Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Another Anti-gay Theocrat EXPOSED as a Hypocrite in Baptist Church...

He's pretty much screwed if he confesses, especially it being allegations that it was with young men. How do you talk yourself out of that in that world. Though we do live in an amnesia short memory society.

He can always blame evil racist conspirators.

Here is the live podcast. Its just sickening. He is hiding behind the word
    New Birth MBC Site Map
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Can't get it to work! What's he saying? Was it Satan??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Basically denied. Couldnt go into detail, the truth will come out. Under attack. Will prevail. Wont be brought down, Not the man being portrayed on tv. Hes been accused, under attack, feels like David and Goliath, has 5 rocks, hasnt thrown 1 yet. blah blah blah. Hopefully someone can put it up. It was about 15 minutes, of course he used alot of scripture. The congregation went wild over him.But his news conference will be on tv at 10am. Im off to church
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Ga. megachurch pastor pledges to fight accusations - Yahoo! News

LITHONIA, Ga. – The famed pastor of a Georgia megachurch said Sunday that he will fight allegations that he lured young men into sexual relationships, stressing that he'd be back to lead the church the next week.

Addressing a New Birth Missionary Baptist Church sanctuary packed with thousands, Bishop Eddie Long declined to discuss specifics of lawsuits filed against him — or flatly deny the accusations. But he drew thunderous applause when he told his church that while he's not perfect, the picture painted by the allegations is far from accurate.

"There have been allegations and attacks made on me. I have never in my life portrayed myself as a perfect man. But I am not the man that's being portrayed on the television. That's not me. That is not me," he said as applause interrupted him.

Long told the crowd that his lawyers had advised him not to "try this case in the media." While the remarks were short on details of the legal case, Bishop spoke at length about enduring painful situations.

"We are all subject to face distasteful and painful situations. Bishop Long, Eddie Long — you can put your name in that blank — will have some bad situations," he said. "The righteous face painful situations with a determined expectancy. We are not exempt from pain, but He promises to deliver us out of our pain."

Long also invoked the biblical story of David and Goliath — casting himself as being under attack.

"I've been accused; I'm under attack. I want you to know, as I said earlier, I am not a perfect man," he said, briefly pausing for effect. "But this thing I'm going to fight."

"I want you to know one other thing, I feel like David against Goliath. But I got five rocks, and I haven't thrown one yet."

Long is scheduled to speak again at a 10 a.m. news conference and 11 a.m. service.

About 100 people waited at the doors of the church more than an hour before the first service. Some held signs of support, while others prayed for their embattled leader. A small group sang the hymn "White as Snow" while outside.

Members in their seats clapped and swayed as the service began around 8 a.m., with several people with microphones singing on stage. Later in the service, hundreds began dancing and chanting, "Jesus, Jesus." A small group of young people held Apple iPads high over their heads, with the screens scrolling white letters against a black background reading, "It's time to praise him."

Long came to the stage holding hands with his wife, Vanessa, and wearing a cream-colored suit. People edged toward the front of the cathedral as he prepared to speak. Long read from an iPad before tossing the microphone onto the podium, and then walking down the aisle hand-in-hand with his wife.

The lawsuits claim Long — who is an outspoken opponent of gay marriage — lured the four into sexual relationships with gifts including cars, cash and travel.

Long, a married father of four, previously denied the allegations through his lawyer. He had not spoken publicly until Sunday's service.

Over the past 20 years, Long became one of the most powerful independent church leaders in the country. He led New Birth as it grew from a suburban Atlanta congregation of 150 to a 25,000-member powerhouse with a $50 million cathedral and a roster of parishioners that includes athletes, entertainers and politicians.

He flashed his prosperity by wearing diamonds and platinum jewelry, while building strong political ties and a close relationship with the family of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. The 2006 funeral for King's widow, Coretta Scott King, was held at New Birth. Their daughter, the Rev. Bernice King, is also a pastor at Long's church.

Bernice King took the stage at the first of Sunday's services.

Three of the young men who filed lawsuits this week live in Georgia, while the other was a member of a satellite church in Charlotte, N.C., run by Long.

Two of the plaintiffs were once members of a youth program called the LongFellows Youth Academy, which teaches teenage boys lessons on financial discipline and sexual control. In their lawsuits, the men say Long used the program to groom them for sexual relationships and lured them into trysts with cars, jewelry and cash.

The other two plaintiffs make similar claims that Long served as a mentor, gave them gifts, then convinced them to engage in sexual acts.

So that was it? I could've had a damn V-8...

...Notice he didn't deny anything either. And don't get me started on the power of trance, mind games, hypnosis and other types of tactics that pimps of the pulpit like him use

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhvtFyFw_SQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He's not going to voluntarily step down. Mark my words.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

http://hiphopblog.com/news-mainmenu-...l#main-content

Disgraced Pastor Has Midtown Penthouse Hideaway
    Photos have surfaced of embattled pastor Bishop Eddie Long and some of his 'Long Fellows' members in Long's private Atlanta office. HipHopBlog.com has obtained these exclusive images just as more questionable details have surfaced in the ongoing controversy surrounding the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church pastor. HipHopBlog.com's sources have revealed that there is a million dollar penthouse in the city's midtown district that is allegedly owned by the famous mega-church reverend.

