Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: 4-Year olds accidentally served daiquiris in restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    My parents let us order virgin daquiris or pina coladas, even -omg- shirley temples. Who knew they were egomaniacs?

Realy you wished to have such a drink as a treat, and not something like ice-crem? And as a 4 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    My parents let us order virgin daquiris or pina coladas, even -omg- shirley temples. Who knew they were egomaniacs?
    yeah, same. i don't see what the big deal is.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Really. daquiris are just slushy ices in a glass. And i've always liked lime/lemon flavored anything. And pina coladas are milkshakes.

But now I understand it was my mother's big ego, and not my own taste. Thanks for enlightening me.
    shedevilang likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I ordered my son a Roy Rogers once and they brought out a Rob Roy. Luckily, I could smell it a mile away or I would have a little drunk 7 year old...He probably would have took a drink and spewed it all over me...Rob Roys' probably don't taste as good as daiquiris.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by anad View Post
    Realy you wished to have such a drink as a treat, and not something like ice-crem? And as a 4 year old?
    I loved ordering mock cocktails as a child.

ETA: Sorry for the double post.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Count me in as another kid that loved daiquiries and shirley temples. My mother was not a drinker either, so I doubt that it had anything to do with her ego.
    shedevilang likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My dad used to sneak me beer, but I always loved the wine coolers!

Quote Originally Posted by anad View Post
    yeah. really. i loved getting a big, pretty cocktail all decked out with umbrellas and fruit. i felt like such a grown-up. not to mention it was pretty delicious.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would go nuts over cocktails as a kid. Didn't care what was in them but the umbrellas and all the plastic crap on them just fascinated me. Glad the kids were ok and that the mothers are not suing. Surprised it didn't happen in Applebees where they have a history of this sort of thing...
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah. really. i loved getting a big, pretty cocktail all decked out with umbrellas and fruit. i felt like such a grown-up. not to mention it was pretty delicious.

Ok. Good for you for beeing interested in trying somthing grown up and liking it .
    I too liked little umrellas and this things that looked like tinsel on sicks, in my sweets, when i was little. but at the age of 4 i was happy having them in my ice-crem or hot-choclate. trying grow up things was not so much interesting for me until a little later (maybe around starting school). maybe i could not handle to much different tastes in one dish, or for some other reason, i am not aware of. and so did the other 4 year olds, i knew and know.
    but ilearned today that there are more then one little child out there thats likes it.
    point taken.

I liiiived for mocktails when I was kid. Plastic swords and umbrellas? Sign me the fuck up!
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I loved ordering virgin drinks as a kid. My favorite was the strawberry daquiri. They were like giant slushies with accessories.

So someone fucked up the order. Wah. Get over it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My parents also allowed us to have Shirley Temples growing up. No mock anything else---just Shirley Temples. These were the same people that wouldn't allow soda on the table ( in a restaurant---and absolutely never allowed in our house), or salt in our house, or sugar. And don't even think about ordering anything fried. Broiled or grilled or the like, or raw.

My girls are 8 & 5---they have never had a soda, or a Shirley Temple or anything other than WATER and maybe milk here and there, and a special treat is juice. Yup. But would I allow them a Shirley Temple? Yes. I would. But no foofy drinks. That's just me.

I guess it wouldn't even occur to me to order a Mocktail for my kids--other than the Shirley Temple.

We always got a big haha by ordering straight gin-ger ale. I have no idea why that was such a yuk.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information