Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Britain's fattest teen weighs 33 stone/462 lbs

A*O

A lot of these mothers over-feed their kids as a way of controlling them. If they are grossly overweight and dependant they won't leave home.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I thought that was bizarre too.

I'm glad she doesn't get gastric bypass surgery though, because she won't change her eating habits and would just become morbidly obese again like Carnie Wilson. She needs some kind of psychological help to break her addiction to food as well, or at least she needs to work very hard to lose the fat so she begins to see that eating so much is not worth the effort it takes to burn the calories and fat off. Then again she should be able to see now that eating that much food isn't worth weighing more than 200 kilos and having developed type 2 diabetes already as a teen. I just don't understand how people can do this to themselves.

I know. If I were to eat everything I felt like eating without any concern for the calories, I don't think I could top more than 4000 calories a day without feeling sick.
    The gastric bypass surgery could buy her some time, though. At that size if she doesn't lose weight quickly, she'll probably die before she sees 20. Lap band isn't extreme enough for that kid.

I never heard of the NHS paying for gym memberships, but that story reeks of being from a red top tabloid and they routinely distort facts. They also love to criticize the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    I was reading this today. Even half that would be a shit-load. I know how hard it is to lose weight and have self control, but really, even four less sandwiches would be a start..
    I feel like a pig because I ate 1883 calories today. I keep a food diary.

My basal metabolism alone will have used that many today, not including all the exercise I did at lunch and running around after work.

That girl is stupid and lazy, and it's mostly her mother's fault. It's child abuse.
    Last edited by Tati; August 2nd, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

Gold Member

That kid has nothing on this woman:

Meet the fattest woman in Texas. - CollegeHumor video

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

“I know it’s partly my fault. But it’s so hard to stop eating.
    No honey. It is your fault. Your mother hasn't helped the situation either!

As for the gym membership - she's too young. Basically I know with the gyms here it's an occupational health and safety issue if someone who is not above the age of 16 injures themselves on the equipment. Some places it's 16, other it's 18. It's basically saying that at 16 or above you are at the age where (within reason) you are liable for the damage you cause unto yourself on the workout machines.

Lets face it. At this stage, she's too fat to work out in a gym. This isn't cruel, but I don't know if the equipment could take over 400 pounds. She'd probably have a coronary anyway. She needs to start changing the way she eats at home and then moving into walking and then I suppose she'd have lost enough weight that's it's feasible she could use a gym adequately.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    That kid has nothing on this woman:

Meet the fattest woman in Texas. - CollegeHumor video

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    I'm stunned.

She says she looks good, she's sexual and if anybody thinks she should look different, they can bite her.

Interesting choice of insults.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    There was a show on Discovery Health, that had four adults featured who ate at least 7,000 calories a day. When showed their food choices, they acted as if they were surprised when they placed ALL the food they ate in a day on the table. It was really disgusting! Potatos, bread, chips, cakes, cookies, sides of beef..you name it, they ate it.

I blame her parents because she is still underage. You can limit her to what she eats, being poor has not a damn thing to do with it. Who can drink all that milk, eat potatos, then all that damn bread without getting sick..
    You'd think that if you were poor, you'd have no extra money for food or at least you'd limit your spending on food, easiest thing to save money on IMO.
    Last edited by moomies; August 2nd, 2008 at 03:20 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I'm stunned.

She says she looks good, she's sexual and if anybody thinks she should look different, they can bite her.

Notice how she is pissy about being judged, but only discusses superficial things herself, like her looks, clothes, etc.

WHAT ABOUT HER HEALTH? She CANNOT EVEN WALK. Can you imagine the strain on her heart? And she basically says she is doing nothing about it. No different than an alcoholic swigging back 3 bottles of vodka a day with a failing liver, or a smoker sucking down 6 packs of ciggies a day who can barely breathe.

She is confined to a wheelchair for Christ's sake, but thinks nothing is wrong. Talk about denial. It has nothing to do with how she looks, everything to do with how she lives, how her body is INSIDE!

There is no way she is 'healthy'

funny how she never mentions any of that. If anyone is going to be biting anything, it will be her biting the dust when she keels over dead from COPD, a heart attack, a CVA, etc.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Well then, according to this woman, you have tunnel vision.

Whatever that means.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    No honey. It is your fault. Your mother hasn't helped the situation either!

As for the gym membership - she's too young. Basically I know with the gyms here it's an occupational health and safety issue if someone who is not above the age of 16 injures themselves on the equipment. Some places it's 16, other it's 18. It's basically saying that at 16 or above you are at the age where (within reason) you are liable for the damage you cause unto yourself on the workout machines.

