Thread: Hamas wins Palestinian election!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Thumbs up Hamas wins Palestinian election!

In your face Bush!

The U.S. considers Hamas a terrorist group, while Palestinians regard it as a political entity that operates schools and hospitals.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; January 26th, 2006 at 02:23 PM.

Default Re: Hamas wins Palestinian election!

While i don't agree with Hamas's "destroy israel" platform, it's kind of interesting to see how shrub responded...

"We won't deal with them."

So you won't deal with a democratically elected government body because it doesn't conform to what the US wants?

Not very democratic. Hypocrits.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah exactly and he called them "terrorists" (like he always calls people who don't agree w/ him) and generally was quite befuddled at the news conference; he just didn't know what to say or how to say it,
    well thats not unusual, but he was more off-key than usual!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060126/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Bow down Bitch!
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; January 26th, 2006 at 02:20 PM.

Silver Member

That is the irony in all this, Hamas won fair and square.

As a moderate Palestinian, I am for peace and security. I despise the ideals and what Hamas stands for. BUT, let us not forget that it was Israel which helped fund Hamas in the late 80s so they can be a nemesis to the PLO. They thought that religious fundamentalism would be a better suit for the Palestinian people to ditch the support for the PLO. Boy, did it backfire on Israel.

Here is another thing, the majority of Palestinians in Israel live under 2$ a day and drenched in poverty. They are fed up with the corruption and incompetence of Fatah who are known to take global aid for Palestinians and place it in their own pockets. As for Hamas, they are actually the ones who have been providing social programs for the Palestinians like health care and education. That is a BIG thing on why Palestinians voted for Hamas.

But, let us also remember that the terrorism needs to stop on BOTH sides. It is time for peace now, bloodshed only begets more violence. So, if Hamas does want to be taken serioiusly, they definetly need to disarm and take steps for peace initiatives. Same with Israel, they need to stop with their use of excessive force and terorrism and head to the peace talk tables. It takes two to tango.

Thread Information