Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bullied teen is voted on to homecoming court as cruel prank

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Yanna as a Brit I can say that in my day we didn't have any of the 'Most Popular' style of voting, nor did we have to undergo the apparent trauma of Prom Night. It's only in the last couple of years that I've heard about schools where I live holding a Prom and seeing the teen kids of friends fretting themselves into insanity about what they're going to wear/whether anyone will ask them and the parents fretting about how the hell they're going to pay for everything that goes with it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

We didn't have a prom king/queen or homecoming at my HS. But up here in leftist, liberal, known communist NYC we don't generally go for this type of shite.

We had our prom at Windows on the World, it was truly a beautiful place.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Aw WitchCurl I bet that was amazing, what a venue.

Poor wee girl, her folks should be so proud of her that she's standing up for herself and giving the bullies a big fuck you. She sounds like a great girl, I hope she has a fantastic night. That footballer's an idiot, he's been to the Stodden English class.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Her hair looks amazing in that video. Really nice colour and style, red and short suits her much better than blond.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    We had our prom at Windows on the World, it was truly a beautiful place.
    Aww! I bet it was beautiful. I hope you got pictures.

I hope she will post the pics for us....
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I don't mean the bullying. I mean the whole notion of homecoming or being voted by your classmates as most beautiful ever prom queen, likely to succeed or whatever this is. In general voting for anything other than class president/student board. Other euros can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's just not done in Europe.
    We didn't do anything like that, the closest we got was the appointment of prefects. Needless to say I was the only one in my group of friends who wasn't one. They were so smug until I pointed out that they had to do dinner time duty etc whereas I was be chilling in the common room. Ha! I still don't understand why being a prefect was a good thing.....

Rerom. We still had an end of year disco which was a big deal to us then. Just without the tuxs & flouncy dresses.
    Free Charmed.

fgg

Whitney Kropp, Bullied Michigan Teen, 'So Happy' at Homecoming

When Whitney Kropp was nominated for her school's homecoming court as a prank, she never expected the outpouring of support she received from her community and the Internet.

What began as a cruel joke has turned into an unforgettable experience for the 16-year-old, who attended Ogemaw Heights High School's coronation on Friday, CNN reports.

"I'm so happy this is so much right now for me," she told reporters.

When she first learned her nomination was a prank, Kropp says she felt "like trash" but after surveying her family and friends, she decided to stay on the court, which resulted in her West Branch, Mich., community rallying around her.

Several local business donated Kropp's homecoming gown and shoes and hairstylist Shannon Champagne donated her services.

"Every girl looks forward to being on that homecoming court and for her name to be called. For her to be so excited about that and then just to find out it was all a joke, it really touched me," Champagne said.

Meanwhile, a Facebook titled "Support Whitney Kropp" currently has 126,134 likes with users from across the nation sharing their support with the teen.

"When I saw your story on the news last night, I cried tears for you and for those who hurt you. I pray that they will learn from the strength that you have shown. May you continue to show the world the wonderful person you are. Great job for standing up for yourself and for the message you have sent to others. You have touched many lives," one commenter, Sharon Kotts, wrote on the page.

But despite the malicious intentions of a few students, Kropp has nothing but praise for her high school.

"The school is fantastic. They treated me so well here and I couldn't ask for me," she said.

When asked by reporters whether she had a message for others who are bullied, Knopp said: "Stand up for what you believe in and go with your heart and go with your gut. That's what I did, and look at me now. I'm just as happy as can be!"

Whitney Kropp - Victim of Homecoming Prank 'So Happy' : People.com

pic at the link. tbh, it doesn't look like anyone did her hair or makeup.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information