Thread: Man shot, killed at Los Angeles CO$

Default Man shot, killed at Los Angeles CO$

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say a security guard at a Scientology building shot and killed a man wielding a sword.
    Officer April Harding says the man approached the guard in the parking lot of the Scientology Celebrity Centre International around noon Sunday.
    Harding says the guard "felt threatened for his life" and fired at the man. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
    Homicide detectives have cordoned off the building in Hollywood to investigate.
    Scientology spokespeople didn't immediately return messages Sunday.

LAPD investigators examine the scene of a shooting Sunday afternoon at the Church of Scientology’s Celebrity Centre in Hollywood. A security guard shot and killed a man wielding two samurai swords. The guard told police that he fired to protect himself and two colleagues. The man was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Detectives cordoned off the Franklin Avenue complex with yellow tape as investigators combed through the dead man’s vehicle.

The Associated Press: Man shot, killed at Scientology building in LA

tom?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^That's what I was thinking.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Was it an Alien?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is the incredibly creepy Omen-like castle building on Franklin. How horrid. I wonder what happened, who that guy was and why he charged up into the fort of crazy with a sword??

Maybe it was Suri's real father.

A security guard at the Church of Scientology's Celebrity Centre in Hollywood today shot and killed a man wielding two samurai swords, police said.

Police detained the guard for questioning but said a surveillance tape at the facility backed his claim that he fired his gun to protect himself and two colleagues.

"The evidence is very clear the security officers were defending their safety," said Los Angeles Police Deputy Chief Terry S. Hara.

Authorities did not release the name of the guard or man killed in the 1:30 p.m. shooting. The tape showed the man arriving at the Celebrity Centre's Bronson Avenue parking lot in a red convertible, getting out of the vehicle and approaching a trio of security guards while waving a sword in each hand, Hara said.

He said the man, who was described as being in his 40s, was "close enough to hurt them" when the guard fired. The man was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police said the guard worked for a private security company. Detectives cordoned off the Franklin Avenue complex with yellow tape as investigators combed through the dead man's vehicle. The incident occurred at one of Hollywood's most distinctive landmarks. Originally a luxury hotel, the eight-story building was built in the style of a 17th century French castle with a striking white facade and turrets that loom over the nearby Hollywood Freeway.

The church transformed the building into a facility aimed at celebrities 39 years ago. According to a church website, the Celebrity Centre caters to "artists, politicians, leaders of industry, sports figures and anyone with the power and vision to create a better world." The complex includes a restaurant, theater and hotel.

Representatives for the church did not immediately return calls.

"I have no information," said a woman who answered the phone at the Celebrity Centre.

The facility is ringed by a fence, and security cameras dot the property's perimeter. Guards on bikes also patrol the area.

"That is one thing about living here, you get free security," said Brant Hoibin, 34, who lives in an apartment adjacent to the Celebrity Centre.

Guard fatally shoots man with swords at Scientology building - Los Angeles Times

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh here we go...

The facility is ringed by a fence, and security cameras dot the property's perimeter. Guards on bikes also patrol the area.

Don't you love how a 'church' feels the need to have high security? Anyway, he had ties to the Cos.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An Oregon man who was fatally shot as he wielded samurai swords and tried to attack guests at a landmark Scientology building had been involved in "prior incidents" with the church, police said Monday.

Mario Majorski, 48, was shot once by a security guard as he tried to use the swords to attack guests at the Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood on Sunday, Detective Wendi Berndt said.

Berndt said that the Scientology church and security guards were already familiar with Majorski, and that he had been associated with the church in the "distant past." She did not elaborate on the earlier dealings.

"The security people were aware of him through some prior incidents," Berndt said.

The shooting will be reviewed by the district attorney's office, but police were treating the killing as justifiable.

"The security guard had to take action to prevent the deceased from killing or maiming people on the premises," Berndt said.

Security surveillance tape showed Majorski arrived around noon in a red convertible, then approached the guards with a sword in each hand before he was shot, Berndt said. She said the tape would not be released to the public because it was too graphic. No other weapons were found in the car, which Berndt said she thought was a rental.

Majorski was pronounced dead at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center.

Public records show he had been associated with a string of addresses in Los Angeles County and in Oregon over the last two decades. He filed for bankruptcy in 2000.

Messages left at a Scientology media line were not returned Monday.

The Celebrity Centre is a turreted, castle-like landmark in Hollywood that serves as "a home for the artist, a place where he can come and learn, attend seminars, meet other artists and even perform at our many showcases and events," according to the Centre's Web site.

The Church of Scientology was established in 1945 by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard and claims 10 million members around the world. It likes to cultivate celebrity followers, and among its more famed acolytes are Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

I think the Cos drove him mad.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A "CHURCH" with an ARMED GUARD
    Hopefully the mainstream media will pick up the fact that a so-called church needs a bloody armed guard.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    A "CHURCH" with an ARMED GUARD
    Hopefully the mainstream media will pick up the fact that a so-called church needs a bloody armed guard.
    Well they need some one to protect all the money.

I hate to agree with $scios about anything, but in that situation, I probably would have shot this guy too. Just look at him.

Scientology Sword Man Was Effing Creepy
    Eek

More information is now being made available about Mario Majorski, the crazy person who snapped and stormed the Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood yesterday armed with two samurai swords. Of course, the confrontation ended in death when the building's guards shot and killed Majorski, a former Scientologist.

Over recent years, the man demonstrated his lack of mental stability. He swung an ax at an Auto Club employee, was arrested at a Mormon church service for disorderly conduct, threatened to shoot police who attempted to investigate his home, and even picked up a restraining order from the medical facility at which his mother (who has since died) was a patient. And, to top it all off, he made a series of threatening phone calls in 2005 to the Scientology offices in LA and Oregon. The church described the threats as "ranging from veiled statements that 'something bad' would happen to the church to direct threats of violence."

And check out that mug shot! If that doesn't send chills down your spine, we don't know what will.

Nov 25, 2008 · posted by Whitney

Scientology Sword Man Was Effing Creepy / Mollygood
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The Cos made him look like that. I will believe nothing else.

--Sinclair Lewis

This guy has taken the "L-11" course in the Co$. Compared the other 'secret' courses, there's a lot less info on the "L's" it's also one of the most expensive courses.
    This thread is from Anonymous' site, but it'll give you perspective on the L's.
    Epic Swords Guy, L-11 and other dead ex-Scis - Why We Protest | Activism Forum

The actor that recently spoke out against the Co$, Jason Beghe, said in the XenuTV interview that the "L's fucked him up" but he didn't elaborate.
    Somehow the people that end up doing the L's end up crazy and dead, Lisa McPherson took the L-11 course.

Thread Information