Lets face it. At this stage, she's too fat to work out in a gym. This isn't cruel, but I don't know if the equipment could take over 400 pounds. She'd probably have a coronary anyway. She needs to start changing the way she eats at home and then moving into walking and then I suppose she'd have lost enough weight that's it's feasible she could use a gym adequately.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I don't know what the weight limits are on the equipment at my gym but I did notice one of the ellipticals was loose and shaky after a really big dude used it. If one came apart when you were going full steam on it you could really hurt yourself...and since they're so close together, someone else.

The good news is there's no weight limit on free weights. It's not cardio, but building lean muscle mass is at least a start. Her mother could ban that junk food and buy some free weights with the money she'd save. I bet you a lot of those weight benches could support a lot of weight too; weightlifters sometimes get north of the 400 lb mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I'm stunned.

Really, very Freudian.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i can't help but feel sorry for her. she must be completely miserable, that's no way to live.
    this story just depresses the hell out of me.
    Same. Stories like this always make me feel quite sad.

I feel sorry for her too. Look at the smile, it doesn't look genuine at all. Eating is probably the only pleasure she gets out of life.

Still, it's beyond my comprehension how anyone can eat that much every single day, unless they've got Prader-Willi Syndrome.

It's amazing that she looks in her late 30s, when she's 15.

I hope they do a follow up if she loses weight because I do wish her well. Not much of a life being so fat you can't walk.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    There was a show on Discovery Health, that had four adults featured who ate at least 7,000 calories a day. When showed their food choices, they acted as if they were surprised when they placed ALL the food they ate in a day on the table. It was really disgusting! Potatos, bread, chips, cakes, cookies, sides of beef..you name it, they ate it.

I blame her parents because she is still underage. You can limit her to what she eats, being poor has not a damn thing to do with it. Who can drink all that milk, eat potatos, then all that damn bread without getting sick..
    I saw that show too, from the U.K. I believe. The striking thing about the foods they ate were all how bland and colorless they were, all fried and processed stuff.

When you look at these morbidly obese people, the reason they got that way is simply because they eat bad foods in excessive quantities.

At least we've progressed to the point these people aren't deluding themselves by claiming 'bad genetics' or 'slow metabolism/thyroid' for their condition.

The 900 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I can't help but feel immense sympathy for her, even though she's done this to herself. She's definately suffering the consequences of her own choices and it may well kill her.
    ^Same. I think partially the reason I can relate to her is because I have suffered eating disorders, (anorexia, bulimia and even binge/comfort eating) although, obviously I never reached such a severe point with it as she has but my highest weight was three years ago I was 195 lbs at 5'6 and I was miserable. But luckily I decided one day that I was going to change that and dropped a quick 25 lbs with seemingly no effort, I just cut out half the junk I ate and bam. Then I got more into it and lost another 10 lbs, then that turned into 20 and so forth.

So my weight's been pretty up and down so I know how miserable it can be from both spectrums (being very overweight and underweight).

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i can't help but feel sorry for her. she must be completely miserable, that's no way to live.
    this story just depresses the hell out of me.
    I know, this story just completely bummed me out...maybe I'm too much of a softie but I'm just a very sympathetic person. No matter with who- drug addicts, overweight people and they do it to themselves, true but they are obviously struggling with serious, underlying issues that need to be addressed.

This reminds me of the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," when the mother (who is exceedingly obese) finally leaves the house for the first time in years and people are just gawking at her very rudely and an old man even whips out his camera to take a picture...it's so incredibly sad...

It just makes me sick and I get so angry at how cruel, heartless and uncaring people can be.

No matter what a person weighs they are still a human being placed here on this earth by God who deserves the same amount of love and respect as anyone else.

Sure, they do this to themselves and can easily fix the problem but in order to make a huge life changing decision like this it always helps to have a support system with you there all the way...and some people probably don't have that.

I really hope this young girl loses the weight and can proceed to live out a normal, happy and healthy remainder of her life.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I've never been obese, but I've been overweight before and it is miserable. I understand how it's not easy to just stop eating so much or eating what you like. You have to reach that point in yourself where your misery with the situation outweighs your desire to eat certain things.

And I get how this could happen to someone. It's like a lot of people who can't just drop that last 5 or 10 or 15. If it were that easy, no one would ever be a pound overweight.

I just feel sorry for her or anyone in her situation.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information