Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Los Angeles is on fire

Gold Member

Default Los Angeles is on fire

Are some of you seeing this? I've seen some footage from this morning and it looks like something from a Roland Emmerich film.

It's just horrible. I live in a state that has major fires every summer. But nothing like this where so many people live. I can't even imagine.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Seeing some footage on Facebook. Just horrendous - I'm so sorry, California peeps. Really.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Gold Member

The footage from the 405 freaks me out a little bit. It looks like lava it's so bad.

I hope they can get this shit contained soon. Otherwise, it's going to get really bad.

So scary!

I read that it was moving an acre a minute or something, which is SO fast! The scenes from the freeway look like a horror movie. They are reporting that the Santa Ana's are suppose to pick up again tonight. I truly hope people are able to get out in time.

It's so fucking scary. We just got emergency alerts on our phones, warning us that strong winds are picking up over night, creating extreme fire danger. Saying we need to stay alert and listen to authorities.

Just hoping everyone stays safe. This is so scary.
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    The footage from the 405 freaks me out a little bit. It looks like lava it's so bad.

I hope they can get this shit contained soon. Otherwise, it's going to get really bad.
    Exactly! Turned on the TV this morning and thought that vulcano had erupted in Indonesia. Then I heard it was L.A.!!!!
    joebob and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

My Uncle lost 30 of his horses at his ranch in Sylmar. This fire was simply too fast to get them out.

Amid the charred landscape of Little Tujunga Canyon Road in Sylmar on Wednesday were the remains of Rancho Padilla and the carcasses of nearly 30 horses that died in the fast-moving Creek fire.
    The Padilla family was there Wednesday morning, surveying the smoldering ranch that their father built more than 20 years ago. They somberly counted up the dead horses, whose charred bodies lined dozens of stalls.
    The fire was first reported at 3:43 a.m. Tuesday, and the family, which lives up the hill from the ranch, had awakened to flames. One fire crew came and told them to leave.
    “All I could think about was the horses, the horses, the horses. And they were like, ‘Get out, get out, get out,’ ” said Patricia Padilla, whose family owns the ranch. “The structures can get rebuilt, but the lives of the horses can’t. ... That’s my biggest heartbreak.”

Nearly 30 horses found burned to death by Creek fire in Sylmar - LA Times

C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

OMG, Honeythorn, I'm so sorry. My son and his wife just moved out of the affected area 4 months ago. They are living in Costa Mesa now, and my daughter-in-law says they can't even smell it from there. We do have friends in Bel Air who have lost at least a part of their estate. I can't remember the fires ever being this bad.

This is just devastating. The pictures look like hell has overtaken the earth.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Honeythorn, that's heartbreaking

We're far from the fires, but the smell is pretty bad. Last night was really bad. The winds were horrible and the smell was bad.

So far we can's smell or see any smoke from where I'm at. I'm way the hell up in the High desert (off the 395 North between Red Mountian and Bishop.) My dad however is in Rialto and is smoked out. Even family in Santa Monica and the San Fernando Valley are all smoked out. It's worse than any fires we've had over the summer. Little Mountian in San Bernardino was on fire the other day and photos from behind Magic Mountian are incredible. I can't come down from the desert because they want that 15 clear (primarily the Cajon Pass)
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Wow, Honeythorn, those poor animals, your poor uncle. It really looks like the gates of hell have opened.
    holly likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I am so sorry about the horses. Oh man. I'm running out of words this week; there's too much devastation going on.
    HWBL, Sarzy, lindsaywhit and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post

Yes, omg. I've never seen it get so close to the city. And that freeway footage was right off Sunset and Getty Center Drive. It will be such a tragedy if the Getty museum is damaged, that is one of the most beautiful places in Los Angeles, with beautiful art.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information