Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bomb rocks government offices in Oslo, Norway: two said dead

Hmmm, the comment from the high school friend makes me wonder if he had some sort of psychotic break?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Elite Member

Even though he no doubt deserves to die, it's good they took him alive so hopefully they can study his fucked up thinking.

I feel so bad for Norway, such a peaceful country. Sadly we are somewhat accustomed to this in the US.

A*O

Norway doesn't have the death penalty and the maximum prison sentence is 21 years so they have a problem....
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Norway doesn't have the death penalty and the maximum prison sentence is 21 years so they have a problem....
    21 years max? That's just insane. How would you ever get closure when you know that f*ing killer would be out of prison in 21 years?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Whoa! That was short sighted or maybe just optimistic. That law will get changed, no doubt. They cannot unleash a mass murderer back into society.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Scandinavia has always been very liberal (naive?) about law and order issues. So far they could afford to be because this kind of crime just didn't happen there. Apart from a few nutters it's a very peaceful, law abiding society. I guess the only way to keep this guy locked up indefinitely is to declare him insane and make sure he keeps that label forever. Even if he's not mad the nature of this crime makes it easy to paint him that way for convenience if necessary. More likely he will be killed in jail.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

The new info coming out about Breivik....wow. He is a batshit crazy megalomaniac. Many serial killers and mass murderers don't seem personally frightening to me, in the sense that they are often moronic schlubs and jerks who evade capture largely through luck (e.g. Gary Ridgway.) Breivik's intelligence and his terrifying, epic delusions remind me of Hitler. He's a stone cold monster.

This is the video he put up on YouTube a few hours before the attacks. If this stops working and you want to see it search for "Anders Breivik" and "Knights Templar".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_7OCgHhaw&has_verified=1&skipcontrinter=1[/youtube]

Anders Behring Breivik posted YouTube video six hours before Norway terror attacks | Mail Online

Massacre gunman posted YouTube video calling followers to 'embrace martyrdom' six hours before attacks
    • Sent 12-minute YouTube video to 7,000 Facebook friends
    • In document with video details plans for devastating terror attacks
    • Writes that he will 'dress up as a police officer' as it will 'be awesome as people will be astonished'
    • 'There are situations where cruelty is necessary' and 'it is better to kill too many people than not enough', he writes
    • Describes himself as 'quite tolerant on most issues' and claims 'I am not in fact a racist and have never been'
    • Tells readers it is sometimes necessary to wear make-up to look your best
    By John Stevens

Last updated at 2:22 AM on 24th July 2011
    The man who reportedly shot dead at least 85 people at a youth camp and killed another seven with a car bomb in the Norwegian capital of Oslo, released a YouTube video calling for conservatives to 'embrace martyrdom' six hours before the attacks, it has emerged.

Anders Behring Breivik posted the video promoting a fight against Islam, which shows pictures of him wearing a wetsuit and pointing an automatic weapon, hours before he set out on the devastating killing spree.
    In a text with the video he detailed his plans for the attacks, writing that he would 'dress up as a police officer', adding that it would 'be awesome as people will be astonished'.

In the disturbing 1500-page dossier, he wrote that 'there are situations where cruelty is necessary' and that it is better to kill too many than not enough'.

Police sources told Norwegian media that Breivik had confessed to posting the video setting out his extremist views before the attacks.
    The 12-minute video, called 'Knights Templar 2083', also reportedly appeared on Breivik's now-closed Facebook page.
    In the accompanying document, which he set out as a manifesto for 'conservative revolution', he described how to make bombs from fertilisers and how to receive them in large quantities by setting up an agricultural company.
    The author said that he had sent the text and YouTube video in which he attacked multiculturalism and Muslim immigration to his '7,000 patriotic Facebook friends'.

In the text, titled 'A European Declaration of Independence', he wrote how he wanted to rid Europe of Islam and Marxism.
    'There are situations in which cruelty is necessary, and refusing to apply necessary cruelty is a betrayal of the people whom you wish to protect,' he wrote.
    'The preferred method is to attack in a violent and deceptive form (shock attack).

'It is better to kill too many than not enough, or you risk reducing the desired ideological impact of the strike,' he added.
    'Do not apologise, make excuses or express regret for you are acting in self-defence or in a preemptive manner.'

Writing under the name Andrew Berwick, an anglicised version of his name, the suspect said that it had taken him nine years and cost 300,000 euros to write the manifesto.
    He said: 'The first drop of rain marks the coming of a great and unstoppable cultural conservative tidal wave. The tidal wave will cleanse Western Europe of cultural Marxism and will result in the banishment of Islam for the third time.

'The European tree of liberty will be refreshed by the blood of our patriots and of the Marxist tyrrants. This civil war will last several decades but we will succeed.

'Never forget that we fight so that you and your children can remain free. For a future Europe safe from the tyrany of cultural-Marxism and of Islam. A Europe worth dying for.'
    Breivik said that he wanted to see Europe more similar to countries such as Japan and South Korea, which he said are 'not far from cultural conservatism and nationalism at its best#.

He declared: 'Celebrate us, the martyrs of the conservative revolution, for we will soon dine in the Kingdom of Heaven.'

Last night the YouTube video posted under the name 'AndrewBerwick' was taken down from the site because 'its content violated YouTube's terms of service'.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Classic nut case. Just nuts.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Scandinavia has always been very liberal (naive?) about law and order issues. So far they could afford to be because this kind of crime just didn't happen there. Apart from a few nutters it's a very peaceful, law abiding society. I guess the only way to keep this guy locked up indefinitely is to declare him insane and make sure he keeps that label forever. Even if he's not mad the nature of this crime makes it easy to paint him that way for convenience if necessary. More likely he will be killed in jail.
    Someone on another forum has said that is what they have done before with some incurable monster types(like child rapists, etc). Maybe someone with more info about Norway could confirm or deny this.

No doubt the laws will change there(and the way they deal with/are prepared for this kind of sick attack). 90 minutes to take him down is just way too long of a time. And you are of course right in that they have not had to deal with this so of course they would not be as prepared...really awful.

It seems like eventually every 'nice quiet peaceful nation' has this kind of wake up call nowadays.

Personally I am pulling for the 'killed in prison' option.

Then make it 21 years for each life he took.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

'martyrs'

He keeps using that word. I do not believe it means what he thinks it means.

Sickening.
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Looking back I can't remember any attack on innocent people that sneaky.

First the car bomb and then pretending to be a security guy and starting to shoot, hunt, chase teenager on a small iceland with no possibilty to escape....These killed kids had no chance.

I don't know how these monsters create their
    perfidious plans - but it's always the bright intelligent freaks which lose their empathies for others.

This coward did not even shoot himself which tells me he is a robot. There is nothing human left in him.

Get him killed in the most ugly way. I am sure there will be someone taking self-administered justice anyway.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

I don't remember the knights templar ever pretending to help someone and then killing them instead. How noble.
    Do it anyway

I'm pretty sure Norway must have some way of keeping someone past the 21 years. Like the Dangerous Offender designation in Canada that allows for indefinite imprisonment.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I have a Norwegian gaming buddy that I've known for a few years now and although I haven't spoken to him much since this happened I was left with the impression from him that there are legal ways and means for this guy never to see freedom ever again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information