Thread: Rush Limbaugh nominated for Nobel Peace prize

Default Rush Limbaugh nominated for Nobel Peace prize

Yes kids, truth is stranger than fiction.

Landmark Legal Foundation Nominates Rush Limbaugh for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Landmark Legal Foundation today nominated nationally syndicated radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

Limbaugh, whose daily radio show is heard by more than 20 million people on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the world, was nominated for the prestigious award for his "nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. These are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world," said Landmark President Mark R. Levin.

"Rush Limbaugh is the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today," explained Levin. "Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is fitting that the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful world for future generations."

The Nobel Peace Prize, which is given by a committee of the Norwegian Storting (the Norwegian Parliament), was created by inventor Alfred Nobel in his will in 1896 to be given to the individual or organization who "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding of peace congresses." The first Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1901 to Henry Dunant and Frederic Passy.

Should Limbaugh become the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, he will receive the Nobel Peace Prize medal and a cash award of $10 million Norwegian Kroner (approximately $1.6 million). The prize would be presented at a ceremony in the Oslo City Hall presided over by King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway on December 10, 2007, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death. As the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, Limbaugh would deliver the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Lecture at that ceremony.

Founded in 1976, Landmark Legal Foundation is the leading conservative public interest law firm in the United States. Rush Limbaugh serves as an unpaid member of Landmark's Board of Advisors.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2007020...el_peace_prize

Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

This isn't from the Onion? Well, the nobel did nominate that gangster raymond washington once right?

All kinds of people can be nominated. It doesn't mean all that much.

But it's the thought that counts. And is excruciatingly hilarious to boot.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

... so it's not satire? Are you fucking serious?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Why don't they nominate Bill O'Reilly, too, while they're at it?

I refuse to believe this, it MUST be a joke.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I guess anyone can be nominated.

Well, if Ryan Seacrest the nobody can get a star on the hollywood walk of fame, Rush Limbaugh can get a Nobel Prize..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

when i clicked on this link i thought was joke..wth? *absurd*

Thread Information