Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Britain's fattest teen weighs 33 stone/462 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I can't help but feel immense sympathy for her, even though she's done this to herself. She's definately suffering the consequences of her own choices and it may well kill her.
    Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Child abuse is what it is.
    I agree,parents have a responsibility to not let their kid get that fat. The mom is a real porker though.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i can't help but feel sorry for her. she must be completely miserable, that's no way to live.
    this story just depresses the hell out of me.

It's just sad. I've know a few people with this disorder, they give up on life & figure their fat anyway so lets just keep eating and keep getting fatter.

I also feel anger as well, like show some self control!
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Wow! She looks so much healthier...i'm happy for her that she took
    the necessary step to combat the weight issue...
    I hope she stays on it after the academy...

Wow, who would have thought such a pretty girl was hiding underneath all of that unnecessary weight!!!

She looks amazing!

Good for her!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

she does look good..I hope she keeps it up
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

As someone who has dealt with weight and eating problems for at least 2/3 of my life, this freaks me out. I am terrified at the thought that it is humanly possible to get that large. This is horrible.

good for her for trying to lose some weight. I hope she succeeds and continues
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

She's doing well, good girl, keep at it

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

She looks so much happier - I just hope that she managed to keep it up when she returns home. I think her mother is a "feeder" who uses food to keep her daughter at home.

I can't see the pictures but the first one in this thread makes me want to run, not walk, to the gym.

Good for her! She's quite pretty.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

aww, this warms my heart. yay for her for getting in shape! she will never regret it...good health is the best gift you can give yourself.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Well she put it all back on and then some.

Yo-yo diet agony of Britain's fattest teenager: Georgia was 33st at 15, 18st at 16... now she's 40 STONE at 17

By Claire Bates
    Last updated at 4:05 PM on 21st February 2011Britain's fattest teenager, who once lost half her body weight at a U.S. fat camp, has now hit an astonishing 40 stone.
    The distressed 17-year-old said her weight gain depresses her so much that she responds by eating even more.
    Georgia Davis from Aberdare, south Wales, faces an early death unless she takes urgent action to tackle her weight. But Ms Davis says she is struggling to even face up to her problem.

Georgia Davis, from Aberdare, south Wales, when she weighed 34stone. She finds it difficult to face up to the reality of her size

The 5ft 6in teenager said: 'I try not to think about it too much, otherwise I panic and it makes my eating problem worse - but I do know it's serious.'
    HOW MUCH GEORGIA EATS A DAY

BREAKFAST

Two bowls of cornflakes, 2 slices of toast, 2 glasses of coke

LUNCH

Fish & chips (with 2 portions of fish), 4 slices of bread and butter, 2 glasses of coke

EVENING MENU

Spaghetti bolognese with cheese, 1 packet of biscuits

SNACKS

2 snickers

Miss Davis, who covers up her bedroom mirror so she can avoid seeing herself, only manages to get out of the house once a week and regularly eats junk food for lunch.

'Of course people stare, but I don't care what they think any more - I'm used to it,' she told The Sun.
    Just a few years ago the outlook was far brighter for the teenager. In August 2008, a 33st Georgia was told by doctors to 'lose 20 stones or die'.
    Spurred into action, Georgia attended a £3,600-a-month Wellspring diet academy in the UK for nine months, during which time she shrank to 18st and beat her Type 2 diabetes.

She was seen by behavioural coaches, food psychologists and fitness trainers and encouraged to walk 10,000 steps every day.

She returned to the UK in June 2009 to look after her mother Lesley, 55, who has a heart condition.
    At the time the energised student was optimistic about her chances of success and vowed to drop a further seven stone.
    She said:‘I used to look at myself in the mirror and cry. Now I smile and say, “Yeah, I like myself”.
    'I like my face and I like the way my body is shaped. The world is my oyster and I feel I can achieve anything.'
    But today Georgia admitted the omens were not promising when she returned home.
    'When I arrived my mum said she hadn't had time to prepare any healthy food so we had fish and chips instead,' Georgia said.
    'For that moment on, I had a niggling feeling that things weren't going to work out.'
    The teenager appeared on TV show Good Morning America in 2009 after losing 15st - but she has since piled it all back on

Ms Davis said she had enjoyed playing sport in America but that the same facilities weren't available in her home town and she couldn't afford to join the local gym.
    'I soon found I was becoming less mobile, just like before,' she said.
    The youngster has strenuously defended herself from accusations that she is lazy, although she admits her weight gain is her own fault.

She said at the camp she had been in a controlled environment where she consumed 1,500 calories a day. However, at home she felt isolated as neither her family nor her friends were sticking to a healthy eating plan.
    'This is my problem and I know I have to solve it again,' she told The Sun.
    'But I'm only human and I'd be lying if I said I didn't need support.'
    At her slimmest, Georgia had a normal life expectancy of 80 years, but at her current weight she is not expected to live past 20.

Georgia said she wants more help from the NHS, saying her problem is no different from drug or alcohol addiction.
    The troubled teenager said: 'I know I'm probably eating myself to death again but at the moment I can't face up to it.'

Georgia was so delighted with her weight loss in 2009 that she shared her story on GMTV. However, she was unable to keep a healthy regime going

Source: Britain's fattest teenager Georgia Davis is now 40st | Mail Online
    ---------------------------------------------------

and another article:
    Georgia Davis: 40 stone at 17

By SHARON HENDRY
    Published: 21 Feb 2011

DESPERATE Georgia Davis has become Britain's first quarter-of-a-ton teenager – after topping FORTY STONE at just 17.

