Thread: Two-week-old baby fights for life following alleged assault

Angry Two-week-old baby fights for life following alleged assault

A two-week-old baby is fighting for her life after being seriously injured in an alleged assault.

Fighting for life: Two-week-old Imogen Hayward, who has a 50 per cent chance of surviving

Imogen Hayward, whose mother Amy, 23, is a nanny, is on a life-support machine in intensive care at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
    The baby, who was born at Ipswich Hospital on December 1 weighing 6 lbs 8 oz, is believed to have suffered a serious head injury, fractures and bruises.
    Police investigating her injuries have arrested Miss Hayward's 26-year-old boyfriend and released him on bail pending further inquiries.
    Imogen lived with her mother in Needham Market, Suffolk, and was admitted to Ipswich Hospital on Monday morning.
    She was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital shortly after doctors told police that her injuries appeared suspicious.
    Imogen's father James Curtis, 24, who is separated from Miss Hayward, said he had been told she had only a 50/50 chance of survival.
    Former supermarket worker Mr Curtis of Stowmarket, Suffolk, said: "I still can't quite believe that anyone would want to harm my beautiful daughter. She's so tiny and adorable and defenceless.
    "It makes me really angry and hurt and upset. Just two weeks ago I felt like the happiest man alive to have a healthy baby girl. Now my heart is breaking."
    "Even if she does survive she will not be normal and there may be blindness.
    "Her head injury is really serious and she is not able to breathe on her own. There is bleeding behind her eye and she keeps on having little fits."
    Mr Curtis, who also has an 18-month-old daughter, said he separated from Miss Hayward in the summer when she was pregnant.
    Her current boyfriend comes from Claydon near Ipswich and is also the father of her two-year-old son Toby.
    Mr Curtis added: "Imogen is a lovely little girl. I saw her several times and she just seemed like a normal baby.
    "The police took me up to the hospital to see her. It was just heartbreaking to see her on life support."
    Neighbours of Miss Hayward said police arrived at her house shortly after 1pm on Tuesday and stayed until about 10.30pm.
    Forensic police officers were seen searching the property and taking pictures of the lounge and back garden.
    A neighbour said he heard noises from the house on Sunday evening.
    He said: "We turned the TV down to try and hear what was going on.
    "We knew that something had happened because of the amount of forensic police officers there on Tuesday. We just hope that the little baby will be okay."
    A Suffolk police spokesman said: "We can confirm that a two-week old baby was admitted to Ipswich Hospital with injuries. The baby has been transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital and remains in intensive care.
    "A 26-year-old male from the Ipswich area was arrested in relation to the incident and has been released on bail to return to Bury St Edmunds police station at 3pm on Dec 23."

Two-week-old baby fights for life following alleged assault - Telegraph

Oh my God I can't stand it! Poor little beautiful baby.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Elite Member

I'm praying my heart out for that poor baby the news is just too depressing today

how terrible.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Somebody better hang for this outrage! OMG-that darling tiny thing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That poor little baby looks happy, in the picture. Who the fuck assaults children? Who? Why?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^People who have babies because they're cute, they want to fit it or have someone to love them, because you needs a baby to get a free place to live, all your friends have them, it's just what you do.......the list goes on. In short, people who are not equipped to handle the realities of caring for a child beyond the Kodak moments they have fantasized about. The baby won't stop crying and they just snap.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

horrible.
    so, she had a baby with one guy, broke up. hooked up with another, broke up whilst pregnant. then hooked up with the first baby-daddy again?
    not to make generalisations but it all sounds very chavvy to me. and like all parties involved should get sterilised.
    i hope the baby recovers but if the damage is too extensive, it's probably better if she doesn't...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This guy is out on bail? Seriously?
    The asshole beats up a two-week old and he's allowed to roam the streets?

Throw him under the jail.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    horrible.
    so, she had a baby with one guy, broke up. hooked up with another, broke up whilst pregnant. then hooked up with the first baby-daddy again?
    not to make generalisations but it all sounds very chavvy to me. and like all parties involved should get sterilised.
    I noticed this too. Totally trashy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hope the baby recovers but if the damage is too extensive, it's probably better if she doesn't...
    I feel the same way.

WTF is wrong with the world? I understand the pressure of having a child, but how can you really get that angry with a 2 week old? Shit like this boggles my mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Thread Information