Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside the polygamist 'underage sex cult': Mothers have their children taken away

Default Inside the polygamist 'underage sex cult': Mothers have their children taken away

Sobbing mothers from the polygamist sect at the centre of child abuse allegations said today that their children had now been taken away from them.

Most of the 416 children rescued after a raid on April 3 were taken away from their mothers yesterday.
    Out of 139 mothers who left the secretive Texas ranch after the raid, only those with children aged four or younger have been allowed to stay with them, social services said. Scroll down for more...
    Bereft: Mormon mother Marie, 32, sobs after being separated from her three sons, aged between five and nine. 'They are being abused from this experience,' she said

Texas authorities accuse the renegade Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints of physically and sexually abusing the youngsters and wants to strip their parents of custody and place the children in foster care or put them up for adoption.
    The women were given the choice of returning to the sect's Yearning for Zion ranch or going to another safe location.
    About 36 sobbing women - many of them mothers - at the ranch in Eldorado last night said police officers had encircled them and told them that they could not stay.
    One said the women had not even been allowed to say goodbye to their crying children.
    "They said, 'Your children are ours,"' said the 32-year-old, who had been separated from her three sons, aged nine, seven and five. "We could not even ask a question." Scroll down for more...
    Mothers from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ prepare to address reporters

Centre of controversy: The sect's temple, searched throroughly by the FBI

She denied the children at the ranch had been abused but said: "They are being abused from this experience."
    The children had been "so protected and loved" by the sect, she insisted.
    The raid followed a call to a domestic violence hot line from a 16-year-old girl who said she was beaten and raped by her 50-year-old husband.
    But the women say the caller was just a vindictive outsider.
    The mothers and children had been staying at West Texas's high-security Fort Concho, but were taken by bus under heavy security yesterday to the San Angelo Coliseum sportsground, 45 miles from the sect's ranch, before being split up.
    Child protection officials said about two dozen teenage boys had been moved to an unnamed location outside San Angelo with the judge's permission.
    A spokeswoman for Texas's child protection agency said she did not know how many women had stayed with their children.
    She added: "It is not the normal practice to allow parents to accompany the child when an abuse allegation is made."
    Some of the mothers had complained to state governor Rick Perry that the children were falling sick in the crowded fort.
    About 20 children had a mild case of chicken pox, said state doctors.
    A spokesman for Mr Perry said the governor did not believe the children had been housed in poor conditions at the West Texas fort, insisting the accommodations were "clean and neat" but adding: "Let's be honest here, this is not the Ritz." Scroll down for more...
    Marie and fellow mother Brenda, 37, talk with the press at the Yearning for Zion ranch

Texas court officials said more than 350 lawyers had volunteered to represent the children free of charge.
    On top of that, the 139 mothers who left the sect to be with their children will also need lawyers to help them fight for custody.
    "Quite frankly, I'm not sure what we're going to do," Texas District Judge Barbara Walther said after a courtroom conference with the lawyers to establish ground rules for a hearing beginning on Thursday over the fate of the children.
    The secretive nature of the sect - and the indoctrination children receive from birth to mistrust outsiders - have added to the confusion.
    Lawyer Randoll Stout, who hopes to represent some of the children, said the youngsters "seem to change their names. Adults change their names. Children are passed around."
    A church lawyer, Rod Parker, said the 60 or so men remaining on huge ranch have offered to leave the compound if the state would allow the women and children back with child welfare monitors.
    The sect - not connected to the mainstream Mormons - practises polygamy in arranged marriages between under-age girls and older men. Its spiritual leader, Warren Jeffs, is in prison for forcing an under-age youngster into a marriage in Utah.
    In Salt Lake City, dozens of polygamist wives - with children in tow - held a rally to denounce the Texas raid. "Reunite these children with their families. Let them go home," said 18-year-old protester Kent Johnson.

Inside the polygamist 'underage sex cult': Pictures show the grief of mothers who had their children taken away | the Daily Mail

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Normally I'm about parents' rights to have whatever screwed up values they have, but in this case these women are letting their little girls get raped and the fact that it is their religion doesn't matter. Rape/child sex is against the law and they are not above it.

I almost can't read this story ... it all hurts too much and I can't even put my finger on why. It's all so horrifying and fucked up - for ALL parties involved. Clearly, the children need to be protected from this point forward, I just think they are all such victims in this. Makes me horribly sad.

so, sterilize these chicks?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

These woman are so brainwashed, it's painful watching them on TV trying to justify their lives and skirting around the questions about young girls being married off.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    so, sterilize these chicks?
    They need to be reprogrammed and the men need to be locked up forever & sterilized.

Hit By Ban Bus!

So sad...Amerika and the barinwashing machine at its worst... I cant Imagine the mess this is going to turn to.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

These women are why cosmetics are so popular these days. They are almost a walking advertisement, snark!

I know! And their dresses? I would not be dead caught in those things!

^^I know. They look so worn out for their age. Very sad.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

^^Well, if were going to make superficial judgements, than I need to throw in the hair is atrocious!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ I'm sure celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary on your 30th birthday *might* have something to do with the looks department.

OMG you guys! I'm laughing so hard, especailly about the 20th ani. Just listening to them speak is as hard as looking at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    OMG you guys! I'm laughing so hard, especailly about the 20th ani. Just listening to them speak is as hard as looking at them.
    I know-they are so evasive. That one who wanted her children back-for how long?? If she has daughters near 12,it's all over for her as a Mother anyway. Most women are proud of the age they were when married. Not these! Uh-uh.Not going to talk about it. Sick.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

please, like these stupid bints arent as much to blame.. ohhh it's all the mens fault. I dont see any guns to the heads of these women. Brainwashing my ass.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information