my iPad, but page 4 towards the bottom, there's a pic of a girl in a navy blue polka dot dress, navy blue hat and red pocketbook; I think her outfit is nice.
    Did you mean this lovely lady ? The Chola brows really accent the whole outfit

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post

Colourful: A cheerfully dressed group of racegoers show off their take on summer dressing as they arrive at a rainy Aintree for Ladies Day
    I could work with the second outfit from the left. Man, do I hate those shoes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post

Chic: A beautifully dressed racegoer shows off her elegant pink suit and sensible silver flat
    I could do this, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

+76
    Not terrible.

+76
    This is sort of all right for just going all out with!
    KrisNine likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Whoa.

This is my outfit selection. She's so kitch-ly authentic looking. I'd also wear a comfort shoe with the long dress because if my feet hurt for five seconds my day is ruined.

With some re-accessorizing, this could be a great look. It's not bad now.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Ugh. You people know what your problem is? You're too damn classy.

In the true spirit of Aintree, I'm going to get completely drunk and roll with this glorious pink ensemble second from the right:

now that's Aintree!
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

In the true spirit of Aintree, I'm going to get completely drunk and roll with this glorious pink ensemble second from the right:

now that's Aintree!

I guess if forced to, I could go with this black and white number:

Feeling the cold: The revelers left the track as temperatures dropped at Aintree. Women hobbled through the sea of plastic cups to leave the track
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

now that's Aintree!
    Now now, those shoes are entirely too sensible!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Did you mean this lovely lady ? The Chola brows really accent the whole outfit

Yes, that one, thanks! I said I liked her outfit, the sharpie brows are a whole other story...

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Now now, those shoes are entirely too sensible!
    True. I'll swap them for these: http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/tyrus-hot-pink.html

A*O

I'd wear the navy blue polka dots too, including the hat but not the DoC makeup and the nasty plastic red earrings. The row of pashmina ladies isn't too bad either, considering.

I don't think we should be too mean though. It must be very hard getting all glammed up in the confines of a cramped caravan illegally parked in a rest stop.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Why do the women all look so...hard? They look like they're out on parole on their way to church.
    stella blue, Jazzy and greysfang like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

A*O

Most of them probably have pretty hard lives. This event is a tiny glimmer of glamour for them so they go to town. There a high proportion of gypsies/pikeys/travellers here and in that world the women cook, clean, breed and pander to their menfolk and the men "work", drink and fight. Look at the pics and see how the men and women keep themselves in separate groups.
    Last edited by A*O; April 5th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    BITTER and Kittylady like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'd take the navy polka dots outfit too. But not the makeup.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Feeling the cold: The revelers left the track as temperatures dropped at Aintree. Women hobbled through the sea of plastic cups to leave the track
    This looks like a funeral at the city dump.
    A*O and Sylkyn like this.

A Funeral?????!
    More like a grown-up white trash barbie-dress up convention

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Epsom Ladies' Day sees fillies in fascinators and fancy frocks descend on the Derby | Mail Online

Are you sure that's allowed at Epsom? Tattoos and piercings at Ladies Day as fillies in fascinators and fancy frocks observe the code: hats, frocks... and fizz!

• Bold blooms, big hats and modest heels reigned supreme among the elegantly dressed female racegoers
    • However Emily Wood, a 25-year-old tattoo parlour owner, chose her own risqué look
    • It didn't break the dress code - however fellow racegoers criticised the body art for looking 'cheap'

By Eleanor Harding
    Published: 09:15 EST, 6 June 2014 | Updated: 07:58 EST, 7 June 2014

It is still thought of as a chance for women to show off their good taste in fashion. So more than a few racegoers got the needle yesterday when Emily Wood turned up for Ladies’ Day at Epsom sporting all-over tattoos.

While other women donned expensive gowns and chic headwear, Mrs Wood, 25, also wore a very short skirt, 6in platform shoes and facial piercings. But she was allowed in to the venue because her risqué look did not break the dress code.

