Thread: Graffiti artist Banksy creates his biggest work to date

Default Graffiti artist Banksy creates his biggest work to date

Banksy pulled off an audacious stunt to produce what is believed to be his biggest work yet in central London.

The secretive graffiti artist managed to erect three storeys of scaffolding behind a security fence despite being watched by a CCTV camera.
    Then, during darkness and hidden behind a sheet of polythene, he painted this comment on 'Big Brother' society. Scroll down for more...
    'One nation under CCTV': CCTV (pictured top right) failed to catch Banksy

Yesterday the scaffolding gang returned to remove all evidence - again without the camera operator stopping them.
    The work, above a Post Office yard in Newman Street near Oxford Circus, shows a small boy, watched by a security guard, painting the words: 'One nation under CCTV.'
    Andrew Newman, 35, a businessman from Dulwich, who works locally, said: 'It was only on Sunday morning that the Post Offices guys realised what had happened.'
    You're being watched: Despite being observed by CCTV cameras, elusive grafitti artist Baksy managed to create his latest - and biggest - work to date under the cover of darkness

Graffiti artist Banksy pulls off most audacious stunt to date - despite being watched by CCTV | the Daily Mail

how does he get away with nobody seeing him
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

that's great...love it. i really like the message of his pieces. he's gotten so big lately, though. his stuff doesn't seem as unique as it used to.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Words can't describe how much I despise this douche. The only clever thing he ever did was sabotage Banned's CD.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Love it, love it, love it. Banksy rules and this is his best yet.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I love it. Great social commentary.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

he has done some great stuff. his work has a deeper meaning and looks a lot better than what's mostly sprayed on walls. *thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    how does he get away with nobody seeing him
    He's actually a ninja. It's the only thing that makes sense.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Well interesting you said that Grimm, the Daily Mail (who else) had this pic of him in the archives:

This is what he was working on:

Caught in the act: First picture of guerilla graffiti artist Banksy | the Daily Mail

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ Lol

Gah! I can't seem to post...testing... I give up. Here is the link: http://www.banksyny.com/ I tried to post the pictures here and on a new thread but it kept taking me to the home page. This is described as "An artists residency on the streets of New York".

I think his stuff is really cute and clever. It's like he was inspired in the moment by unique features in the environment for a lot of these.

he's been in new york recently and people have been posting instragram pictures of his truck and also one friend saw him and his crew finish a piece and she swears she's sure she knows which one is actually banksy lol
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information