Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Cake request for 3-year-old Adolf Hitler namesake denied

Cool Cake request for 3-year-old Adolf Hitler namesake denied

Cake request for 3-year-old Hitler namesake denied - Yahoo! News

Heath Campbell, left, with his wife Deborah and son Adolph Hitler, 3, pose in Easton, Pa.,, Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2008. Deborah and her husband Heath attempted to by a birthday cake for their son at a near by ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich, N.J. and were told that the store would not inscribe Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on the cake. The Campbell's also have two daughters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie.(AP Photo/Rich Schultz)

EASTON, Pa. – The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

A store manager at ShopRite referred questions to a corporate spokeswoman who did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday. But spokeswoman Karen Meleta told The Easton Express-Times for Sunday's editions that the store considered Campbell's request inappropriate.

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.
    He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.
    "Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

*snickers*

"Adolph Hitler denied CAKE!"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Ew, look at those ugly white racists.

Poor little Adolph. That's a lot of baggage for a three year old to be carrying about.

Good to know that Walmart is the place to go for all your Adolph Hitler cake needs.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Between those parents and THAT name, little Adolf has no hope of ever being normal, does he?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

The party was also attended by his cousins Joe Stalin, Pol Pot and Idi Amin Dada.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Also, this name is just a name?

Ok, and this used to be a symbol of good luck:

It's one of the oldest symbols, appearing in several cultures and religions. Yet in a few short years, all its previous meaning has been wiped out from the collective conscious. Sad, but true.

Hell, I had a moment of freakout a few years back, standing in a Persian carpet in the Ambassador's residence in Bulgaria, until I realised the carpet predated the Third Reich by a good half-century. Still, I wish they'd reconsider the décor.

^^ It's in the stonework of old buildings too- some apartment buildings in NY have the design. It gives me the chills when I notice one.

Empress Alexandra of Russia's diaries were filled with drawn swastikas years before the reich, they were her good luck charm....not too lucky for her either though.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^I've seen it on ancient Greek structures too. And I believe it predates them too.

Intellectually, I know the reaction is silly, but I get an odd feeling too.

Assholes.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Boohoo shouldn't have effed up your kids life. And ARYAN NATION seriously?

These people are all over the internet. They live off disability payments & they've gotten lots of attention from their kids' stupid names. They're either master manipulators or they're imbeciles. They keep saying that they don't understand why anybody would have a problem with these names.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I see they live in NJ. They have what are known in NY/NJ as summer teeth.

some are yellow.....some are brown....some are missing

That little boy is adorable. It's so sad that he's been born into such ugliness and ignorance. i hope he somehow, someday breaks out of that vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Also, this name is just a name?

Ok, and this used to be a symbol of good luck:

It's one of the oldest symbols, appearing in several cultures and religions. Yet in a few short years, all its previous meaning has been wiped out from the collective conscious. Sad, but true.

Hell, I had a moment of freakout a few years back, standing in a Persian carpet in the Ambassador's residence in Bulgaria, until I realised the carpet predated the Third Reich by a good half-century. Still, I wish they'd reconsider the décor.
    It's not exactly the same. Nazi Germany's swastika is rotated 45 degrees.
    That's why I can't help but laugh when I see pictures of neo-nazitards with the swastika above tattooed on them.
    Congratulations ya racists douches, you can't even a fucking nazi swastika done right....fail.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information