Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Carnival cruise ship passengers face "horrific" conditions after engine fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yeah, after that "vacation", I'd be glad to go to New Orleans. But I am a native so... And damn, those Alabama folks are really taking this as a slap in the face to THEM, ain't they? Sounds like some lingering bitterness between Mobile and Carnival.
    Oh well, at least these folks are off that damn filthy boat now!

Hell yeah we are bitter! Fuck Carnival! lol really though both Mobile and Carnival are equally as butt hurt with each other now.
    Laurent likes this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

nancydrew - is the Mobile Infirmary still around?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Triumph Cruise Ship Bus Breaks Down

(CNN) — Carnival Triumph passengers scattered to the four (better smelling) winds Friday, headed anywhere and everywhere but back to the stinky, crippled ship where they were trapped for days.
    In one final episode of indignity, the bus carrying some passengers to New Orleans broke down early Friday, leaving them stranded once again — this time on the side of the highway.
    “You wouldn’t think after the ship nightmare, that on the bus ride to New Orleans, the bus would break down,” passenger Jacob Combs said after the bus arrived in New Orleans following a 45-minute roadside delay.
    By the busload, passengers arrived in New Orleans, Galveston, Texas, and Houston, destined for flights or car trips that would take them home after the ill-fated trip — which went horribly wrong after an engine-room fire Sunday left the ship drifting, largely without power, in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Among the arriving passengers in Galveston were Tony and Jenny Larocca of Lake Charles, Louisiana, on their first trip away from the kids — a cruise that the husband got his wife for Christmas. Their souvenir? A bag of stinky clothes and a new appreciation for each other.
    “There’s no way I could have made it without him,” Jenny Larocca said.
    As they spoke, tugboats were pulling the crippled Triumph to a Mobile, Alabama, shipyard where it was to undergo repairs. The ship won’t carry passengers until at least mid-April.
    The Triumph finally pulled into port in Mobile late Thursday night after an agonizingly slow trip to the docks made longer by a busted tow line. Passengers lined the railings, cheering and waving towels in celebration as the ship finally pulled in.
    The last passengers got off early Friday. Some stayed overnight in Mobile before boarding buses to New Orleans or Texas.
    All were happy to be back on land. A few even kissed the pavement.

Triumph Cruise Ship Bus Breaks Down | FOX2now.com
    I blew the tranny in my car.........thanks MsDark.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Not her, but just jumping in to say yes it is. I think probably almost half the people I know were born there.

Mobile Infirmary Medical Center
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Bags of feces in the bus aisle!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Not her, but just jumping in to say yes it is. I think probably almost half the people I know were born there.

Now you know another one! Me too.
    Laurent likes this.

- Mark Twain

Hey, small world!

If you click on that link and then go to "Our Latest Arrivals," you can see what the hot names for newborns at MI are these days. Most aren't bad, but one or two are cringy.
    Brookie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I like one of the mother's names - "Tisu". Pass me a "tisu", please.
    Laurent likes this.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post

(CNN) — Carnival Triumph passengers scattered to the four (better smelling) winds Friday, headed anywhere and everywhere but back to the stinky, crippled ship where they were trapped for days.
    In one final episode of indignity, the bus carrying some passengers to New Orleans broke down early Friday, leaving them stranded once again — this time on the side of the highway.
    “You wouldn’t think after the ship nightmare, that on the bus ride to New Orleans, the bus would break down,” passenger Jacob Combs said after the bus arrived in New Orleans following a 45-minute roadside delay.
    By the busload, passengers arrived in New Orleans, Galveston, Texas, and Houston, destined for flights or car trips that would take them home after the ill-fated trip — which went horribly wrong after an engine-room fire Sunday left the ship drifting, largely without power, in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Among the arriving passengers in Galveston were Tony and Jenny Larocca of Lake Charles, Louisiana, on their first trip away from the kids — a cruise that the husband got his wife for Christmas. Their souvenir? A bag of stinky clothes and a new appreciation for each other.
    “There’s no way I could have made it without him,” Jenny Larocca said.
    As they spoke, tugboats were pulling the crippled Triumph to a Mobile, Alabama, shipyard where it was to undergo repairs. The ship won’t carry passengers until at least mid-April.
    The Triumph finally pulled into port in Mobile late Thursday night after an agonizingly slow trip to the docks made longer by a busted tow line. Passengers lined the railings, cheering and waving towels in celebration as the ship finally pulled in.
    The last passengers got off early Friday. Some stayed overnight in Mobile before boarding buses to New Orleans or Texas.
    All were happy to be back on land. A few even kissed the pavement.

Triumph Cruise Ship Bus Breaks Down | FOX2now.com
    And that is why I would have not gotten on the bus. I just sensed that was going to happen.

I'd love to go to New Orleans, but after all that, I think I'd want to collapse in the first shower/bed I found and then go straight home.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

Smaller world, I was born there as well. The Infirmary is still going. It got damage from the Christmas Day tornado, but not much.
    Laurent and Brookie like this.
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I finally heard from my friends! They are NOT on this-they are on the Crown Princess and are having a great time. They dock tomorrow, all nice and normal.
    Princess is also owned by Carnival...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Can you imagine being on that damn bus? The last thing I would have wanted to do after disembarking from The Good Ship Smellypoop is get on a bus. I would have booked a hotel for a couple of nights, taken about 25 showers, eaten at a nice restaurant, rented a car and drove back to NOLA. Gawd.
    Laurent, Waterslide and laynes like this.

- Mark Twain

Watching the cruise ship ep of 20/20...the cruise industry is all about taking peoples' money. I love ships and maritime history and shit, but today's cruise industry is so not related to that.
    Laurent and Waterslide like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Not only did one of the buses break down on the way to NOLA, I read some shit about a few passengers were to fly home but their flight was canceled due to some sort of electrical issue. At that point, you would have to just laugh.

I would have rented the first decent hotel in sight and taken a nice hot shower, sent my clothes to be washed and ordered a hot meal.
    Laurent and Brookie like this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information