Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Amazon Wants To Ship Products Before You Even Buy Them

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    So, according to the patent, stuff is just going to be sent to a "geographical area" without having a definite shipping address. The address would not be added until a purchase is made. It just gives the package a head start and isn't the huge fearful thing it's being described as.
    "Geographical area" aka MDC (main distribution centre) or similar.
    Given the size of the US it makes perfect sense to have goods predicted to be bought in one geographic area shipped closer to the area to fulfil the order.
    This has been going on for years in shoos, amazon appear to be taking out one step further by packaging the individual shipment - but given that it us frequently cheaper to ship multiple items together, I doubt that they will individually box more than a sample.
    Free Charmed.

Levitt...Help them, to help you!! Win win!!
    levitt likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I'm going to hover over all expensive crap I want but will never buy and then go break into the nearest Amazon warehouse. Seems a flawless plan.
    It was flawless until you preemptively confessed.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I wouldn't want them to do that with my Wish List. I just use it as a place to log stuff my kids mention for Christmas ideas. I wouldn't want to buy all that shit, or end up with that bill..lol
    those wish lists give away too much information about you, way too easily. you could just bookmark the amazon links (don't log in while visiting the site unless you really want to buy something) and then clear your browser cookies immediately after.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    There's probably some algorithm that will only do this for the most predictible buyers.
    So any areas with a high proportion of middle aged illiterate divorcees are suddenly going to be inundated with copies of Fifty Shades of Grey?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Yup.
    Its also why you could never buy anything "exotic" (Wasabi, curry powder without "curry" in the title, etc) at our local supermarket but now they have 3 isles of Polish foodstuffs....
    This whole this is not new. Why do you think that companies are so keen on you having their loyalty cards, etc etc etc.
    I just don't feel the outrage. *shrug*
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yup.
    Its also why you could never buy anything "exotic" (Wasabi, curry powder without "curry" in the title, etc) at our local supermarket but now they have 3 isles of Polish foodstuffs....
    This whole this is not new. Why do you think that companies are so keen on you having their loyalty cards, etc etc etc.
    I just don't feel the outrage. *shrug*
    Me neither. Every damn move you make (especially online) is monitored these days. Nevermind the millions who voluntarily share their lives on facebook, etc.

If Amazon wants to spend their time predicting what I might buy and getting it ready for me, knock yourselves out. I kinda like that my local Chinese takeout joint knows what I'm going to order before I tell them. I only wish Amazon would hurry up with their drone technology and pass it along to others so they can deliver that szechuan chicken to my door. Then we can debate whether or not to tip the drone.
    Novice likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

When I read the thread title, I had the image of drones hovering outside my front door ready to drop a package as soon as I hit Checkout.

It's a creepy thought.

What is creepy about it? Seriously?

do you have loyalty cards? Do you pay with means other than cash? Do youvuy from a store with a computerised inventory system? All of these things do exactly what Amazon are doing, you just don't know about them.
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information