• 2 Post By MsDark
  • 2 Post By holly
  • 4 Post By Brookie
  • 5 Post By C_is_for_Cookie
  • 2 Post By VeraGemini
  • 1 Post By Brookie

Thread: More cray in the friendly skies

Default More cray in the friendly skies

Southwest Airlines says it all started with a cigarette.A passenger was smoking in the bathroom somewhere between Portland and Sacramento on Saturday, according to the airline, and had gone so far as to tamper with the smoke detector.
    So a flight attendant barged in on the woman, according to KOIN 6. This at least got her out of the bathroom, but it did little else to improve the situation on Flight 2943.
    The woman ripped an oxygen mask out of the ceiling as crew forced her back to her seat, the station reported. And indeed, a mask appears to dangle in the plane aisle as seen in video of the ensuing tirade.
    “I have a destination for myself!” the woman yells as a passenger behind her looks up from his tablet and stares. She is wearing a hat, sunglasses and overcoat, and collecting her belongings as if to disembark the midair flight.
    “I swear, if you don’t . . . land,” the woman says, as a flight attendant blocks her from the aisle, “I will f—ing kill everybody on this f—ing plane!”
    “You will not,” the attendant says. “You will not.”
    “I will!”
    A scuffle in the aisle ends the video. The man who took it told CBS 13 that the woman had to be restrained by passengers and crew for the next half-hour.
    Meanwhile, the airline said, pilots called in an emergency and landed in Sacramento, somehow more or less on schedule.
    Sheriff’s deputies were waiting at the airport. They arrested Valerie Curbelo, 24, on a felony charge of making a death threat and jailed her on $75,000 bail.
    CBS 13 sent a reporter to the jail to get her side of the story. It didn’t clarify matters much.
    “Why did you decide to smoke in the bathroom?” the reporter asked Curbelo. “That’s what they say you were doing.”
    “The anxiety,” Curbelo said. “Yeah, the anxiety.”
    “You were saying some pretty threatening things,” the reporter continued. “Like, you were going to kill everybody on the plane.”

She nodded.
    He asked why.
    “I don’t know,” Curbelo said. “It was not me. It was not me.”
    Curbelo, who lives in Oregon, was still jailed Monday afternoon. It’s unclear whether she has a lawyer.
    Read more:
    Strangers caught in a sex act on Delta flight could face felony charges, authorities say
    British Airways apologizes after passengers say bedbug-infested flight left them ‘covered in bites’
    A man got a middle seat on a 13-hour flight. Passengers recorded his ‘fit of rage,’ then arrest.
    A belligerent man in a Trump hat was kicked off a flight as a crowd chanted: ‘Lock him up!’
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/12/11/they-made-her-put-out-her-cigarette-she-then-threatened-to-kill-everyone-on-the-plane/?utm_term=.dbf9feb649c1

Mentally ill or just a moron. I hate airlines in the US, but they handled this as well as they could have probably.

Good. I hate people who smoke in plane bathrooms. I swear someone kept doing it on my flight to Spain a while ago, and nobody did anything. So fucking obnoxious. You know it's gonna be a 9-hour flight, wear a patch!

Sounds like bipolar disorder. She needs to be medicated. She is unstable and dangerous.

I hate it when people smoke in no smoking zones. Yes, I am a self-righteous former smoker. I don't care. Cigarettes stink and they are bad for you. They are also fire hazards on planes.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ this is just great
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    -

Are we sure that is wasn't trump? Sounds just like somthing he would do.
    Brookie likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm a smoker, and I have zero sympathy for this chick. If you can't go an hour and a half without a cigarette because of anxiety, well, that's what nicotine toothpicks or gum and Xanax are made for.
    holly and pinkbunnyslippers like this.

Or maybe just don't fly at all if you're that goddamned unstable.
    holly and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

You could not pay me enough to be a flight attendant (the pay sucks anyway, but even if it didn't)...people are so rude & entitled & out of control. No thanks. I hope I'm never on a flight with any of these weirdos either. So far, so good!

When I fly, I make it a point to tell the flight crew "Good job", "Thanks a lot", etc. I don't think they can hear that enough.
    Kittylady, SHELLEE, holly and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    When I fly, I make it a point to tell the flight crew "Good job", "Thanks a lot", etc. I don't think they can hear that enough.
    I do that with all retail workers as well.

Yeah. It costs nothing to be pleasant to the people ringing your shit up or bringing you food, and it might make their day a little better. (At least, it isn't going to make it worse.)
    C_is_for_Cookie and holly like this.

I was in first class on a flight back to Detroit from Calgary, and I said "thank you" a few times and started bantering around with a flight attendant. When I deplaned, I got en entire bag of cookies that they had left over (they have warm, freshly baked cookies in first class, folks). They were amazing.
    Trixie likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information