The Sun first highlighted the youngster's tragic plight 2½ years ago when she was 33st.

Interview ... Sun's Sharon Hendry with Georgia Davis

A US weight-loss camp slimmed her to 18st at 16 – but she has since yo-yoed back up again.
    Georgia told last night how her huge weight gain leaves her so sad that she wants to eat even MORE.
    She now tips the scales at a shocking 40st 6lbs – more than seven stones heavier than when The Sun first revealed her incredible battle of the bulge 2½ years ago.

Big problem ... Georgia Davis with her mum in 2008

Once again facing the prospect of death without dramatic weight loss, Georgia said: "I try not to think about it too much, otherwise I panic and it makes my eating problem worse – but I do know it is serious.
    "I've covered over the mirror in my bedroom, but there is one in the bathroom I have to look into each morning when I wash and brush my teeth and it makes me feel so sad.
    "Sometimes the sadness makes me eat more, but sometimes I just cry."

Proud ... Georgia Davis after she's shed 15st at US camp

Georgia, of Aberdare, South Wales, was declared Britain's fattest teen when we revealed in August 2008 how she weighed 33st at just 15.
    A nine-month stint at Wellspring – a US weight-loss camp – brought her new-found confidence and access to some of the world's leading childhood obesity experts.
    After a rigorous diet and exercise programme, she returned to Wales 15st lighter in June 2009 – ready to realise her dreams of going to college and meeting a boyfriend.

Shock ... teenager now and her weight on scales

But she struggled again after returning home and yesterday had to stand on a weighbridge designed for industrial materials to discover her true size after out-weighing every NHS scale at her local hospital.
    At 566lbs Georgia weighs the same as a Harley-Davidson Sportster 48 motorcycle, 619 tins of baked beans (415g size), 113 standard red house bricks or four super-lightweight boxers like Amir Khan.
    The teenager told how her weight battle took a decisive wrong turn on the very first day she returned home from the Wellspring Academy.
    She said: "I'd been following a programme of healthy eating in the camp where I'd been living in North Carolina, America, and I'd learned to enjoy low-fat foods like salads, bagels, yoghurt and even buffalo meat.
    "I was really looking forward to trying it all out back home but, when I arrived, my mum said she hadn't had time to prepare any healthy food so we had fish and chips instead.
    "From that moment on, I had a niggling feeling that things weren't going to work out."
    Georgia added: "I'd also learned to love exercise in America, using a gym and playing proper sports like tennis and basketball for the first time. But back home, it soon became obvious it wasn't going to be easy.
    "The same facilities weren't available in Aberdare and I couldn't easily afford to join the local gym. I soon found I was becoming much less mobile, just like before."
    Without the full support of her mum Lesley, 55, and stepdad Arthur – and with no long-term follow-up package from Wellspring or the NHS – Georgia's old habits quickly returned.
    She succumbed to the pressures of looking after her heart-patient mum – for whom she has been a registered carer since ten – and soon became a virtual recluse inside the family's cramped two-bed semi.
    Nowadays her only exercise involves aiming darts at a board from a chair placed in the hallway.
    And the strict 1,500-calorie-a-day intake that Wellspring nutritionists prescribed has long been replaced with the old demons of cake, chocs, crisps and endless loaves of bread – washed down with bottles of Coke.

Georgia, now a gigantic size 36, said: "I'm finding getting in and out of bed very difficult at the moment so I usually get up around 10am. I usually just stay in my room and watch TV for an hour or so until I find the will to face the day.
    "Breakfast is usually a bowl or two of cornflakes with two slices of toast and two glasses of Coke.
    "After that, I usually try to help mum around the house, but I get very tired and out of breath quickly at the moment.
    "I'm only managing to get out the house about once a week when I try to go to town on the bus. Of course people stare, but I don't care what they think any more – I'm used to it.
    "We have fish and chips for lunch quite often and usually I eat two portions. Otherwise, it's sandwiches with six slices of bread and crisps.
    "I find snacks harder to resist as the day goes on and I often eat two Snickers bars at a time. At night I eat a main meal, then more biscuits, crisps and chocolates as I get bored.
    "Afterwards, I feel terrible as I know I'm letting myself down, but I don't even care what I look like. I'll just put on any clothes that fit me."
    In addition to her food troubles, Georgia is continuing to smoke – a combination which could cause her Type 2 Diabetes to re-surface.
    Yet despite being back on death row, she blames no one but herself.
    Georgia said: "This is my problem and I know I have to solve it again just like I have in the past.
    "But I'm only human and I'd be lying if I said I didn't need support."
    Georgia Davis is Britain’s first quarter-of-a-ton teen – topping 40st at 17 | The Sun |News

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

A*O

Maybe try Diet Coke for breakfast instead?

It's always somebody else's fault, eh? Apply some fucking self-discipline dammit.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Her mother is jealous and sabotaging her. She needs to get away from that environment before she kills herself.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"read her favourite Twilight novels. She also admires Britney Spears for her "courage and willpower"."Source: The battle to save quarter-ton teen | The Sun |Features

That's it. She's a lost cause.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information