Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Another Anti-gay Theocrat EXPOSED as a Hypocrite in Baptist Church...

Interesting clip in this one of Eddie Long screaming about how "YOU WERE NOT BORN THIS WAY! YOU CAN BE CONVERTED!!!"

[YOUTUBE]HiGknNn1W-o[/YOUTUBE]
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^Oh My God! Go to work, go to work, go to work, go to work, go to work!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    The problem is that religious texts are read as truth/fact rather than mythology, which is what all of it really is. There might be some true messages hidden in there, but c'mon, just come the fuck on. So this fire and brimstone fear-based faith bullshit really pisses me off. And then you add all the hypocrisy on top of it, and just... ugh. No.
    I remember when my parents let us stay up Easter Sunday to watch The Ten Commandments for the first time, and when the scene where Moses "parted" the Red Sea, my mother said, "See how COOL God is? Don't tell me God ain't bad! Look at what he can do!". Many years later, working at my managed services firm, I was discussing the film with a co-worker, whom I found out, was married to a Promise Keeper . She pretty much said, "the movie shows you how AWESOME our LORD is....". And I wanted to say, "That wasn't God, it was Cecil B. DeMille, and the special effects weren't even that good!".
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It's totally mental enslavement; I agree with your brother. Christianity was used as a tool to keep us oppressed and brainwashed in the US. I reject the idea of God as defined by Western standards. I believe in a higher power, but to me, the Bible is a bunch of fairy tales and fables. And majorly contradictory.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    The problem is that religious texts are read as truth/fact rather than mythology, which is what all of it really is. There might be some true messages hidden in there, but c'mon, just come the fuck on. So this fire and brimstone fear-based faith bullshit really pisses me off. And then you add all the hypocrisy on top of it, and just... ugh. No.
    I remember when my parents let us stay up Easter Sunday to watch The Ten Commandments for the first time, and when the scene where Moses "parted" the Red Sea, my mother said, "See how COOL God is? Don't tell me God ain't bad! Look at what he can do!". Many years later, working at my managed services firm, I was discussing the film with a co-worker, whom I found out, was married to a Promise Keeper . She pretty much said, "the movie shows you how AWESOME our LORD is....". And I wanted to say, "That wasn't God, it was Cecil B. DeMille, and the special effects weren't even that good!".

I2I. I think because of the fact that I was not raised in a Pentacostal/Baptist environment, I never took the bible literally nor did I believe it was infallible. People can never really answer why things contradict each other so much, or get angry for me daring to "question God." I really haven't been going to any church lately, and I can't say I really miss it either. I do pray, but the traditional way of doing things isn't something that I see myself going back to. But I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

OMG, LMAO, someone made .gif's of the video. I am dying laughing (and figuring out how to use these).

DAP

LOL, apparently he plans on building some satellite churches.

When it rains, it pours:

Bishop Eddie Long's wife files for divorce *| ajc.com

Vanessa and Eddie Long, the beleaguered pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, have been married for more than two decades.

By Fran Jeffries
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Vanessa Long, the wife of beleaguered megachurch pastor Bishop Eddie Long, has filed for divorce, it was announced Friday.

"After a great deal of deliberation and prayer, I have decided to terminate my marriage to Bishop Eddie L. Long. Accordingly, I authorized my attorneys to file for divorce on December 1, 2011," Vanessa Long said in a statement.

Last fall, four young men accused Eddie Long, senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, of coercing them into having sex. Their lawsuits were settled in May, then dismissed.

Also in Vanessa Long's statement: "It is my sincere hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously, and fairly. I ask that you respect my privacy and that of my family, as my attorneys and I have agreed that we will not try this case in the media, and I do not intend to make any further statements concerning this matter."

Long married Vanessa Griffin in 1990. They have three children together Edward, Jared and Taylor.

The lawsuit dismissals, first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, prevent the four defendants from suing Long again for the same alleged offense.

