Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Dutch police discover family locked away for years on farm

Default Dutch police discover family locked away for years on farm

Lots of unanswered questions here...

AMSTERDAM — Six young adults and their father were receiving medical treatment on Tuesday after Dutch police acting on a tip-off discovered them locked away in a secret room at an isolated farm, officials in the Netherlands said on Tuesday.
    The six, aged 18 to 25, and their ailing father were found near Ruinerwold, a village in the northern province of Drenthe, local Mayor Roger de Groot said. They had apparently had no contact with the outside world for nine years.
    De Groot said a 58-year-old man, not the father of the children, was arrested at the farm. His role was unclear.
    “As far as I know their mother died before they arrived there,” he said. “Police found makeshift living quarters where the family was living in hiding.”
    The family, who according to local news reports had been waiting for the end of time, was discovered after one of the siblings escaped and sought help at a nearby cafe.
    An employee at the cafe told RTV Drenthe one of the family members, a 25-year-old man, had come in looking scruffy and bewildered with long hair and said he had not been outside for nine years.

“You could see he had no idea where he was or what he was doing,” the cafe owner, Chris Westerbeek, told the broadcaster. “He said he had run away and that he urgently needed help.”
    The siblings and their father, who was reportedly bedridden after a stroke, were receiving treatment at an undisclosed location, the mayor said.
    “I understand there are a lot of questions,” de Groot said. We have many too. The police are investigating all possible scenarios.”
    The siblings had apparently lived in a hidden cellar and survived on vegetables and animals tended in a secluded garden, local TV RTV Drenthe reported. (Reporting by Stephanie van den Berg; Writing by Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Catherine Evans)
    https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...-years-on-farm

Freaky. It's a real-life Kimmy Schmidt situation.

I want to know more but I don't!
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Now this is strange. How do you lock up grown men?
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It says the family had been "waiting for the end of time". Maybe it was meant to be a shelter and they went there voluntarily, but for whatever reason this guy decided to lock them up from the outside? Weird.
    holly and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Now this is strange. How do you lock up grown men?
    Really. They could have come together and ganged up on that guy. Maybe we they are severely mentally challenged.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Did they even have streaming cable?
    HWBL likes this.

If they hadn't been out in nine years and their births weren't registered (as per other articles), they may have been isolated and brainwashed since they were little. Like that Turpin family in California where some were adults but never left.
    Kittylady, Novice, HWBL and 3 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I think we have some members who live in the Netherlands, hopefully they'll post more info as it comes out.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^oh yeah, I think HWBL lives there.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Apparently the guy they've arrested is Austrian
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I want to know more but I don't!
    I definitely want to know more! These stories fascinate me in a morbid way. I want all the gory details.
    twitchy2.0, lindsaywhit and Sarzy like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ok read a online Dutch article and tried to translate (with the help of google translate and I am not fluent in english so bear with me especially since the article had a lot of Dutch idioms)

Father and five children found in cellar in Drenthe for years, "waiting for the end of time"
    The police have found a family in a remote farm in the village of Ruinerwold in Drenthe who lived in complete isolation and would have waited for the end of time. The family had been in a cellar for years. It is about a man with five children. The 58-year-old tenant of the building was arrested at the property.

Local residents report that a man came to the farm every day in a Volvo. "He had fully renovated it ," one of them says. "It was a ruin before." The farm had been surrounded by high fences for several years. "I always saw only one man there," says another. ,, he was there every day. But I don't know anything about children. ”

The case started unfolding yesterday when a 25-year-old man reported himself in a confused state at a pub in his hometown. The police were then called and found the family at their home address. The police searched the abandoned-looking and boarded-up farm and discovered a staircase to a cellar behind a cupboard. The father and five other children were there, all between the ages of 16 and 25. Their father was in bed.
    the family kept themselves alive with a vegetable garden and a goat. Neighbors thought that only one man lived in the farm, although one of them now says that he has seen children around the farm before. The family was taken by the police and taken to a recreation park. The children would have had no idea that there were other people in the world. Only a few geese and a dog were walking around the farm

The building is in the name of the wife of a prominent resident of Ruinerwold, Klaas Rooze However, this family said they know nothing. They only rented the building. "We are speechless that something like this has happened in our house," says wife Alida Rooze. ,, We knew nothing at all. We have rented this building to one person for a number of years, but now read in the media that apparently there was still a man with children. We have no idea who this is. "

Neighbors are appalled by the news. "I am shaking on my legs," says the neighbor of the farm where the family was found.

The police report about the find in Ruinerwold:
    the investigation started as a result of a visit by one of the children of the family to the local pub, Café de Kastelein. Owner Chris Westerbeek smelled trouble and called the police. According to the bar owner, Last Sunday evening, I saw the man on the terrace of the Kastelein. "He looked around confused," he says to the newspaper Dagblad van het Noorden. "This man looked unkempt, had long hair and said he needed help and had never been to school."

