Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Shots Fired @ U.S. Capital

Quote Originally Posted by PeaPrincess View Post
    Wow.
    Oh for Pete's sake. That was a joke. Sput is not even an Amuricun,which made it more amusing to me. She is also non violent and unlike me does not even own a gun.

As far as I see this,you derailed an entire thread because you made a mountian out of this molehill.

Last I checked,freedom of speech was uber important to us. Or at least in Texas.

Scolding anyone here no matter the number of posts is not helpful. This is an international group with wildly varying views. We debate and remain friends.

Lighten up and just have fun. No one is really going to shoot anyone.
    sluce and Novice like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Don't confuse snark and/or bluntness for hostility and you'll do fine here.
    Mel1973 and sluce like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Please tell me where else I have started said shit? I disagree, and in fact, up to this point, have tried to maintain neutral. I would love to see where else I try to start shit on purpose. If I've said something that in fact, did stir the pot, it was unintentional. The only instance I can recall doing it on purpose is way back when Dougie started in on the LA thread and was getting annoying.
    ETA: Oh, you mean when I asked if you calling MrsBTour a "used up little kuntrag" was okay? Just wondering what constitutes being "hostile" toward another poster....

I tried very hard to word my original post in a way to convey my feelings in a non-confrontational way, and quel surprise! Rather than a "discussion" about what I said...I got reamed. I wasn't intentionally being aggro toward Sput at all and don't think my post was harsh or nasty or anything other than, Hey, *my opinion* is that such statements don't make things better. Gee, so I want a good working government, fuck me! Must mean I want to hold hands and sing around the maypole...

And read my post again, I said I'm NOT a victim. A victim doesn't fight back. Just because I'm STANDING UP for myself doesn't mean I like conflict.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    There is no mean girl mentality, and YOU are simply trying to marginalize those who don't comply with your wishes by implying there is. You are playing the victim card, and not very well I may add.
    suuuuuure there isn't....

Please tell me where else I have started said shit? I disagree, and in fact, up to this point, have tried to maintain neutral. I would love to see where else I try to start shit on purpose. If I've said something that in fact, did stir the pot, it was unintentional. The only instance I can recall doing it on purpose is way back when Dougie started in on the LA thread and was getting annoying.

I tried very hard to word my original post in a way to convey my feelings in a non-confrontational way, and quel surprise! Rather than a "discussion" about what I said...I got reamed. I wasn't intentionally being aggro toward Sput at all and don't think my post was harsh or nasty or anything other than, Hey, *my opinion* is that such statements don't make things better. Gee, so I want a good working government, fuck me! Must mean I want to hold hands and sing around the maypole...

And read my post again, I said I'm NOT a victim. A victim doesn't fight back. Just because I'm STANDING UP for myself doesn't mean I like conflict.
    Quoting her post with "WOW" was not intentional? How did that happen?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Quoting her post with "WOW" was not intentional? How did that happen?
    Yes, my apologies. I found it to be a rather shocking thing to say.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Yes, yes, you are so much more intelligent and funny and non-judgemental than those of us that have a mere 500 posts.
    definitely funnier and more intelligent but i don't think we've ever claimed to be non-judgemental
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake. That was a joke. Sput is not even an Amuricun,which made it more amusing to me. She is also non violent and unlike me does not even own a gun.

As far as I see this,you derailed an entire thread because you made a mountian out of this molehill.

Last I checked,freedom of speech was uber important to us. Or at least in Texas.

Scolding anyone here no matter the number of posts is not helpful. This is an international group with wildly varying views. We debate and remain friends.

Lighten up and just have fun. No one is really going to shoot anyone.
    gosh, I wish I could vouch this for you but I don't want to make a liar of myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Don't confuse snark and/or bluntness for hostility and you'll do fine here.
    THIS, I can vouch. it needs to be a sticky
    ETA: Oh, you mean when I asked if you calling MrsBTour a "used up little kuntrag" was okay? Just wondering what constitutes being "hostile" toward another poster....

A. MrsB wasn't a "poster/member" when I said that, so it was ok.
    B. This has NOT been a reaming, I know a reaming when I see one. Just laugh it off and move on.
    Yes, my apologies. I found it to be a rather shocking thing to say.
    gurl, you're in for a bumpy ride if that shocked you...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

OMG knock it off, it's upsetting to read people advocating to line people up and execute them. It's just a bit of dark humor of course but when it's so casually thrown around in the midst of people really freaking out it's a little off putting. I don't think PrincessPea was trying to dog anyone, just felt a little weird about the statement.