The accusations made against Long by Anthony Flagg, Spencer LeGrande, Jamal Parris and Maurice Robinson alleged that the bishop used his influence, trips, gifts and jobs to coerce them into sexual relations.

Long denied the men's allegations through a spokesman shortly after they first became public in September and told his congregation he planned to "vigorously" fight them.

Please check back for updates.

ETA: This heffa has already withdrawn her petition. Just as I was getting to really revel in Eddie Long's misery, she pulls this?

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news...20111202-pm-sd

ATLANTA - Less than a day after Vanessa Long filed for divorce from Bishop Eddie Long, she's changed her mind.

FOX 5 News received a statement from Vanessa Long that states "upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long. I love my husband. I believe in my him and admire his strength, and courage. My filing followed years of attacks in the media that frustrated and overwhelmed me. I love my family and church family, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Therefore, my husband and I have mutually agreed to find healing from these attacks."

Vanessa Long filed the divorce papers at a DeKalb County courthouse late on Thursday.

Eddie and Vanessa Long have been married for 21 years and have three children.

Bishop Long is the pastor at Lithonia's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church and recently settled lawsuits involving allegations of sexual misconduct involving young men in his congregation.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; December 2nd, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Guess she got tired of that poop chute sex.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Guess she got tired of that poop chute sex.
    She must've not been that tired because her announcement withdrawing the divorce papers came only 3 hours after the first press release (announcing the divorce) came out this morning. I edited my entry above with the second release. The news reports here claim that Vanessa and Eddie were "up all night" discussing this, but I think he ordered his goons to make a few phone calls this morning.

They probably have too many secrets on each other and she has a lot to lose if the divorce proceedings came to fruition - there's no telling what sort of financial hijinks she got into being married to this fool or what sort of tax loopholes she may have unwittingly been a part of. He has the money to hire powerful attorneys to screw her over in court in terms of spousal support.

Vanessa may also be too accustomed to the lifestyle and perks she has as a first lady of the church, diminished numbers and all. What sort of educational background and job skills does she have? She may think she cannot survive without him. She could go the motivational speaker/author route, but does she herself know that. Or has Eddie Long convinced her over the years she's nothing without him - I bet Eddie probably has Vanessa and his kids mindfucked all kind of ways. He was able to pimp and bamboozle 25,000 people into believing his drivel for years, so dealing with his wife is child's play in comparison. As the son of a hypocritical pastor and the mind games he played with us over the years, I know game and bullshit when I see it.

Well I stand corrected, Vanessa Long was not behind that stupid ass second press release as previously thought. That was New Birth and their doing - the PDF (which can be seen here of the release has the New Birth Logo on it. Eddie Long and his cult have sunk to an all time low with their lies and deceit.

Vanessa Long had to release another statement clarifying that she did NOT rescind the divorce decree:

Bishop Eddie Long's wife decides again to seek divorce *| ajc.com

Bishop Eddie Long's wife changes her mind again on divorce petition

By Christian Boone and Fran Jeffries

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The divorce petition of Vanessa Long against her husband of 21 years, New Birth Missionary Baptist pastor Bishop Eddie Long, is back on, her lawyers announced Friday night.

Vanessa and Eddie Long, the beleaguered pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, have been married for more than two decades.

John Amis, AP Vanessa and Eddie Long, the beleaguered pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, have been married for more than two decades.

"Consistent with her original made this morning, Mrs. Long continues to hope that this matter may be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously and fairly; however, she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time," Kilpatrick Townsend partner Michael W. Tyler said in a prepared statement.

"To avoid any undue confusion, Mrs. Long's future statements, if any, will be issued through her attorneys only," Tyler said.

Both Tyler in the statement and John Page, spokesman for the Atlanta-based law firm contacted by phone Friday night, said there would be no further comment on the matter.
    So Eddie Long was still trying to control the situation and play his mind games by sending out a fake press release full of lies and fake pretenses and he was called out on it. I'm glad her attorneys nipped that shit in the bud with the quickness. Checkmate.

I can't stand organized religion. Truth.

