Thread: Steve Irwin Memorial - Get your DVD Now!

A*O

Default Steve Irwin Memorial - Get your DVD Now!

Irwin memorial on DVDSeptember 29, 2006 - 4:18PM

The special public memorial held last week in honour of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin will be released on DVD, his manager and long-time friend says.

John Stainton today announced the service titled He Changed Our World, staged at the Crocoseum at the Irwin family's Australia Zoo wildlife park on the Sunshine Coast last Wednesday, would be available by October 14 through EMI Music Australia.

Up to 300 million people around the world watched the service, which featured tributes from international stars Russell Crowe, Cameron Diaz, Hugh Jackman and Justin Timberlake.

All royalties from the special edition DVD would go to Steve's Wildlife Warriors fund to support work with endangered species, habitat protection and running the zoo's wildlife hospital.

"We have been overwhelmed by the reaction to the television broadcast which seems to have captured the love and emotion that filled the 5,000-seat Crocoseum," Mr Stainton said in a statement.

EMI Music Australia managing director John O'Donnell said the DVD contributed to "the preservation of Steve's memory".

Irwin died after a stingray plunged its barb into his chest in a freak accident off the far north Queensland coast on September 4, prompting shock and disbelief worldwide.

AAP
    Source: Melbourne Age 29/9/06

More grandstanding from Steve's 'business manager' John Stainton. I guess he's wondering how he's going to make a living now his meal ticket has gone on permanent walkabout. Oh, and he's already spruiking "Bindi - The Crocodile Princess" as a future TV opportunity. She's already got a range of merchandise out there so I guess this is the next logical step for an 8yr old who's just lost her dad. You have to wonder what her mother's role in all this is.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Well Bindi Sue needs a Cadillac! What do you expect AO? Decency? Behaving in a less attention whore money grubbing way?

I really don't think I would want to purchase a DVD of a memorial service. That seems a little morbid to me.

Didn't they have this (or at least videos) of Diana's memorial too, of which (part of ) the proceeds went to her favorite charities? I vaguely seem to remember something like that......
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    I really don't think I would want to purchase a DVD of a memorial service. That seems a little morbid to me.
    Oh the Aussies just love a good morb
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm actually speechless that they were able to make the deal and get this out before the ink was dry on the contract.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

A*O

Slightly OT but did you know that the external genitalia of a female stingray is not dissimilar to that of a woman and in days of yore bored and frustrated sailors used to catch stingrays for a little R&R during those long voyages.

^ ewww yuck; you're kidding me right I'd rather go same-sex than animal sex! -& im straight btw.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; October 25th, 2006 at 06:39 PM.

A*O

No I'm not kidding. Next time you go to an aquarium and they have one of those big glass tunnels etc you'll see the stingrays resting on the glass and if you care to look closely (!!) you'll see exactly what I mean.

Don't be so prissy Alice. In the Mitch thread, that link shows a guy having sex with a lobster (of was it a crab?). Anyway, Seafood Sex is all the rage at the moment so don't knock it until you've tried it.

^^^ WHAT THE HELL???? Sex with a lobster? How the hell is that even possible?
    I have to agree with Alice Id rather go same sex than sex with marine life or any kind of animal life for that matter. My questions are 1) how long can a stingray live outside of water? and 2) I wonder how many sailors died from a barb while in "action"? How do you explain that one to the widow?

Don't be so prissy Alice.
    I know right! im such a prude sometimes ... I should go back to college and 'try' some more things.

Thread Information