Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modern woman's guide to behavior?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Modern woman's guide to behavior?

How should the modern woman behave? Ogling other men in front of your hubby and parading around gym changing rooms naked are out, according to the Good Housekeeping Institute. Click here to see its guide to female etiquette.
    However, Mail online readers have plenty of suggestions of their own for modern day standards of behaviour.
    We've handpicked the best of your recommendations to create the 10 commandments of Mail online etiquette. Feel free to continue submitting your own suggestions on our reader comments service below.

The 10 female etiquette commandments

1. Badly maintained feet should be attended to before displaying them in sandals (suggested by Brian M Carr, Salford).
    2. Resist the urge to ask a pregnant woman when it's due - there will be more than one occasion when the woman is not pregnant, just merely fat! (Lesha Park, Stafford).
    3. Girls should not play football or rugby. It's all wrong (Debs, Glasgow).
    4. Make-up should not be applied in public, and even more disgraceful is filing nails in public. It is quite nauseating to sit next to someone whose nail dust is being showered all over you (Sarah, London).
    5. Don't eat while walking - a taboo for both genders but especially unladylike for a truly classy girl (Kapil Sangar, Greenhithe).
    6. Don't sniff loudly and repeatedly when you need to blow your nose (Bridget Dix, Plymouth).
    7. Don't brush your hair on public transport. Being showered with hair and dandruff by a fellow passenger is not pleasant (Pamela, Perth, Australia).
    8. Don't form a scrum or push over people unfortunate enough to get between you and a free seat on the train (F Joe, London).
    9. Don't eat when speaking on the phone - it can always be heard down the other end of the line, and hearing someone's amplified, second hand chewing is quite disgusting, disrespectful and downright rude (an angry anonymous poster from London).
    10. Always treat your close friends' partners with respect, even if you are not keen on them, and never, ever flirt with them (Patricia Allen, Sheffield).
    I'd like to add:

11. Stop talking on your cell phone in public. No one, and I mean no one, wants to hear your inane, vapid conversations.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I've always hated it when girls put on makeup in public. I once watched a teenage girl apply an entire face of makeup (foundation, blush, eyeliner, lipstick, everything) after dinner in a restaurant. Everyone was watching her.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think girls should play whatever sport they want to play, it shouldn't be WRONG.
    I played rugby for PE back in high school, not that I liked it but if ppl are good at it regardless of gender, they should pursue it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Yeah, the sport thing is fucked up. What, is it somehow wrong for girls to get sweaty and fit? I can't believe a WOMAN submitted that. I'm guessing she's pushing 80, at least.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I wondered about that one, too.

Lil

I have a couple more.

• Don't brush your hair over the basin in a public toilet and leave hairs in the sink (akkkk - gross)

• Leave public toilets the way you found them. Don't leave wee on the seat, or scatter loo roll confetti around the cubicle
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    I've always hated it when girls put on makeup in public. I once watched a teenage girl apply an entire face of makeup (foundation, blush, eyeliner, lipstick, everything) after dinner in a restaurant. Everyone was watching her.
    Thats pathetic, some girls do things like that for attention.

A girl in my office puts her make up on in her car every morning in the car park! But I don't think she's attention seeking, just unorganised!!

I was in Mcdonalds with a few freinds about 2 years ago and there was a group of girls about 14 and they were all sat there brushing and playing with each others hair, I was horrified, it was fliying everywhre so I complained loudly that I'd found a bright red hair in my chips, (one of the girls was like, the only ginger person in there!) the manager came out and asked the girls to leave (they'd finished their meals ages ago) I'd nearly et all my chips but I got a brand new portion and a free ice cream!! :p
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I've seen worse. I saw a girl clipping her finger nails at a restaurant. I was soooo grossed out I didn't want to eat there anymore. Who the hell carries nail clippers with them when they go out...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

i didnt know putting on makeup in public bugged people that much. guess i should stop doing that!

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    i didnt know putting on makeup in public bugged people that much. guess i should stop doing that!
    i find it fascinating...mainly cuz i have no idea what they're doing And i like the before and afters

Ok, so here's my new rules. Feel free to add your own:

12. No farting.
    13. No picking your nose
    14. NO PUBLIC SEX.

--Sinclair Lewis

Hey, sometimes you GOTTA fart, and sometimes you do it whether you want to or not. You should at least say "excuse me," though, instead of blurting out "WHOAH, DID Y'ALL HEAR THAT? DO YOU SMELL IT?"

I'm fine with farting: do it on a regular basis (although I don't wave it at people like certain people I know). I was just trying to think up sillier ones than they had.

--Sinclair Lewis

Ok.. seriously.. the farting thing...

If you have to let one rip, EXCUSE YOURSELF FROM THE ROOM and fart somewhere less populated. Go to the washroom, to a hallway.. ANYTHING.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Ok.. seriously.. the farting thing...

If you have to let one rip, EXCUSE YOURSELF FROM THE ROOM and fart somewhere less populated. Go to the washroom, to a hallway.. ANYTHING.
    Normally I excuse myself, but sometimes they sneak up on me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information