However, it was not the first time that the pub owner saw the confused man on the terrace. According to Westerbeek, the 25-year-old man visited the pub several times in recent days. He saw the man for the first time a week and a half ago. "He ordered five beers and drank them himself," said Westerbeek. Then the stranger told me that he was walking from Meppel. After Westerbeek called the police, his agents went to see where the visitor was heading, but he was already out of sight. Last Sunday he was sitting on the terrace of the cafe of Westerbeek. ,, I started to have a chat. That was difficult because the man seemed unworldly, "said Westerbeek.

Two residents of Ruinerwold met the confused man several times in recent days at café De Kastelijn. "He said he had not been outside for nine years and had never attended school," said 28-year-old Jeffrey to the Dagblad van het Noorden. The family kept themselves alive because a person outside the family provided them with groceries and money. The confused man sought help, according to the residents. ,, He said he didn't know what to do and that he was looking for help. But because he had no proof of ID.

Ruinerwold is a village of approximately 4,000 inhabitants in the southwest of Drenthe. The family lived a little outside the village, in the hamlet of Berghuizen. Less than 200 people live there. The family lived on a farm just a short distance from the road. A bridge runs to it. The farm can only be reached via a dirt road. The area surrounding the farm is closed off by the police. The yard looks messy from a distance. There is a huge vegetable garden in the yard and there are many sheds. There are many trees on the site.

An employee of Christian primary school De Arendsvleugel indicates that nothing is known about the family in the village. ,, We know nothing about a family that has withdrawn from compulsory education or has suddenly disappeared. We are speculating off course. If the youngest is 16, and they disappeared years ago, then they must have had children of primary school age at the time.

According to a local resident, the arrested man is not the father of the family.
    He refused to cooperate with the police. The police cannot say anything about the identity of the man
    "He thought he was Jesus"
    found this videa in dutch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    ^oh yeah, I think HWBL lives there.
    LOL, I first read about it on GR!!!! From what I understand, not too much info is given by the local authorities because of privacy reasons. But a full investigation is going on. That's all she wrote
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

This article is from rtl.de. The guy who was at the pub is Jon Z. He has a mystery Facebook page. At the link, there are photos of him, but his eyes are blurred. I used Google translate. There is a chance the translation isn't 100% correct.

https://www.rtl.de/cms/flucht-vom-ho...t-4421286.html
    October 16, 2019 - 3:03 pm
    Jan Z. was active on Facebook, Instagram and Co.

For nine years, six siblings are said to have been imprisoned on a farm in the Dutch town of Ruinerwold. Without life around her. Supposedly they did not even know that there are other people in the world. On Tuesday, one of the grown-up siblings appeared in a village pub in the neighboring village. 25-year-old Jan Z. brought the case to light. But now a mysterious Facebook page of the young man appears, which raises questions.
    Jan Z. probably worked as an online store manager for Josef B.
    On July 21, the 25-year-old also appeared on his side and published a selfie.
    © Facebook

On 01. August 2010, Jan Z. posted in his profile on Facebook that he moved to Ruinerwold. After that, nothing happened on his side for nine years. He does not have friends. Only in the summer of this year he became active again. In June, he stated that he works as an online store manager for Creconat in the town of Meppel near Ruinerwold. Some of his graphic designs even posted Jan in profile.
    According to RTL information, it is a creative agency; in the commercial register, it is assigned to the arrested Josef B. The 58-year-old Austrian is the tenant of the farm on which the family lived. There, the police had found five siblings and the bedridden father. You are currently being cared for.

On July 21, the 25-year-old also appeared on his side and published a selfie. He has long blond hair, a beard and wears a yellow, wide-cut T-shirt. He looks cheerfully into the camera. In September, he even outed as a climate protector and posted several nature pictures. He also announced that he would participate in a climate strike on 27 September. On other, apparently even earlier shots, you can see him meditating outdoors in a meadow or sitting inside in front of a laptop. Some of his posts have more than ten likes and comments, he writes in Dutch and English.

Then dark pictures follow at night from a building in Ruinerwold and a town sign. "Where was this picture taken?" Asks the 25-year-old in the post from 12 October. Two days later, he appears in the village pub and asks the landlord for help.

Jan Z. is also on the road in other social media. On Instagram, he has subscribed to nearly 250 followers and 50 people. On his Twitter profile, he likes to show his very special affection for trees. There he announced in May that he also opened a webshop. "Our first project is about the creative use of wood, why do we choose wood, just look at a tree, and your creative mind will explode, given the countless possibilities a tree provides," he tweeted a few days later.

Currently, the police are trying to figure out what's up with the many social media profiles. There are still many questions unanswered, officials said Wednesday. It is still completely unclear in which relationship Josef B. stood with the family. Also, why she ever lived on the farm. According to the Dutch media, they were waiting there for the end of time.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information