And BOOM goes the dynamite:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/05/us...preaching.html

Charismatic Church Leader, Dogged by Scandal, to Stop Preaching for Now
    By KIM SEVERSON and ROBBIE BROWN

Published: December 4, 2011

LITHONIA, Ga. — At the height of his power, Bishop Eddie L. Long would pack tens of thousands of people into his megachurch in the suburbs of Atlanta.

With his well-cut suits, passion for Bentleys, and dynamic, accessible style of preaching, he quickly climbed the list of the nation’s most powerful religious leaders.

He built his ministry, which stretches to Kenya and other countries, on a strong message of conservative Christianity that included promises of prosperity and attacks on homosexuality.

But life inside Bishop Long’s home had been crumbling. And on Sunday, members of his dwindling congregation heard news they had been bracing for.

Their charismatic bishop, who in May settled with five young men who accused him of sexual coercion and who has fought a series of other legal battles, said he was temporarily stepping away from the pulpit to try to save his marriage.

The announcement came after his wife, Vanessa Long, 53, filed for divorce Thursday. Friday, she recanted after “prayerful reflection” but later in the day changed her mind and said she did intend to end their marriage of 21 years. They have four children.

“Vanessa and I are working together in seeking God’s will in our current circumstances,” Bishop Long, 58, said in a statement issued by the church, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church.

During services on Sunday, he told congregants that he was still their senior pastor and would continue to provide spiritual direction, but that he needed time to take care of “some family business.” Members attending services pledged support and said they would stay until his return.

“He needs to be with his family,” said Marilyn Arnold, a business manager. “It’s hard on his family. When he comes back, we’ll be here.”

But not everyone remains a believer. Valencia Miller, a property manager in Lithonia, said she left the church after the young men who accused the bishop of sexual impropriety came forward.

“A lot of us left. I mean, a lot,” she said in an interview Sunday.

Like others, she hopes that Bishop Long turns this temporary break into a permanent one.

“The church needs a cleansing,” she said. “I’m real disappointed. He was a man we all looked up to.”

Bishop Long took over the congregation in 1987 when it had a few hundred members. He built a following of 25,000, according to the church’s Web site, and reached millions more on TV.

Just after Easter, Bishop Long settled a lawsuit in which young men claimed that the pastor offered gifts, trips, and emotional and spiritual guidance that eventually led to sexual relations. One of the young men, Maurice Robinson, said in court records that his relationship with Bishop Long began when he was 15 and that on a trip to New Zealand the two engaged in sexual acts.

Bishop Long initially vowed to fight the charges, proclaiming his innocence and comparing himself to David who fought Goliath.

“I have five rocks and I haven’t thrown one yet,” he said when the charges were revealed.

Details of the settlement were to be kept secret, but people with knowledge of the case have put it at several million dollars paid over a period of years.

Some of the men have since spoken out, so lawyers for the church have tried to get part of the money returned, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

There have been other legal battles. Ten former members who attended church investment seminars are suing him, claiming he coerced them into investment deals that cost them their retirement savings. He recently reached a settlement in a lawsuit over a $2 million bank loan, much of which went unpaid after a real estate deal that went bad.

In 2007, Bishop Long was one of a half-dozen ministers whose tax-exempt status was investigated by a Senate committee.

Support for Bishop Long continues to shrink. Just before the sexual coercion settlement was announced, the Rev. Bernice King, the youngest daughter of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., left the church.

On Sunday, a small group of antigay, religious protesters stood outside the church urging Bishop Long to step down permanently. They said they planned to return every month until he left.

“He has a serious moral character flaw,” said Isaac Richmond, 73, the minister at the Church of Human Development in Memphis. “It’s a moral question and he’s a religious figure. We don’t want that image as a role model for young men in the African-American community.”

The Rev. Timothy McDonald, a Baptist minister in Atlanta and chairman of the group African-American Ministers in Action, said that attendance at the church had dropped to 4,000 from about 8,000 at one point this year. Still, he said, it remains a powerful force. “Even on his bad days, if he gets 4,000 or 5,000, he’s still larger than 94 or 95 percent of most churches,” he said.

