Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN host says California fire victims "hate America"

Thumbs down CNN host says California fire victims "hate America"

Glenn Beck's Producer Stands By Statement

by Hunter
    Tue Oct 23, 2007 at 02:57:59 PM PDT

Yesterday, Glenn Beck said, on his radio program:

I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today.

Today, USA Today got a reaction:

A spokesman for Beck expressed surprise that bloggers are seizing on this quotation as an example of incivility. "To most rational people, unfortunately still means unfortunately," Chris Balfe, the show's producer, tells On Deadline through a spokesman.

So Glenn Beck and his entire staff don't see anything wrong with claiming that some unknown percentage of the half million Southern Californians fleeing wildfires, some of whom have already lost their homes, "hate America". They don't think that part is even in issue at all -- it would only have been a problem if he hadn't added that it was "unfortunate" that these people who "hate America" were losing their homes.

Still no reaction from CNN, but why would there be? Beck was a hateful jackass when they hired him -- of course they support his statements. This isn't like the Imus or Limbaugh cases, where eventually the company is going to show a minimal shred of class.

Daily Kos: Glenn Beck's Producer Stands By Statement
    Wow, what a fucknut.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I like Glenn Beck. He tells it like it is.

How is saying these people "hate america" telling it like it is?

Frankly, this isn't the first stupid thing he's said.. he has a history of spouting off racist, homophobic, assholish comments and has been called on it tons of times.

he's no better than Limbaugh or Imus
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I didn't mean this article in general, just normally on his show he calls and idiot and idiot, if they need to be.
    And don't take his comments personal, he even calls himself out. Hell, he even said he was no better than someone the other day (I can't remember who it was). But he called himself out on having an addiction. I don't think he singles any group out, he hits them all.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Wow... I'm thinking he's singling out whatever would be conisdered the political majority in California?
    Anyway, he sounds like a tard...

Too bad ol Glenn's house didnt go up in flames. I wonder what he'd be saying then.

Maybe he meant Hollywood?

Give me a break.

And Nappy headed ho's was offensive...
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Does he drink a lot, cause that statement doesn't even make sense to me. (Or maybe I'm the one drunk?)
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Does he drink a lot, cause that statement doesn't even make sense to me. (Or maybe I'm the one drunk?)
    He admitted that he's an alcoholic. That's what I like about him, he tells the public has faults and picks on himself but then he dishes it out to others as well.

Do you think he was drunk when he said that? Seriously. Otherwise, what the hell does he mean by that? It literally makes no sense to me.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I think he was probably saying he loves America and that's what they get for saying they hate it. I don't know. It's doesn't sound like all the of statement was posted. I am sure they were probably talking about people hating America or something that had to go along with it.

Here's more about what he said:
    Media Matters - Beck: "[A] handful of people who hate America ... are losing their homes in a forest fire today"

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I fucking hate Glenn Beck; he's fucking retarded, uneducated and a pretentious ASS!! I have no idea how he got a tv show!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ratings, my dear, ratings.

I hate how Nancy Grace cuts to him, calling him "friend" - she does that with everyone. He ignores it, knowing it's fake. I'll bet secretly Nancy hates him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I fucking hate Glenn Beck; he's fucking retarded, uneducated and a pretentious ASS!! I have no idea how he got a tv show!
    He's a fat, turd douchebag. I hate him. He's says this shit, then he brings the bible thumpers on and reads passages out of the bible and says how they pertain to the world today! I hate this guy, not America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information