Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobless couple with 12 children are given a £500,000 home

Default Jobless couple with 12 children are given a £500,000 home

It's the type of highly-desirable family home that is well beyond the reach of many middle-class professionals.

A detached period house, with eight bedrooms, a garden, its own driveway and all set in a leafy residential area of well-to-do Newbury, Berkshire.
    But Carl and Samantha Gillespie - together with their 12 children - have been able to move in without paying the slightest heed to Britain's sky-rocketing house prices.
    In fact the couple have been given the keys without lifting a finger in work. Scroll down for more...
    The Gillespie family: Karl , Samantha and their 12 children

Read more...

It has been revealed that the couple - neither of whom work and who receive an astonishing £44,000 in benefits a year - have been housed in the £500,000 property by their local council.
    West Berkshire County Council gave them the keys after their previous council home burnt down in a blaze sparked by one of the couple's children.
    The decision was greeted with anger and incredulity by the couple's new neighbours, many of whom have spent years working hard to struggle up the property ladder.
    The Gillespies have been dubbed 'Britain's biggest scroungers' and are the most notorious example of people taking advantage of our generous benefits system. Scroll down for more...
    The £500, 000 8-bedroom house that the family have been given in Newbury

They receive the equivalent of £44,000 a year in benefits, a figure made up of £1,500 a month housing benefit; £1,200 a month child tax credit; £560 a month child benefits; £280 job seeker's allowance and £1,600 a year in council tax.
    Former book-keeper Samantha, 35, had five children from a previous relationship when she married Carl, who used to work as a door-to-door salesman. They are Craig, 16, Adam, 14, Jack, 13, Rebekah, 11, and Harry, nine.
    The couple then had seven of their own: twins Parris-Jordan and Kesla Blu, eight; twins Mason and Peaches, six; Logan, four, and the three-year-old twins Skye and Kalifornya.
    When asked why they don't work, the couple say that looking after their children is a full time job. And they claim they would earn less working than they do claiming the dole.
    Mr Gillespie has revealed that he quit a job at stacking shelves at Asda before he had even started, when he realised the £300 a week he would earn would result in a £400 benefits cut. He said: "Some people may think we're a bunch of spongers, but it's not true." His wife added: "I was born to have children, it's what I am here for."

Jobless couple with 12 children are given a £500,000 home | the Daily Mail

What self centered dolts! And to think they get REWARDED! Nope.
    Not gonna happen here. Time to cut back on this, IMO. Radically.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Welcome to the British welfare system. It's crap like this that makes be bless the day I left that nuthouse forever.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

...umm... hello? Birth control anyone?

Better yet: give either parent a job and we'll miraculously see the amount of children go down.
    Go Habs Go!!

A*O

So let's do some math. 12 kiddies being raised at the taxpayers' expense. When they reach 16 (the cut off point for welfare) those 12 kiddies will become parents too and go back on welfare because they don't understand the concept of 'work' and "I love having children. It's what I am here for". Those 12 teenage parents will pop out more babies for the next few years - say an average of 3 each, although some may follow in grandma's footsteps and have 12 kiddies too - and they will ALL have to be housed, fed, clothed, educated, given free healthcare, etc by idiots like you and me who work, pay taxes and generally do the right thing. I seriously think people should be sterilized at birth and then EARN the privilege of having kids once they've proved they can raise them without bludging off the State.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

wow. That is so pathetic.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

What a sad and pathetic example they are setting for their children. I so agree with A*O, the children will think this is how the world works and that they are entitled to sit back and let someone else pay for their free ride. It disgusts me.

Holy shit! That is just insane and ridiculous. Shit after this story I would not be surprised if the percentage of Brits on the dole and not working would skyrocket even more(per the other thread on this subject)

*so if they have 12 kids..and each of those starts a family with 12 kids and none of them work..and then those 144 kids then have families with 12 kids where none works...omg...

How do they get a 1200 pound child tax credit..if they do not even work and pay taxes???
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

A*O, we must have worked in the same field. There was some welfare reform here in the states about 5 years ago, now a lot of states have limits on the number of years a family unit can be on welfare. The same thing was happening, kids of welfare moms and dads would have babies and end up with their own case when they turned 18. Hopefully this reform will help the abuse of the system. It will take some time to see, however.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

That's ridiculous, and you know that the cycle will just continue. How could it not when your chav children are named Parris-Jordan, Kesla Blu, Peaches, and Kalifornya?

A*O

And don't forget the FLOOD of immigrants going into the UK because they can go straight onto welfare while their cases are assessed (it takes YEARS). These people also get fully subsidised housing, education, healthcare, etc etc. They also try to breed ASAP so they have a "British" baby and therefore can't be deported. This is nothing new BTW, it has been going on for decades. And if you dare suggest that these people might have their benefits reduced or withdrawn they go straight to the European Court of Human Rights claiming discrimination and erosion of their civil liberties. And the Court usually agrees! It's a complete joke. Meanwhile the people who really need State support like old age pensioners, the disabled, etc have to put up with all kinds of crap because there's a 'lack of funding'. Yeah, it's all being spent on the Albanian gypsy families with 15 kids who make a living begging in the streets when they're not down at the Social Security offices collecting their benefit handouts. I could go on...........

i'm so disgusted at this, I have no words. So they burnt down their previous house and were rewarded? Fucking leeches.

ugh. i have to stop reading crap like this or i'm going to start supporting forced sterilisations
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It makes me sick! My hubby and I work every day, and have since we were teenagers, and make decent money. We are not given shit!!!!
    It irritates me to no end to see people doing this. Living off my tax dollar. I see people living in shitty little houses and driving escalades and wearing 200 dollar shoes. And all they do is ride around. No jobs-spitting out kids every year or so to keep the benefits coming...

My blood is beginning to boil...I have to stop now
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    That's ridiculous, and you know that the cycle will just continue. How could it not when your chav children are named Parris-Jordan, Kesla Blu, Peaches, and Kalifornya?
    I'm sure that Peaches has a wonderful career in front of her as a stripper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information