In contrast to Royal Ascot, which requires female racegoers to wear formal attire and a hat, Epsom – where the Derby will be run today – is less strict.
    However, Mrs Wood – who attended the Derby festival meeting with husband David, 40, and friends – may have had a motive for showing off her body art.

The former pupil at £14,000-a-year Sutton High School owns a local tattoo parlour, where her clients include several famous footballers. Tattoos have been increasingly on show at Ladies’ Days in recent years, sparking a debate over whether they lower the tone.

Wendy Farrow, 50, a sales assistant from South London, said: ‘I don’t like these tattoos at Epsom. It spoils people’s outfits and looks a bit cheap. I’ve been coming here for ten years and I remember it used to be a more pleasant experience.

‘A lot of girls are getting drunk and being sick in the toilets. I can’t remember it being like that before.’

Getting under the skin of racegoers: Emily Wood at Epsom yesterday

Stunning: Beautifully dressed racegoers Katie Readman, Lavinia Brennan, Martha Ward and Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs at Epsom

Glamorous: (L to R) Lisa Tan, Angela Menz and Kelly Odell (left) embraced the dress code with knee length hemlines, pretty floral prints and peach

Classy: Racegoers were pretty pastel designs that wouldn't look out of place in Kim Sears' wardrobe

Someone's having a good day! One suited and booted male racegoer larks around with two ladies on stilts

Fluorescent: While the general look of the day was demure, a handful of ladies seemed to have adopted their own theme of 'tight and bright' for the day

All white! Four female racegoers opted for classy and figure hugging white and cream designs

Striking: A racegoer shows off an incredible feathered creation, made using pink and orange dyed pheasant feathers

Colourful: Racegoers Lisa (left) and Samantha Wright from Essex opted for luminous colours for their eye-catching fascinators

Big hats: Fascinators, once a perennial favourite, were dropped this year in favour of supersized hats with feather and flower decoratio

All things bright and beautiful: These ladies took the hot-right-now colour blocking trend to a whole new level today

Posing up: These ladies know a thing or two about modelling and showcase their best poses for the photographers

Matchy matchy: One racegoer took the matchy matchy trend to a new level with matching gloves, dress and hat, right, while one lady, right, makes the vintage trend her own, very Paloma Faith!

Cheers to the weekend! Some elegantly dressed ladies raised their glasses to their respective horses as the race began

Crowds: Hundreds of well dressed punters turned out today to celebrate the Investec Derby in Surrey

Looking good: Layla Leigh and Bianca Payne show off some impressive head gear (left) while another lady checks her white heels for signs of mud

Intimate: A lady gives her male companion a cheeky peck on the cheek

Decisions, decisions: Three ladies give the handbook a quick once over whilst sipping on champagne

Man of the hour: An jubilant looking red-head celebrates a win with his equally cheerful friends - and it looks like the pints are going down well!

Pretty in peach: Two young racegoers show exactly how to work the dress code in flattering and stylish designs

Did she win? Horse racing enthusiasts react during races at the Epsom Down racecourse

Come onnnnn! Enthusiasm builds as the racegoers cheer their horses on, all while enjoying the sunshine and pimms

She's a winner! One brightly dressed racegoer celebrates her win with a glass of champagne and some loud cheers

Here they come! A group of women cheer on their horse in The Princess Elizabeth Stakes

Sunshine: Spirits ran high as the racing kicked off, with the glorious weather adding an extra jubilant feel to the day

Winners: Racegoers in the Royal Enclosure react after their horse won the third race of what is one of the most hotly anticipated days in the racing calender

Jo Atkinson cheers during the second race of Ladies Day as bets continue to build and the tension mounted among the enthusiastic crowd

Epsom Ladies' Day sees fillies in fascinators and fancy frocks descend on the Derby | Mail Online

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information