Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Model Dies after Chiropractic Treatment, 34

Default Model Dies after Chiropractic Treatment, 34

Playboy Model Katie May’s Death Caused By Chiropractor, Autopsy Finds

Autopsy results reveal that Katie May died after visiting a chiropractor’s office and sustaining a fatal tear to an artery in her neck, TMZ reported Tuesday.
    The outlet obtained a copy of May’s death certificate, which says the late Playboy model and “Queen of Snapchat” died as a result of “neck manipulation by chiropractor” that tore her vertebral artery and subsequently cut off blood flow to her brain. Her death was ruled accidental, although it’s not known if the model’s family will pursue further action against the chiropractor.

The 34-year-old died in February this year after suffering a stroke due to blockage in her carotid artery. According to a TMZ report at the time, the model fell during a photo shoot and subsequently visited a chiropractor’s office, where the tear to her vertebral artery occurred.

On Wednesday, Los Angeles Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told People magazine that May’s cause of death was listed as “infarction of brain.”
    “She had some clotting and went to the hospital where they tried to do some procedures but she passed away,” he told the publication. “I personally have not seen this before.”

At the time of her death, May had around 2 million followers on Instagram and a dedicated fan base on Snapchat. The accomplished model and single mother left behind a young daughter, who she would often talk about as the inspiration for her career.
    “I had the most important person in my world, my daughter, to make proud each day and to remind me what I was working towards,” May said in an interview in January. “Failure was not an option, not putting her in the best school was not an option, not living the lifestyle that I had dreamed of for us was not an option.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I just shared this article with my ACDF group, cuz we're all recovering 'crack' heads.
    I was lamenting how much i wanted a good cracking. Now i will listen to my neurosurgeon instead!

It's not like it's that common, but I've already broken my damn neck once. That'll be enough.

Whoa, I just saw a Chiropractor for the first time last week because I could barely walk due to a pinched nerve in my lower back. All my coworkers recommended me see one. I told her I was not comfortable having my neck cracked and she did it anyway and I've had a burning pain in my neck ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    . I told her I was not comfortable having my neck cracked and she did it anyway and I've had a burning pain in my neck ever since.
    I hope you don't go back!
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

This is why I don't go to chiropractors. I've known too many people that have ended up in worse shape, myself included. I once went for my migraines, because I get a lot of pain in my neck/shoulder area with my migraines. Oy vey! I was laid up for a couple days afterwards. One of my all time worst headaches. For me, I find that a good massage or a visit to a physical therapist does wonders.
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.

My uncle's a neurosurgeon, and he DESPISES chiropractors, because I guess he's seen and/or knows what can happen. When he found out many years ago that me mum was seeing one (not biblically), she got the lecture of all lectures
    yanna and Bluebonnet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I hope you don't go back!
    For sure I will not go back. I felt pressured to schedule two appointments afterwards and I've since cancelled both of them.

I went to a chiropractor for a while years ago and it helped me tremendously. I had days where I couldn't move and things turned out pretty good for me. I changed insurance, then fell out of the habit. To this day, I don't know how it helped, and have wondered if it was some kind of coincidence.

But after reading this, I think I'm terrified. I never could get used to them twisting my head. All I could hear in my brain was, "Six pounds of pressure..." I'm not a big baby when it comes to pain or doctors and I almost screamed the first time they did it. They don't tell you what they're going to do, because they know it's human nature for people not want their necks broken.

Regardless, 34 is way too young.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

If he cracked her neck on a new problem without doing X-rays first, that's gonna be one big ass lawsuit. I defended a similar malpractice case a few years ago. Guy was on a work crew laying fence out in the mountains. A pile of fencing fell on his head. He finished out the day even though he was in pain. When they drove into town for dinner one of the guys suggested he try the local chiropractor that took walk ins, so he did, got cracked without a full medical history or X-rays and the poor guy never got off the table, paralyzed from the upper back down because he got a chip fracture in his neck which got diven into his spinal cord. Then the asshole chiropractor delayed calling the ambulance for almost an hour because he was scared for HIMSELF. His office assistant finally said fuck it and dialed 911.

I hated defending that quack. I wanted to punch him in the throat every time I had to deal with him, and he was a whiny ass motherfucker. Everything was always me, me, me, I, I, I.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

OMG, that is horrible. The chiropractor I went to did full spinal x-rays. They would literally not touch you until those came back and they would show you each place on your spine they felt was not in alignment. You had to fill out numerous medical history questionnaires and all kinds of other stuff. I always thought the walk-in signs meant you didn't need an appointment, I didn't know they treated it like some kind of massage parlor.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Jesus Greys. What a horrible story.

This guy did. He took cash only walk ins and kept almost zero medical records. When we were going through discovery they didn't even have a receipt for this guys cash payment. When we were done with the malpractice case he was still being looked at the justice department, IRS, and the medical licensing board for possible tax evasion, money laundering and not keeping medical records since his accounting lady said she never had any records of cash payments, which means he was pocketing them without declaring them even though there's a big ass sign in the waiting room that no insurance means cash up front, or something slightly more pleasant than that.
    Waterslide, Bluebonnet and fgg like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Chiropractic bollox is dangerous, expensive quackery. A few people may have had success with it but many more report no improvement whatsoever. A properly qualified physio is a much safer bet if you need some kind of manipulation.
    Waterslide and Kittylady like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

This is such a horrific story. I'm glad I read this thread.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    This is such a horrific story. I'm glad I read this thread.
    Me too. Had no idea. I have seen forever neckpain so I was contemplating visiting a chiropractor. Not anymore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information