Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 'Bloodied' Kent State sweatshirt removed from Urban Outfitters website

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    Lame publicity stunt. I have equal amount of hate for urban outfitters, hollister/Abercrombie, and anthropologie. They all run together into the same company in my mind. I don't think anthropologie pulls stunts like this, they're just ungodly expensive for the quality so that's why they remind me of UO and Abercrombie.
    Abercrombie and their shitty music thumping and the cologne sprayed in the air ducts make me want to vomit. The whole wing of our mall smells like that shit. I have a "get off my lawn" moment every time I walk by that place.
    sputnik, Kittylady and deenz like this.

I do enjoy the wall sized pictures of the guys abs that Abercrombie & American Eagle use in their decor...lol And I agree that both stores (and Hollister) use WAY to much cologne in the air at these stores. Every time I take my girls in there, I have a damn sneezing/allergy attack...let alone what that place does to my wallet.

Re my earlier post, what I meant was that since it appears this sweatshirt was not a mass-produced item, but one of a kind, whoever originally made it (crafty project?) knew the implications, but whoever at UO decided to offer it for sale probably did not know.

Anyhow could you imagine walking down the street in this shirt?
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Zombie walk season is coming up. It was a bit pricy though.
    KrisNine and gas_chick like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Re my earlier post, what I meant was that since it appears this sweatshirt was not a mass-produced item, but one of a kind, whoever originally made it (crafty project?) knew the implications, but whoever at UO decided to offer it for sale probably did not know.

Anyhow could you imagine walking down the street in this shirt?
    That's totally the creepy part to me. That this was apparently a one-of-a-kind item...but what kind? If not original--the colors are wrong, etc.--then a vintage white one altered to look bloody?

ETA: UO is the assholey parent company of Anthropologie. I like Anthro's (often India-made) products but they should be half the price. Basically they're Cost Plus with a swollen ego. Plus the company owner is by all accounts a toxic right-winger so I sadly avoid purchasing new from them.

I don't think Abercrombie has anything to do with UO corporate-wise. And talk about the sad degradation of a once proper company. The founders of Abercrombie and Fitch would probably be very depressed.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

It seems to be the thing these days to produce something offensive and then act innocent when called out on it. A Filipino chain has just had to pull one of their t-shirts after it went viral and caused outrage.

Full story at link but basically they are blaming their supplier.

SM Supermalls' 'It's Not Rape- It's A Snuggle With A Struggle' T-Shirt sparks outrage | Daily Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^I hope that's a fucking joke! I can't believe anyone would manufacture, carry, and wear something like that.

Snuggle with a struggle? *Vomit*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information