Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foreplay is overrated?

Default Foreplay is overrated?

Foreplay may be overrated according to a survey based on 2,300 women, which found that it has little or no significance when it comes to the likelihood of having an orgasm.

The duration of intercourse 16.2 minutes on average is the clincher, according to the research. The findings suggest that sex therapists, who emphasise the value of foreplay, may have that been getting it wrong.
    "In contrast to the assumptions of many sex therapists and educators, more attention should be given to improve the quality and duration of intercourse rather than foreplay," say Professor Stuart Brody of the University of the West of Scotland, and Professor Peter Weiss, from Charles University, Prague.
    In the study, reported in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, the academics quizzed a representative sample of 2,360 Czech women of all ages about details of their sex lives, including orgasmic consistency with a partner along with estimated duration of foreplay and intercourse.
    Results show that for the women in the study, the average duration of foreplay was 15.4 minutes, and intercourse, 16.2 minutes.
    The researchers point out that 16.2 minutes is considerably longer than reported in American studies, where intercourse was found to last on average seven minutes.
    They added: "It could be that this reflects, a greater appreciation of intercourse and sensuality by Europeans than by Americans."
    The researchers looked at frequency of orgasm in the women, and foreplay and intercourse data. They concluded the links with foreplay were insignificant. Instead they suggest that the longer intercourse lasts, the greater the probability of orgasm for the women.
    "This was a large number of women and the results are robust," says Professor Brody. "Sex therapists and educators put the overwhelming emphasis on foreplay, but they need to be guided by the evidence which shows that it is not the case.
    "Intercourse is significantly more important. Our findings should lead researchers, educators, and clinicians to reconsider the contributions of foreplay and intercourse."

Foreplay is overrated, researchers claim - Telegraph

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Obviously they're just doing it wrong.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have to agree. The longer the duration of intercourse the more likely I am to have an orgasm. However, foreplay is hella fun and is not neglected. The problem I run into is that the longer and more involved the foreplay, the less likely I am to get a good long banging. Hubby can get too excited during foreplay and I get shortchanged. I usually rob Paul to get paid by Peter.

Results show that for the women in the study, the average duration of foreplay was 15.4 minutes
    EPIC FAIL.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Foreplay is great, but I don't usually need it.
    Rock the fuck on!

Foreplay is the best part. While I usually enjoy intercourse (when the guy knows what he's doing), it's never an orgasmic experience for me. Wish it were different but it is what it is.
    Last edited by qwerty; November 9th, 2008 at 07:29 PM.

I'm not so into foreplay. It's okay. I just prefer intercourse itself and don't need much prep time.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

there reaches a point of making out and molesting where it gets boring, and you need to fuck.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^I agree. I just need the whole package. An occasional "quicky" is fine but really piss me off if they threaten to become the norm.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

They can try to defend Wham, bam, thank you ma'am all they want. I still need a bit of a tweak.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    EPIC FAIL.
    Thank you. It's not good for me if the whole damn thing takes only a half hour.

Results show that for the women in the study, the average duration of foreplay was 15.4 minutes, and intercourse, 16.2 minutes.
    I just picture some researcher sitting in the corner of the room with a stopwatch.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

foreplay is great and all, it's not exactly overrated but what is is the importance it's been given, they make it sound like foreplay is what women really enjoy whereas intercourse is more for the guy's pleasure.
    i love foreplay but i seldom want it to last all that long. i get better orgasms from intercourse anyway. i guess it all depends on your body and whether you have better orgasms from clitoral stimulation or from intercourse. but for me, foreplay is the appetiser and intercourse is definitely the main dish.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ita.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

im so bad at foreplay but i got some good shit this weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information