Thread: Teenage girl admits killing sister but denies murder

Default Teenage girl admits killing sister but denies murder

Teenage girl admits killing sister but denies murder

Last updated at 12:55pm on 4th September 2007
    The 16-year-old girl died after being found with serious injuries at an address in Halifax

function show(boxid) {if (boxid == 'one') { hideall(); showstuff('one');}if (boxid == 'two') { hideall(); showstuff('two')}}function hideall(){hidestuff('one');hidestuff('two');}

A 14-year-old girl today admitted the manslaughter of her 16-year-old sister after a late-night argument in which both girls suffered stab wounds.

The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to the charge at Bradford Crown Court. But she denied a charge of murder and will now face a trial.
    Police and paramedics were called to an address in the Ovenden area of Halifax, West Yorkshire, just before 11pm on Monday, March 26, where two teenage girls were found with stab wounds.
    Both were rushed to hospital in separate ambulances but the older girl died from an injury to her side a short time later.
    The 14-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, suffered minor wounds to her leg in the altercation.
    The girls were believed to have been at home with their mother in Ovenden, Halifax. Police have not revealed anything about the circumstances of the row or what weapon was used.
    The girls' parents are divorced and the 16-year-old only recently returned to live with her younger sister and mother after spending about 18 months at her father's flat.
    The girls' devastated father spoke about the tragedy. He said: "Police called at 2.20am last night and took me took me to the hospital. I'm shocked. I have been there all night.
    "She was my daughter and I loved her. She was a beautiful girl who loved life."
    He said that although he lived less than a mile away from his ex-wife's home he didn't see his daughters on a regular basis.
    He added that he had a stricter approach to parenting the girls than his more liberalminded ex-wife. "They argued as all teenagers do," he said.
    The parents, who are both jobless, also have a 17-year-old daughter who lives elsewhere. Neighbours said the girl who died had moved back with her mother weeks earlier.
    Her boyfriend, who was older than her, was allowed to sleep there despite her father's objections. The girls' mother was being comforted by relatives.
    Their maternal grandmother said of the older sister: "She was a very nice girl, lovely girl. All the children are nice and well-behaved.
    "I don't know what has happened, that is one of the worst things about it."
    The pensioner said the dead girl had been still at school, but was uncertain about a future career. She said: "She wanted at one stage to be a policewoman, but she kept changing her mind. She was always wanting to be busy."

Teenage girl admits killing sister but denies murder | the Daily Mail

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

All the children are nice and well-behaved if you disregard the knife fights.

GET A JOB! These parents sound like such role models.

Being jobless doesn't mean they taught their daughter to kill...
    I know people who have been unemployed for various reasons, and they were very nice, good people who hit a hard time. Their kids were very well behaved and very well taken care of.
    I think that the parents of any kids can only be responsible for so much...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    Being jobless doesn't mean they taught their daughter to kill...
    I know people who have been unemployed for various reasons, and they were very nice, good people who hit a hard time. Their kids were very well behaved and very well taken care of.
    I think that the parents of any kids can only be responsible for so much...
    I agree but it sounds like there was more to it than just unemployment-letting the boyfriend sleep there..the father not seeing the kids but only living a mile away...jsut sounds..not right..know what I mean? just fishy. Does not sound like a good family situation at all.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Oh, I didn't say it did make them kill, I was saying it made them lazy ass bums. You can always get a job, whether it's at a fast food joint or a convenience store and when you have 3 children to put clothes on and to feed, I think that should be top priority. But yeah, Soj, pretty much finished my sentence, you can tell the mom was a piece of shit....she didn't have a job and allowed her underage daughter to shack up with her boyfriend....to me that's not right and not good parenting. Just my opinion though.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm sure they had the knife fight totally sober, too.

I guess what I was saying is just because the parent is a piece of shit doesn't make the kid a murderer.
    Agree she wouldn't win any mother of the year award, but I think it is a stretch to assume that being unemployed/bad mother would automatically turn the kid into a murderer...

I guess what I was saying is just because the parent is a piece of shit doesn't make the kid a murderer.
    Agree she wouldn't win any mother of the year award, but I think it is a stretch to assume that being unemployed/bad mother would automatically turn the kid into a murderer...
    ok I agree with this as well..but then I wonder what did make a 14 year old girl murder her sister? drugs? craziness? drunk?? was abused as a child and went whacko? There just has to be more than 'she just got in a fight with knives and stabbed her sister to death right?

*agree about the employment thing as well..but shit I cannot even get a fast food job here-they will only hire immigrants or teens! Same with a convenience store-plus my bad credit would keep me froms some of these..hell I almost did not get into this TRAILER PARK-they do criminal and credit checks- and the owner of the park had to make a special exception himself so I could move here. The jobfinding/housing thing is sometimes harder than it appears.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

It's possible that she had some anger issues because of the way she grew up, I don't know...I was raised poor and abused, and I haven't killed anyone...I have thought about it, but..
    Really, I think that a bad childhood exscuse can only go so far. At some point you have to get past that (if at all possible-sometimes, sadly, it's not) and start to think for yourself.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

jeebus me and my sister have fought but shit. And it would be the younger one killing the older one b/c the younger one is usually the bully w/ the older one using their brains to think about the consequences of their actions and not going too far like that. My poor messed up (cracked and half-broken) two front teeth can tell you about that!

It's possible that she had some anger issues because of the way she grew up, I don't know...I was raised poor and abused, and I haven't killed anyone...I have thought about it, but..
    Really, I think that a bad childhood exscuse can only go so far. At some point you have to get past that (if at all possible-sometimes, sadly, it's not) and start to think for yourself.
    You're reading to much into my first statement. I wasn't saying it was the parents fault that the girl did this.....I was just commenting that the parents needed to get a job. I wasn't relating to two issues together, I was just saying parents with 3 children need to be working.

Yeah, and I agreed that the parents are pretty trashy for not working and letting the boyfriend stay over...I was actually referring to Soj's post...

ok I agree with this as well..but then I wonder what did make a 14 year old girl murder her sister? drugs? craziness? drunk?? was abused as a child and went whacko? There just has to be more than 'she just got in a fight with knives and stabbed her sister to death right?

Thread Information