Sputnik was careful to say "Tea party Republicans" and not just one side of the group. We can't deny that they are basically holding Americans hostage with their paychecks at the moment, just because they didn't get their way with Obamacare. It's a law now and they are manipulating the budget and causing distress to many working class Americans just to throw a snit fit. Lining them up and executing them for this would be fair since they are basically committing treason.
    McJag and Bluebonnet like this.

PeaPrincess, part of what we do here is snark and disagree with people. Remember that if you make a snarky comment on another poster's comment, you're going to get called out on it. Especially if it's just a one word comment.

Don't worry about it and move on.
    PeaPrincess, McJag, ribbit and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    PeaPrincess, part of what we do here is snark and disagree with people. Remember that if you make a snarky comment on another poster's comment, you're going to get called out on it. Especially if it's just a one word comment.

Don't worry about it and move on.
    this.
    yeah, we dish it out but we can also take it and as long as you do the same, you'll do fine here.
    PeaPrincess likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Woman in DC chase may have thought Obama was stalking her, sources say

Courtesy Dr. Barry Weiss
    Miriam Carey, the woman authorities say rammed her car into the White House gates and led police on a chase before she was shot and killed.

By Pete Williams and Erin McClam, NBC News
    The woman who led authorities on a chase from the White House to the Capitol before she was killed by police may have thought that President Barack Obama was stalking her, law enforcement sources told NBC News.
    The sources said that the woman, Miriam Carey, had a history of mental health problems.
    The chase, on Thursday afternoon, stirred panic in the capital and briefly stopped the mechanisms of government. It happened two weeks after a man shot 12 people to death at the Washington Navy Yard.
    Members of the House and Senate, in a standoff over the government shutdown, were ordered to stay in place. One lawmaker was cut off mid-sentence during a speech. A swarm of police startled tourists who were taking in Washington on a summery day.

Carey, 34, was a dental hygienist living in Stamford, Conn. Details of her background began to emerge in the hours after the episode.
    Dr. Barry Weiss, a dentist, told NBC Connecticut that Carey was working for him in January 2012 when she suffered a fall and missed two to three weeks. He said that she appeared increasingly stressed after an unplanned pregnancy. Relatives have said that she may have suffered postpartum depression.
    Weiss said that he fired her in August 2012 after patients complained that she was too rough.
    Carey was driving a black Infiniti sedan when, just after 2 p.m. ET, she struck a security fence outside the White House. She took off after hitting a Secret Service officer with her car.
    From there, police said, she sped up Pennsylvania Avenue toward the Capitol, reaching 80 mph at one point. Police and the Secret Service stopped her at the foot of the Capitol, but she jammed the car into reverse and took off again as police opened fire.
    Carey led police on a chase around the perimeter of the Capitol and crashed her car outside a Senate office building a few minutes later, police said. The police shot at her, and she died a short time later. The chase was captured on video.
    A Capitol police officer was hurt as he was speeding to confront her and hit a barrier that popped up in the street. The two injured officers were exempt from the government shutdown and required to work but were not being paid.
    Carey had an 18-month-old child, believed to be her daughter, in the car, authorities said. The girl was taken to a hospital and found to be unharmed. She was in the protection of social services Friday.
    Katy Tur of NBC News contributed to this report.
    Slideshow: Capitol car chase puts DC on edge

Mark Wilson / Getty Images
    The U.S. Capitol was placed on lockdown following a car chase involving a woman who attempted to ram a security fence at the White House.

Woman in DC chase may have thought Obama was stalking her, sources say - U.S. News
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Oh, you mean when I asked if you calling MrsBTour a "used up little kuntrag" was okay? Just wondering what constitutes being "hostile" toward another poster....
    I will explain this once: people can say whatever they damn well please about a member who has been perma-banned. They are no longer a member at that point and are not subject to any protection under board rules.
    sluce, McJag, Trixie and 1 others like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I will explain this once: people can say whatever they damn well please about a member who has been perma-banned. They are no longer a member at that point and are not subject to any protection under board rules.
    How do other posters know when someone has been perma banned? I had no idea, so I really am curious.

It says "hit by the ban bas" under their user name?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information