Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Driver in crash that killed 5 was traveling 98 mph

  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default Driver in crash that killed 5 was traveling 98 mph

    A Louisiana man was driving nearly 100 mph Sunday, when his vehicle hit a minivan carrying a Plano family and their two foster children, according to Plano police documents released Friday.
    David Calhoun Jones of Metairie, La., was westbound on Legacy Drive as he approached a red light at Custer Road at 98 mph, according to data collected from his rented black Pontiac. The posted speed limit was 40.
    A witness told police that Mr. Jones "hopped the curb to avoid hitting stopped cars and became airborne, flipped and landed on top of another vehicle," according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
    He slammed into a green 2001 Ford Windstar minivan. Inside the van were Geoff and Christy Hart, their 12-year-old daughter, Rebekah, and two foster children Kevinnesha Palmer, 6, and Raven Lucas, 5.
    The Harts died at the scene. The two foster children were taken to area hospitals, where they later died.
    Driver in Plano crash that killed 5 was traveling 98 mph, police say | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News

    That is so fucked up.

  2. #2
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,715

    Default

    What the fuck was he doing going 98 in a 40 zone??? And heading toward a stop light??? Was he drunk/high or in a high speed chase?

    And of course he had to slam into a van and kill the entire family in it. Fucking moron.

  3. #3
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    What the fuck was he doing going 98 in a 40 zone??? And heading toward a stop light??? Was he drunk/high or in a high speed chase?

    And of course he had to slam into a van and kill the entire family in it. Fucking moron.
    I don't remember if this was in the story, but the rumor is he was drunk.

    That accident took place in Plano (suburb of Dallas) and I see a lot of mental retardation on the road there, though that level of road-tardation is unusual even for the 'burbs. Usually it's just soccer moms driving too slow in their SUVs because they're talking on their cell phones.

  4. #4
    Gold Member PlayfulKisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    784

    Default

    I live in Plano and the accident happened just a few blocks from my home. All of the reports I've read, including the initial reports from the police at the accident, said drugs/alcohol did not seem to play a part. Apparently, he was rushing to pick his kids up from his ex-wife.

    I just don't see how it was possible for him to get up to that speed to start with. While it was only 11am on Sunday morning, this happened on a 6-lane boulevard that usually has quite a bit of cars traveling. He was from out of state in a rental car but there is no way he could have thought the limit was even 70 as it is on the highway.

    He has been charged with 5 counts of manslaughter...and the good news he's still in the hospital in critical condition from his own injuries. Typically when something like this happens, the asswipe walks away unharmed~
    Playful~

  5. #5
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,422

    Default

    how horrible for that family. terrible.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  6. #6
    Gold Member HockeyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ice Arena
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Sad story!

    But on a different tangent...naming a kid Kevinnesha? Seriously?

  7. #7
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    whats that in kmph?

    nvm google is ur friend....160ks....
    damn...

  8. #8
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    I live in Plano and the accident happened just a few blocks from my home. All of the reports I've read, including the initial reports from the police at the accident, said drugs/alcohol did not seem to play a part. Apparently, he was rushing to pick his kids up from his ex-wife.

    I just don't see how it was possible for him to get up to that speed to start with. While it was only 11am on Sunday morning, this happened on a 6-lane boulevard that usually has quite a bit of cars traveling. He was from out of state in a rental car but there is no way he could have thought the limit was even 70 as it is on the highway.

    He has been charged with 5 counts of manslaughter...and the good news he's still in the hospital in critical condition from his own injuries. Typically when something like this happens, the asswipe walks away unharmed~
    If the asswipe didn't have kids of his own, I'd say I hope he dies.

  9. #9
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    so senseless. and tragic
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  10. #10
    Elite Member Sialia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    If the asswipe didn't have kids of his own, I'd say I hope he dies.
    Not me - I think death would be the easy way out for him. Let him live and have to know about what he did every day for the rest of his life.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

  11. #11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Not me - I think death would be the easy way out for him. Let him live and have to know about what he did every day for the rest of his life.
    Nah; I'm one of the taxpayers who will have to pay for him to live with what he did while he rots in jail. Fuck him!

  12. #12
    Elite Member Sialia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    ^^Ah, excellent point!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

  13. #13
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Not me - I think death would be the easy way out for him. Let him live and have to know about what he did every day for the rest of his life.

    Such is one of life's most common yet cruelest ironies, the negligent and criminal one that causes the most pain and devastation is the one that survives somehow. How many times have we read where a reckless and or drunk driver somehow seems to survive over and over yet their victims all die horrible deaths?

    And maybe I'm just too cynical nowadays, but I'm thinking many people in these situations probably don't care about the pain they caused. Oh in court they'll probably shed crocodile tears about "how sorry they are for all the pain they caused, blah blah" but in reality they are only sorry it happened to them. No real remorse.

  14. #14
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Nah; I'm one of the taxpayers who will have to pay for him to live with what he did while he rots in jail. Fuck him!

    FYI, it's cheaper to taxpayers to incarcerate than execute. In either case, the guy is a bastard. What an unnecessary tragedy, just because the guy was 'in a hurry' How devastating to the relatives of the victims, I couldn't even imagine getting a phone call like that.

  15. #15
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    If they just killed every fucking idiot like this, the world wouldnt be suffering from over-population and we wouldnt have to worry about them getting out of jail one day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
  2. 2 Los Angeles area teens killed in taxi crash
    By celeb_2006 in forum News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
  4. Other driver in Nick Hogan crash sentenced
    By NicoleWasHere in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 28th, 2008, 11:16 PM
  5. Scores killed in Thai plane crash
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •