Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Monroe: New FBI docs claim Kennedys "assisted suicide"

A*O

Default Marilyn Monroe: New FBI docs claim Kennedys "assisted suicide"

Nothing we didn't already know or suspect, but now there's documentary proof.

Suicide pack? - World - theage.com.au
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member

Post The Kennedys set up Marilyn Monroe's suicide

Apparently the Kennedy's, Peter Lawford,her psyche and housekeeper 'induced' her suicide

FBI File Links Kennedy to Monroe's Death

Sydney Morning Herald 17/3/2007

I saw this on the news tonight as well, but it came across more as a publicity stunt for an upcoming movie. Im calling BS on this one ( at least for the so called "evidence")

One thing that struck me about the article was that it said Kennedy told Marilyn "not to worry" about being fired from 20th Century Fox. Actually, Marilyn had worked things out with Fox before her death and things seemed to be looking for her. Marilyn's mysterious death is a cottage industry, and I'm not sure we will ever know the truth since all the principals are dead, except for her press agent, Pat Newcomb. And that lady ain't talking, which makes me think she was paid off.

^ what the chick with the bob said

Bronze Member

Yeah, I know what you're saying.
    ediebrooks...that jumped out at me 'cause 20th CF had negotiated a new contract with her, which would have made her the highest paid female star ever.
    Did y'all click the other links at the smh? I read the other article and it had a link there to the FBI file but I couldn't be bothered wading thru them
    Don't really know what to think...on one hand if it's true it explains a lot.......
    on the other hand Hoover was a complete crook and woudn't be above fabricating evidence for future blackmail

She was greatly troubled. I don't think she was ever really happy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

DH and I always suspected that the Kennedys were behind Marilyn's death.

Elite Member

There's nothing really new in the article. Any Marilyn fan should read Goddess by Anthony Summers; he seems to be the only journo who has even come close to finding any real thought provoking evidence/documents.

"Goddess" is probably the most reliable Marilyn biography. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Also "The Last Take" is pretty good.

Edie and others...

Do you know if the American public knew of the JFK/MM affair when it was happening? I've read that Jackie knew. In today's world we'd know, but back then as far as I can tell, President's were very protected.

My father told me that FDR was never photographed walking on crutches or in his wheelchair. Whenever the cameras were turned on, he was already seated. The public knew he was disabled but his privacy was respected.

Bronze Member

chalet...you're right! that's why Hoover and the FBI had such power over politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Edie and others...

Do you know if the American public knew of the JFK/MM affair when it was happening? I've read that Jackie knew. In today's world we'd know, but back then as far as I can tell, President's were very protected.

My father told me that FDR was never photographed walking on crutches or in his wheelchair. Whenever the cameras were turned on, he was already seated. The public knew he was disabled but his privacy was respected.
    As far as politicians and celebs being protected back then, it's true. Fact is that JFK once had his mistress, the girl who also was a mistress to that mob boss Giancano, sitting behind him DURING A PRESS CONFERENCE at the White House. All the press present knew who she was, but not a single one mentioned it in their commentaries.
    That said: it has been proven and disproven by countless scientists both that Marilyn COULD and couldn't have taken the vital dose herself (some claims said she was given an enema with the drugs). Hoover sure had his reasons to make the Kennedy's look bad, but as much as I admire their politics in general, it can't be denied they were far from choir boys.....
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thanks. Makes sense. I think I prefer a bit of intrigue these days.

Son of a ......that's messed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information