Frank Cook, a contract administrator who has been a member for 20 years, is not going anywhere. “It’s all about restoring, forgiving and loving,” he said in an interview on Sunday. “We love Bishop Long and we’re going to keep coming.”

He claims that he'll step down "until 2012," which is next month. Fuck outta here with that! And his kool-aid drinking members are still idiots. Take a look at this video of the protesters claiming that one of them almost ran them down. How christian of them:

[youtube]d1J857eAsx8[/youtube]

Bishop Eddie Long Steps Down: Reported First On PimpPreacher.com

Bishop Eddie Long has just announced that he will step down as Pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church amidst dark clouds of scandals. Bishop Eddie Long says he will step away to take care of his family and will not return until some point in 2012. Bishop Eddie Long also told members during this tearful announcement that he was leaving them in the care of one of his fellow pastors and that they should continue to give to the ministry.

As his member gathered around the pulpit crying and sobbing Eddie Long already had a guest preacher standing by to preach as he departed the sanctuary.

All of this news comes on the heels of the divorce announcement made by Vanessa Long who later recanted her petition for divorce, then enacted it again.

Church Folk Revolution’s Church Reporter 007 who was attendance during the announcement said that Eddie Long has left a series of lesson plans for the replacement Pastor, to continue his stronghold one the members at
    New Birth.

As Reported By Church Reporter 007 (Who Was There)

Eddie Long took the stage at 8:00 AM. Everyone surrounded the pulpit and he continuously wiped away tears. He told us over 5 times that him and Vanessa still love each other. He said, about New Birth: "We are a family. She is your mother, and I am your father."

He talked about the impact the allegations have had on his family for years, including long before this last year. He said the greatest thing the church can do is continue to show up, and continue to give money. We don't need to listen to the media.

He compares his situation with the Israeli battles where Moses had to keep his hands raised and Aaron would hold up his arms when Moses was tired. He said the battle has lasted longer than originally thought, and he needs us to hold up his arms.

Eddie Long said he needs to take time away to take care of his family and we shouldn't worry. He always puts good people in front of us. He said to still believe in all the prophecies of 2011 and that he already had all of 2012's lesson plans laid out.

The attacks from the media were taking a toll. There are things he'd like to say but can't because he's been advised not to, but he said the divorce has nothing to do with infidelity or the allegations. He said he is not Superman and he doesn't want to be compared to him. He then said he would pray for our families, and he wanted us to pray for his.

After this he sat down and a guest preacher, ( Indian man first name Samuel. Couldn't understand the last name) preached for an hour from 2 Kings 4-8. He spoke about the 4 keys to the church and how New Birth had everyone of them. He said we can go anywhere for church, but only Mew birth for fellowship. Afterwards, we had offering and Eddie Long left after the offering was collected.

As I was leaving, I saw a line of people in front waiting to shake Eddie Longs hand. I stood in line and asked him, "When are you coming back Bishop?" he said, "I'll be back soon. As soon as I can"
    ...and he already has the lesson plans mapped out for the guest pastor. So he's still pulling the strings behind the scenes. I told y'all he's too arrogant to step down on his own accord. I've heard the IRS has been investigating that church since 2005, so SOMETHING must be going down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER
    I can't stand organized religion. Truth.
    VOUCH

Default Bishop Eddie Long crowned as a King?!

[youtube]AVkoQHCXSK8[/youtube]

Damn kool-aid drinking, man-worshipping FOOLS. The "rabbi" [Ralph Messer] who is crowning Long is really a false prophet who really goes around trying to convert people to Christianity and thinks blacks are a cursed race. Why would they let him in to their temple of fuckery with this bullshit?
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

I was waiting for lightning to strike & very sorry it didn't!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I was waiting for lightning to strike & very sorry it didn't!
    Okay? This type of foolishness does not sit well with me. Like my Big Mama said, I guess we really our living in our last days.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information