Thread: Boy, 7, chained up by his parents for five months to keep him away from 'bad company'

Default Boy, 7, chained up by his parents for five months to keep him away from 'bad company'

Chained: Ilko Todorov, 7, has now been freed by police

A seven-year-old child was kept chained by his parents in their home in an alleged bid to keep him away from “bad company.”

Social services and police released the child after a tip-off from neighbours who saw him tied to a long steel chain in the family home in the town of Goce Delchev in Bulgaria.

The chain, attached to his leg, only allowed him to move though a limited space in the house and caused chronic injuries.
    Ilko Todorov was taken to a foster home after receiving medical treatment, while his parents Ilija, 40, a metal worker and Marija, 34, a cleaner, face legal charges.
    Speaking from the foster home, where he has been put under intensive psychological counselling, Ilko said: “I am happy here and I get to play with other children now. I miss my mum but I don’t want to see my dad.”

His mother told authorities she could not stop the ordeal her son was subjected to because of his domineering father.

She said: “I tried to tell him not to do it, but I was afraid of him.”

It was not immediately clear for how long had the child been chained, but it is believed that he was forced to sleep and live with the chain for a considerable period of time.

Authorities are investigating whether the child missed school and why social services were not alerted earlier.
    Ilko's mother Maria Todorova

Enlarge Ilko's familiy home

Ilko's father said he chained his son in a bid to keep him away from “bad company.”

Authorities in Bulgaria, which joined the European Union in 2007, are probing the case but no charges have yet been laid.

Boy, 7, chained up by his parents for five months to keep him away from 'bad company' | Mail Online

Wow...poor kid, and his mum too...
    This is so sad...

uh, i think the only 'bad company' this kid should be kept away from are his own parents. the dad may be a domineering asshole but the mother is at least partly to blame for staying.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The same should be done to them.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Poor little lambkin-I hope the rest of his life is happier.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Grrr. She was "afraid of him"???? Hey, bitch.... The motherfucker has to sleep sometime. And you have chains....

Weak ass broads who let their kids be abused need to have their tubes yanked out.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It might seem like I'm stalking you to just disagree with you MrsDark but dont think that!

I was googling the country they are from, they are labeled as the "2nd poorest country in the European union"; I would take that to mean the mother could not have supported herself had she chosen to free her son and leave her husband. Not everywhere in the world is like America/Australia/Briton/etc...women cannot just pack up and leave in some countrys. She most likely had no where to go.

Oh, so I guess that makes it okay to let her son be abused. Poor thing.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Please dont twist my words like that; I never said nor implied that what was done to this boy was ok.

The mother would have felt she had no choice but to obey her husband. And if she had no where to go, which I have the strong suspicion she didnt, then she would have felt she had no choice but to go along with her husbands choice.

Love it or hate it, this is how the world goes.

This is how the world goes when people allow themselves to be victimized to such an extreme that they forgo their own protective instincts as a mother and allow their child to be harmed.

Sorry, no "this is how the world goes in other less progressive/more oppressed parts of the world" sympathy points for this sorry excuse for a mom.

Most women would die for their child. This broad wasn't even willing to go hungry/leave a fucked-up man. Obviously there is something that could have been done, since the kid is in foster care now.

Nice to have another "devil's advocate" poster to stir things up since PB got the boot, I suppose. As long you don't assume that my opinions (and in this case my lack of sympathy for said ho-bag) mean something like I have no understanding of "how the world works" I'm cool with whatever you have to say, whether I agree or not, or think it has any bearing at all.

I guess I am just less judgmental than a lot of people, I can understand how a woman can be so beaten down by someone that they will forgo the maternal instincts that come with having children and not do something then their child's life is threatened. I fucking suck at putting what I think into words, but in my mind I can understand how someone can let a man chain up her child like this. It doesnt mean I agree with it, but I can understand how it happens.

The wrongness of it gets to me too much. Injustices like this to children will never change if adults don't act. And I want to shout it to the rooftops ("this woman is a BAD mother!") everytime I see it.

The mother had a job. She was a cleaner. Even if she was only making a small amount, if she believed what was happening to her son was wrong - she could have escaped with him.

Obviously she didn't believe it was that wrong because I'm guessing she brought food and drink to her child every day of that five months.

Kids better off without 'em.
    ssabmud

That kid is cute, hope he is adopted and finds a loving home

Thread Information