Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: White Officers Fatally Shoot Black Woman Who Reported Burglary

Default White Officers Fatally Shoot Black Woman Who Reported Burglary

White Officers Fatally Shoot Black Woman Who Reported Burglary

Seattle police fatally shot Charleena Lyles, a black 30-year-old woman pregnant with her fifth child, in front of her children on Sunday. They were responding to a burglary call, reportedly made by Lyles. They fired their weapons after seeing Lyles holding a knife.

“The officers need to pay for what they did,” said Lyles’ sister, Monika Williams. “Even if my sister had a knife in her hand, she weighs like nothing, even if she’s soaking wet. There’s no way you could’ve taken a taser and taken her down? There’s no way you could’ve taken a baton and knocked the knife out of her hand?”

Williams told TV station KOMO News that her Lyles suffered from untreated “mental health issues” and was arrested earlier in June for obstruction and harassment because she would not “let go of her baby” in front of officers until Williams arrived. She was holding scissors in her hand, but “she didn’t charge nobody or nothing,”said Williams.

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6)]

[/COLOR]

Neighbor Lhora Murray, 42, told the Stranger that police left two of Lyles’s children, a 10-year-old and the toddler with down syndrome, with her. The 10-year-old reportedly said, “They shot my mom.”

The Seattle Police Department has placed the two officers, both white, on administrative leave while investigating the use of deadly force.

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray is also launching an independent investigation into the tragic incident. “My thoughts are with the many people impacted, including the three children and the responding officers,” he said in a statement.

“Our historic police reforms, from de-escalation training to civilian-monitored force review, are in place to address such crises. This will be fully investigated,” he continued. “The quality and integrity of the investigation will be reviewed by the federal monitoring team supervising our consent decree. We will work collectively with our consent decree partners and the Community Police Commission to ensure transparency throughout this process and offer support where needed.”

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This case is going to be ruled justified no matter what.

Wow, someone thinks she is being burglarized go gets a weapon to defend herself and her children. What about that is shocking to police? Fuckers.
    Last edited by greysfang; June 19th, 2017 at 11:24 AM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The guy sounds like a fucking business-jargon spewing robot:

“Our historic police reforms, from de-escalation training to civilian-monitored force review, are in place to address such crises. This will be fully investigated,” he continued. “The quality and integrity of the investigation will be reviewed by the federal monitoring team supervising our consent decree. We will work collectively with our consent decree partners and the Community Police Commission to ensure transparency throughout this process and offer support where needed.”

Forget 'To serve and protect;' this department's motto is probably 'To meet and exceed.'
    "We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

I'm starting to hate the police.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

czb

if this occurred in LA i wouldn't be surprised. but seattle? i wouldn't have expected it to happen there.

so sad for this family.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    This case is going to be ruled justified no matter what.
    I'm afraid you're right.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I've been there for quite awhile now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I always say I hate the police save for my cousin who is a police detective. But even he is getting on my nerves.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Williams told TV station KOMO News that her Lyles suffered from untreated “mental health issues” and was arrested earlier in June for obstruction and harassment because she would not “let go of her baby” in front of officers until Williams arrived. She was holding scissors in her hand, but “she didn’t charge nobody or nothing,”said Williams.
    I'm so sick of the media trotting out criminal/medical histories of people who the police have abused/killed. The de facto implication is that police knew about all that when they shot her (doubt it), or that the victim somehow 'deserved it' for being a troublemaker.

I'm getting to the point where I'm ashamed to be white

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Here in NYC I see my share of police. Down in the subway, around Penn and Grand Central Station, generally in clusters, rarely walking the beat unless it's a populated area. What do I see them doing mostly? Looking at their phones.

What turned me off cops (aside from newsworthy police brutality in the 90s) was when I saw first hand how they threw around that macho authority shit. I was with a friend who is tiny little thing with big breasts, no makeup, pants and a shirt. We were buying metrocards in the subway. Right before we went through the turnstile, a randy cop TOUCHED my friend's back with a like "hey, how's it going". We thought she was being pulled aside. He and the other cops were laughing. I was so startled I moved her in front of me to push through the turnstile. Makes you feel real safe.

they fired their weapons after seeing her with a knife? so she didn't even charge at them, they just saw a knife? i hope they don't get away with this.

those poor kids probably saw the whole thing.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Here in NYC I see my share of police. Down in the subway, around Penn and Grand Central Station, generally in clusters, rarely walking the beat unless it's a populated area. What do I see them doing mostly? Looking at their phones.

What turned me off cops (aside from newsworthy police brutality in the 90s) was when I saw first hand how they threw around that macho authority shit. I was with a friend who is tiny little thing with big breasts, no makeup, pants and a shirt. We were buying metrocards in the subway. Right before we went through the turnstile, a randy cop TOUCHED my friend's back with a like "hey, how's it going". We thought she was being pulled aside. He and the other cops were laughing. I was so startled I moved her in front of me to push through the turnstile. Makes you feel real safe.
    In Philly I see them standing around during sports events, smoking cigarettes at the subway station.
    What did your friend do after the cop did that? When I hear stuff like that, it reminds me of that cop who would rape and violate women. I don't remember his name, but I think he got something like 300 years in prison or something like that.
    panic likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    they fired their weapons after seeing her with a knife? so she didn't even charge at them, they just saw a knife? i hope they don't get away with this.

those poor kids probably saw the whole thing.
    Given that I thought Philando Castille was an open and shut case against the cop, but even he got found not guilty on all charges, I'm beginning to realize just how much of an extenuating circumstance race seems to be in the US
    panic and garysgirl1999 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information