Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Brain-Dead Woman Forced to Stay on Life Support Because She’s Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I've read comments on articles with people suggesting that he's acting out of greed and selfishness because he doesn't want the responsibility of raising a disabled child without even trying to comprehend the joy they can bring to your life.
    Ok, but that is not what he chose. This is being forced upon him. Some people have no clue.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Ok, but that is not what he chose. This is being forced upon him. Some people have no clue.

But what about the baybeeez? That's all these people care about. They don't care about his wife, they don't care about her family or him or their older child or what this is doing to them all, no, all they care about is that a malformed fetus with very little chance of survival to or past birth or experiencing anything approaching an acceptable quality of life is kept alive inside a dead woman and to hell with reason, decency and dignity.
    HWBL and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    But what about the baybeeez? That's all these people care about. They don't care about his wife, they don't care about her family or him or their older child or what this is doing to them all, no, all they care about is that a malformed fetus with very little chance of survival to or past birth or experiencing anything approaching an acceptable quality of life is kept alive inside a dead woman and to hell with reason, decency and dignity.
    They truly do not care about the baby either. I can more so understand if this started when she was nearly to term, but it didn't. So fucked up.

This is so fucked up. That poor family.

Reading about that baby is heartbreaking. This "save the babeeees" is just mindless and cruel.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Those people always see women as brain-dead incubators. This is just an extreme case.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; January 24th, 2014 at 07:14 AM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Just read they go to court tomorrow. I pray the court does the right thing and let's her go.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Abortion horrified me after I had my own kids. However, my problem with these fetus protection type laws is that their intent isn't to save babies but rather to control and own women. From turning us into incubators against our wishes, violating our fundamental human right to accept or decline any medical treatment, to dictating where and how we will give birth.

And I agree with others in that this is in no way abortion. The mother died months ago and the baby should've too. But other people decided to play God and now we have a grieving family being faced with the reality of possibly having to care for a profoundly disabled child who would've died naturally and peacefully had they respected this family's wishes.
    stef likes this.

The Judge is hearing arguments now. The doctors have submitted proof that the baby is very abnormal. So much so they cannot tell if it is male or female. That baby never had a chance. I can see if the mother was almost due-yes,then try. But she was 14 weeks at her death. I hope this judge lets them put her to rest. That family has suffered enough.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

The right decision. Finally. I am so relieved yet saddened for her family.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

We hope. JPS Hospital is meeting with the DA's office now to see if they will appeal. The Judge repeated this was all a moot point as everyone agrees she is dead.
    I was glad to see a survey on our NBC local station. 94% of Texas watchers agree with the Judge's decision. Only 4% disagreed. Surely the DA's office will let this stay.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thank goodness, the family can now get on with their own lives too. And yes, I'm sad for them as well.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I just read about the judge's decision and came here to post it. Finally, some sanity.

Finally! Fucking, finally! So sorry for the family having to go through this gruesome ordeal.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information