Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Swimmer DQ'd over Swimsuit

Default Swimmer DQ'd over Swimsuit

I'm terrible at posting articles, so here's the link:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ile-story.html

This makes me really mad. I was on swim team growing up, my entire childhood was spent in the pool. This is the team issued suit for her high school, she has no control over the fit of the suit on her body. If you are any curvier than a box the way suits fit your body isn't under your control. I can't tell you how many times I had suit issues over the years and you just keep swimming until the race is over (I mean, within reason, if a boob is popping out due to a crappy dive you'll fix that in your turn somehow).

This judge is completely out of line. I'm glad to see that they overturned the ruling, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

In related news, Alaskan school swim meet officials issued a special commendation medal to the woman who held her skirt down while jumping off the World Trade Center.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Modesty must always apply.

Mo - I am ass for even laughing at that, it's so morbid.

czb

i feel bad for this young woman. she was targeted. glad they appealed.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Racist fucks. Missing from the daily news piece, the girl in question is biracial and curvier than her teammates. The suit is standard issued by the school to all the athletes, and she was punished for how that suit looks on her versus her white and less curvy teammates. Iím glad they overturned this but I canít even begin to imagine how humiliated the poor girl was. This is like that fucking mortifying incident with the ref who shaved a wrestler's dreadlocks because heíd be disqualified otherwise.

also missing from this article, the girl had previously been harassed and had even had her butt photographed by one of her teammates' mother (Iím not joking) who then complained to officials about how the girl's butt looked in the suit. The suit which, again, is issued by the school to all athletes and was the correct size.

https://theglowup.theroot.com/alaska...lif-1838047871
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Fun fact: DQ'd has nothing to do with Dairy Queen.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I just found this out.

But the actual story is fucked up.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My niece's 18 y.o. daughter is short and curvy; she has been dress coded at her high school while wearing the exact same outfits her taller/thinner/white fellow students have worn.

My 20 y.o. daughter is petite, thin but curvy (small waist, curvier hips/butt); she was dress coded at, of all places, the gym the other day. She was wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt; although it was not a crop top, it rode up a little and exposed a strip of stomach area after she had stretched while exercising. She was warned she needed to pull down her shirt or wear a longer one provided by the gym while she was on the premises.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    But the actual story is fucked up.
    that it is.

Far too many people have spent far too much time looking at a teen's butt instead of being amazed by what she has achieved.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    My niece's 18 y.o. daughter is short and curvy; she has been dress coded at her high school while wearing the exact same outfits her taller/thinner/white fellow students have worn.

My 20 y.o. daughter is petite, thin but curvy (small waist, curvier hips/butt); she was dress coded at, of all places, the gym the other day. She was wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt; although it was not a crop top, it rode up a little and exposed a strip of stomach area after she had stretched while exercising. She was warned she needed to pull down her shirt or wear a longer one provided by the gym while she was on the premises.
    Seriously??? I see people grocery shopping in way less clothing than an exposed stomach area and when I used to go to the gym it was pretty much the same thing. That's just horrible.

that it is.

Far too many people have spent far too much time looking at a teen's butt instead of being amazed by what she has achieved.
    Agreed. I can't believe (well I can...) that the team member's mom took a picture. JFC. Do people not even think about what they're doing? I mean, even if you're a disgusting asshole, do you really want to get caught with a teen's butt on your phone? WTF?
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Great, now I really want to see a teenager's butt
    czb and sputnik like this.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Donít put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

Well it must be pretty amazing if these bitches got jealous enough to get her disqualified.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

And I hate to bring looks into it but the girl is very pretty as well, so I'm sure it wasn't just jealousy of her great body and fantastic swimming record that's riled up all these bitches.
    Sleuth, sputnik, Mivvi21 and 2 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

[Cancels Amazon order for tiny Speedo suit.....]

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post

this is why i'm glad that the public middle school actually has a 'uniform' for the kids to wear. it is just a tshirt and shorts. but it makes me happy, so potentially no kid gets targeted.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information