Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: 4-Year olds accidentally served daiquiris in restaurant

^^Oh yea---we got Ginger Ale when our tummies were bothering us, otherwise, hell no. It was a big damn deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^Oh yea---we got Ginger Ale when our tummies were bothering us, otherwise, hell no. It was a big damn deal.
    We got to order it and because it is less sweet seemed like a totally grown up thing!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I always wanted virgin strawberry daiquiris when I was a kid and the restaurant served them. That and virgin pina coladas. I loved the stuff. And neither one of my parents has ever ordered one. My parents are ex-soviets, they have their liquor straight up none of that sissy strawberry slushie stuff!
    LynnieD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Well, gee, maybe then parents shouldn't go into a restaurant and order a "non-alcoholic" version of an adult's mixed drink from the bar as a "treat" for their kids without taking a sip first to make sure that the "virgin" daiquiri was not an alcoholic one considering that they look the exact same. Next time, order the kid a fucking dish of ice cream.
    My kiddos have enjoyed many a mock tail. There aren't a lot of treat options for lactose intolerant kiddos at restaurants.

Ans, as others have mentioned, the daiquiris and margaritas are just slushed with a shit ton of fruit and fun mini umbrellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I always wanted virgin strawberry daiquiris when I was a kid and the restaurant served them. That and virgin pina coladas. I loved the stuff. And neither one of my parents has ever ordered one. My parents are ex-soviets, they have their liquor straight up none of that sissy strawberry slushie stuff!
    I approve this post! *cheers to Mom & Dad*

If anything, a daiquiri is a kid's drink but with lots of booze in it. It's colourful and sweet and appealing to kids (big kids like me included).
    shedevilang and southernbelle like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

my dad used to give me sips of beer at ball games. today he'd be incarcerated in a high security prison for that.
    shedevilang and greysfang like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If you like pińa coladas and getting caught in the rain...

I'm craving a good fruity drink now.
    shedevilang and Beeyotch like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I approve this post! *cheers to Mom & Dad*
    Haha thanks Lynnie! I remember talking to my dad after the first time I went out to the bar and telling him I had vodka & sprite. The man was appalled! Apparently that's not how we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    my dad used to give me sips of beer at ball games. today he'd be incarcerated in a high security prison for that.
    When I was teething I used to suck on the rims of empty schooner glasses (well they were empty when I'd finished with them) and when we were school-age my mum used to give us a tiny glass of watered-down sherry at night, I guess so we'd go to sleep. On special occasions we had blackberry nip and lemonade. So yes, I was a boozer from a very early age. Wasn't anyone thinking of the children? No, because they were all too drunk to care (including us kids)!

None of us have become alcoholics, in fact we don't drink much at all (not as often as I'd like anyway).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I am like lynnie in a way, my kids (2 and 4.5) have never had soda, but they do have a little bit of 100% juice, water and special treats are something like lemonade and fruit punch.

I have to admit though that I have given my 4 year old tiny sips of alcoholic drinks (aka "big people drinks"). Only because I knew it would cure her of asking me to share because she ends up thinking it tastes like shit. My husband side-eyed me when I gave her a sip of beer, but after that she said it's horrible and she never wants me to share any of my "big people" drinks with her. Problem solved. He was most impressed with my bad parenting.

My parents would give us sips of Blackberry Brandy or Ginger Brandy if we had certain allflictions. Ginger for tummy issues and pain. Blackberry for pain control. I broke my wrist once--the bone was literally poking out of my skin and I didn't get a single Tylenol or any kind of pain relief---I got Blackberry Brandy. Which did NOT help the situation.

Funny how Aspirin, all that was the devil, yet Brandy was fine.

Sorry for the OT rant.

Shirley Temples don't have booze, there's no alki version, it's ginger ale & grenadine. Other than that, it happened, parents should have taste tested first. Wonder if my daughter ever got accidentally snockered? But I do have a giant ego, so I insisted she order virgin daquiris.

ETA: Lynnie, you're a bit of a hippie huh?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i used to take sips of my dad's beer too. it's funny, i loved beer as a kid, thought it was delicious. then i hated it for years and years and didn't start drinking it again until a few years ago.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Shirley Temples don't have booze, there's no alki version, it's ginger ale & grenadine. Other than that, it happened, parents should have taste tested first. Wonder if my daughter ever got accidentally snockered? But I do have a giant ego, so I insisted she order virgin daquiris.

ETA: Lynnie, you're a bit of a hippie huh?
    Another egomanica mother here. My daugher always got virgin drinks when we went out. I come from a long line of ego-centric parenting though, as my parents also ordered them for me as a child. I must also be a bad mother since I never felt the need to taste my child's drink to make sure our order was correct. How dare these mothers want to see something put in place to make sure no other children get served? It's all their fault since they ordered the drinks, that the establishment offers. I hope someone has called child protection sevices so these kids can be taken away from these egotistical mothers. Thank God my kid made it safely to 18 before someone reported me for serving her frozen drinks!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information