The source at the posh Twelve Atlantic Station cites several employees and residents that have noted that Long's visitors at said location have predominantly been young men. (Have mercy, I know exactly where that is! - h4l)

These things usually come in stages, it's so predictable maybe it's human nature. People accused of something will always deny or try to divert attention away from it.

And afterwards, comes the tear filled confessional.

Only a matter of time....

I hope someone hits his ugly ass in the head with a brick at his next sermon.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I tell you one thing, he sho' can put on a show! If I'm in that congegation, I'm thinking he is innocent!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A reporter for the FOX affiliate here in Atlanta caught up with one of the accusers in Colorado amd interviewed him. If I was his attorney, I'd be mad as hell that he spoke out about this, but what's being said is pretty damming. The part in which Jamal talks about not taking enough showers to wash [Eddie Long's] smell off of him broke my heart. I've heard of rape victims who have said similar things. There is a letter that Jamal supposedly wrote about this last year, and he allegedly attempted suicide. Such a sad story:

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPKCob51ro[/YouTube]
    Posted from my iPhone

UPDATE Folks:

New Birth MBC Going Through Serious Problems Since The Out Of Court Settlement By Bishop Eddie Long!

"Source Says Eddie Long's Church In Shambles"

After settling his sexual misconduct case out of court in order to avoid trial one source says Eddie Long's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church may be at its wits end with the embattled bishop, according to a report by NewsOne.

The source in NewsOne's investigation cites three proofs (“strikes”) as to why New Birth may soon find itself in uncharted water.

The first indication, according to the report is church elders are leaving and turning their backs on Long citing the recent resignation of Bernice King, Martin Luther King Jr.'s youngest daughter.
    The reports says her removal signifies that many other senior members in the church will soon follow suit.

The second indication according to NewsOne's source is that the revenue in the church has plummeted “forcing the church to make drastic cutbacks.” The source says the church has let go two full-time employees and cut salaries by 10 percent because of this reduction in ‘love offerings.'

The third and final straw,according to the church source is Bishop Long's total lack of humility saying the Bishop's inability to own up to his wrongs or even acknowledge them is, “an example of his complete arrogance.” Members are growing weary of his games, the source implies.

“Now there are a whole bunch of people trying to figure out what their place is, what's going to happen to the church and what's going to happen to them,” the church source noted.

Last week, Bishop Eddie L Long reportedly agreed to an eight figure settlement in order to avoid trial in the sexual coercion case brought against him by four former male members.

(Jessica McGowan/Getty Images)

Bishop Eddie Long and New Birth MBC never expected the serious internal problems that are coming forth from the out of court settlement between himself and his accusers. It’s causing many members to question the Bishop’s leadership.

"New Birth Collapsing Church Source Says......
    After settling his sexual misconduct case out of court in order to avoid trial one source says Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church may be at its wits end with the embattled bishop, according to a report by NewsOne.

Someone uploaded videos on YouTube showing how empty the parking lot is at the church. I've been to this church before (once, NOT impressed), so I know firsthand how crowded it used to be:

[youtube]JHx4aW41Vss[/youtube]

[youtube]jJ5v-JqUAkM[/youtube]

How about this motherfucker is trying to still expand his church to locations in Denver and Birmingham, AL. Judging by the videos, good luck with that bro...

Long allegedly paid $15 Million to settle out of court with his accusers. I wonder how many offerings will he have each Sunday at church now?
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; June 7th, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

I have so glad that he is losing members. What a vile man.

This lady is hilarious with her reaction to the whole scandal

[YOUTUBE]MBwlR0wrhkw[/YOUTUBE]

And he's got that dated jheri curl, looking like he sang backup on Atlantic Starr or something....fuck him.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    I have so glad that he is losing members. What a vile man.

This lady is hilarious with her reaction to the whole scandal

[YOUTUBE]MBwlR0wrhkw[/YOUTUBE]
    I like her. She reminds me of the women who'd come to my mom's speakeasy on Sundays after church.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

DAP

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    UPDATE Folks:

Someone uploaded videos on YouTube showing how empty the parking lot is at the church. I've been to this church before (once, NOT impressed), so I know firsthand how crowded it used to be:

[youtube]JHx4aW41Vss[/youtube]

[youtube]jJ5v-JqUAkM[/youtube]

How about this motherfucker is trying to still expand his church to locations in Denver and Birmingham, AL. Judging by the videos, good luck with that bro...

Long allegedly paid $15 Million to settle out of court with his accusers. I wonder how many offerings will he have each Sunday at church now?
    LOVE IT! People are finally starting to realize how corrupt and hypocritical this man is.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information