Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Beating Canadian Geese??

Zee

Default Re: Beating Canadian Geese??

I live in a rural area. The local cornfields look like ocean waves with all of the geese moving about.

They chase my car, my kids and my horses defending their territory, which is my yard.

When the geese drop pin feathers, they stand in the middle of the road and challenge the cars. I hate these damn geese.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Default Re: Beating Canadian Geese??

On our farm in Alberta we have a big marshland area. We have geese and ducks and pheasants and even swans as well as a myriad of other critters. They are more then welcome there, in fact we have allowed Ducks Unlimited to be involved in the management of it.

For you guys that don't know what Ducks Unlimited is, or what they do, here is the link to the Canadian site.

I 100% support responsible management of our resources and wildlife.

Ducks Unlimited
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Dear Canada,

Please come get your fucking geese.

Love ya, mean it

America
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

What an odd thread

I hate geese that aren't on a plate. I was once chased by a bastard of a goose when I was doing sprints outside by a pond. The thing was HUGE, angry, and generally terrifying. It certainly helped my speed though.

I love these crazy fuckers!! There's a family in the artificial lake by my house. Mom, dad and five babies. So cute. The babies are as big as the mom and dad now.

I'm a sucker for any animal.
    sputnik likes this.

Nah, geese are mean bastards. I still haven't gotten over one biting me as a child.

I living where we do there is water and marshes and rivers and ponds everywhere and those assholes are everywhere and shit everywhere . There are parks you can't walk anywhere because there is goose shit all over the place and they try to attack you when you are just walking around trying to enjoy the outdoors . I'm not heartless person but they really need to have some control on there population on the Great Lakes area

Isn't that when hunting is encouraged? When populations are overrun? Sounds like a public health issue with all the poop everywhere.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I love these crazy fuckers!! There's a family in the artificial lake by my house. Mom, dad and five babies. So cute. The babies are as big as the mom and dad now.

I'm a sucker for any animal.
    Just you wait until their numbers have grown some more... There's a reason why geese have been used to guard things throughout history and that's because they can be vicious bastards with a mob mentality. I suggest that you start learning some good recipes for goose now as when they have a couple more clutches hatched and grown you'll be dreaming of roast goose.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Geese are some nasty fuckers. The grounds at my job were overrun at one point, along with the surrounding area. My job brought in a company called "Geese Police" that lay down some type of repellant the geese won''t eat due to taste. They were smart enough to find some untreated areas, though most of the population has moved on a few blocks down to an area that is wetland and protected by NYS law.
    cherrypye and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Nah, geese are mean bastards. I still haven't gotten over one biting me as a child.

^^This!!! My grandparents had several on their farm, and my cousins and I were attacked A LOT over the years. We use to shoot corncobs at them, with slingshots!!! Fuckers!
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Isn't that when hunting is encouraged? When populations are overrun? Sounds like a public health issue with all the poop everywhere.
    They are a protected species here , I don't think you can legally hunt then and I'm pretty sure the Gaint Canandain goose is an invasive species too which makes it even stupider

When I was growing up, there were ducks all over the local lakes. They were fun to watch & feed. It's rare to see a duck now but mobs of asshole geese are everywhere. They are shit factories. If they choose your yard as a hangout, good luck running them off. They're rude, mean and have an extraordinary sense of entitlement.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    When I was growing up, there were ducks all over the local lakes. They were fun to watch & feed. It's rare to see a duck now but mobs of asshole geese are everywhere. They are shit factories. If they choose your yard as a hangout, good luck running them off. They're rude, mean and have an extraordinary sense of entitlement.
    Sounds like members of my family.
    Lobelia, Kittylady, Jazzy and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    They are a protected species here , I don't think you can legally hunt then and I'm pretty sure the Gaint Canandain goose is an invasive species too which makes it even stupider
    I always thought it was illegal to hunt them in Ontario (and maybe it was; I'm not going to look it up, I've had more than a few drinks), but our neighbours here served us some very nice Canadian Goose breast and it was delicious. Perhaps in New Brunswick they recognize them for the massive dicks that they are.
    cherrypye likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information