Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Beating Canadian Geese??

Not sure what type of geese we get, but they are some mean motherfuckers. They make pit stops here in the mojave and LOVE to hang out on the runway at the Naval base here. They love it here.

Elite Member

Interesting tidbit on Indiana's treatment, of these spawns of Satan. Indiana is a pro-life state, and firmly believes that life begins, at the moment of conception. This theory however, does not include Canadian Geese. Here in Indiana, Canadian Geese's nests, are fair game, as long as it's eggs only. If one happens across a nest, that is full of unhatched eggs, you are legally allowed, to destroy the entire nest of eggs, fetal geese be damned.
    BITTER and Lobelia like this.

I know there's stiff competition, but this might be one of my favorite threads.

Geese are mean fuckers! I'm 34 and still like to run towards them, then scream and run like hell when the chase me.

/vicodanrant

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Interesting tidbit on Indiana's treatment, of these spawns of Satan. Indiana is a pro-life state, and firmly believes that life begins, at the moment of conception. This theory however, does not include Canadian Geese. Here in Indiana, Canadian Geese's nests, are fair game, as long as it's eggs only. If one happens across a nest, that is full of unhatched eggs, you are legally allowed, to destroy the entire nest of eggs, fetal geese be damned.
    Not surprised. The most rabid pro-lifers here in TX are usually the ones blowing wildlife away on the weekends. As for geese, they're still not as mean as humans. And I love it when they invade country club golf courses and pinch and chase the rich mofo's.
    cherrypye likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Geese are cute. On a serving platter.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I hate these little beasts. They try their best to bring our planes down.

Not sure what type of geese these are, but they take over our little town when they migrate south. It gets so bad that sometimes the kids can't play in the parks out here because these bastards will chase the kids. They are hell on the runway out here at NAWS China Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    When I was growing up, there were ducks all over the local lakes. They were fun to watch & feed. It's rare to see a duck now but mobs of asshole geese are everywhere. They are shit factories. If they choose your yard as a hangout, good luck running them off. They're rude, mean and have an extraordinary sense of entitlement.

Canadian geese infest Lake Merritt in Oakland, near where I used to live. People try to walk or jog around the lake, and at certain times of year particularly, the male geese are super-aggressive and tend to attack. At night, I could hear them from my apartment screaming geese cuss words at each other and fighting, sometimes till daybreak. Despite many complaints, nobody official ever did a thing. People talk about how Oakland has gang problems but they don't realize there's more than one species involved.

I recently visited friends in rural Oregon for a few weeks. Every evening I'd take a walk down the gravel road where they live. I noticed one home had a pack of large geese patrolling their fenced front yard area. One time, I saw the homeowner out puttering about and asked him about them, because my friends lost a cat and a dachshund to the local coyotes before they learned to bring every single critter in by twilight, without exception. The homeowner said his "watch geese" have never had any problems with coyotes. "I think the coyotes are scared of 'em" was how he put it.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information