Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Hope everyone in Hurricane Matthew's path stays safe...

  1. #1
    Elite Member dksnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Posts
    2,214

    Default Hope everyone in Hurricane Matthew's path stays safe...

    I'm in NJ and current reports are that we won't have much of an impact...as long as it stays headed west. However, I'm supposed to drive down to Myrtle Beach on Saturday
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

  2. #2
    Elite Member pinkbunnyslippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    99 miles from NYC
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Do you mean headed east? West would slam into us.

    I'm leaving for Germany on Thursday (I'll be still checking in with you heifers, haha!), so we will miss it, thank goodness. We are about 45 mins inland from the shore, but I remember when super storm Sandy was here, we had to take in our stuff from the balcony. We will still be taking our stuff in, just incase of the rain and wind. Stay safe, I think and hope you will be fine. Enjoy and have a blast!
    Waterslide and dksnj like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

  3. #3
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    I'm in upstate SC, and the lowcountry cities are being evacuated up this way. Apparently I26 is going to be a one way highway tomorrow. They're sending school buses down to help with the evacuations. I remember Hugo coming through and absolutely devastating the coastal communities, and doing a fair amount of damage up this way too. At least with hurricanes you can see them coming and try to get out of the way, at least in the US. I can't imagine living on a Carribbean island and having that run over me.

    Stay safe, beach people, and don't be a hero - get out off there if you need to.
    Waterslide and dksnj like this.

  4. #4
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,860

    Default

    Miami was definitely getting hurricane ready since yesterday. I'm hoping we'll only get the outer bands and lots of rain, but you never know. I got supplies today, and it was the usual freak-out for water, batteries and gas. I'll be super sour about it if it's a huge hurricane, since I moved back *just* in time for this. When we left 10 years ago it was also on the tail end of the worst storms battering Florida one right after the other. Let's just say it makes me extra bitter to be back here for this bullshit.
    Waterslide, dksnj, BITTER and 1 others like this.

  5. #5
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Do you mean headed east? West would slam into us.

    I'm leaving for Germany on Thursday (I'll be still checking in with you heifers, haha!), so we will miss it, thank goodness. We are about 45 mins inland from the shore, but I remember when super storm Sandy was here, we had to take in our stuff from the balcony. We will still be taking our stuff in, just incase of the rain and wind. Stay safe, I think and hope you will be fine. Enjoy and have a blast!

    Is this baby's first flight?


    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Miami was definitely getting hurricane ready since yesterday. I'm hoping we'll only get the outer bands and lots of rain, but you never know. I got supplies today, and it was the usual freak-out for water, batteries and gas. I'll be super sour about it if it's a huge hurricane, since I moved back *just* in time for this. When we left 10 years ago it was also on the tail end of the worst storms battering Florida one right after the other. Let's just say it makes me extra bitter to be back here for this bullshit.
    Were you originally a Calif girl or midwest?

  6. #6
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,860

    Default

    I don't feel originally anything, really, but I've lived in Florida from age 9-28. But Cali was a much better fit, so I've been bitter about having to come back to FL (for Mr. B's work).

    Don't mind me, I just have a pissy attitude toward FL in general.
    sputnik likes this.

  7. #7
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Well if Ya came for trivia, maybe you'd be less of a sourpuss....
    Beeyotch, gas_chick and BITTER like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  8. #8
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,860

    Default

    Ha, I feel like trivia might be one of the few good things left in life right now. Except the one I've been able to find starts so late--9pm (more like 9:45 Miami time). I'm too old to stay up that late at a bar on Tuesday nights. Why, it's well past my bedtime right now!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

  9. #9
    Elite Member pinkbunnyslippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    99 miles from NYC
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Is this baby's first flight?




    Were you originally a Calif girl or midwest?
    It's his second. We went to Germany in June.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

  10. #10
    Elite Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    My wishes for safety to all those in the hurricanes path and to all those travelling.

    Safe travels GRs
    dksnj and pinkbunnyslippers like this.

  11. #11
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    I have tomorrow off!! I love getting hurricane days when we are actually not getting hit, just rain and wind.
    Last edited by SHELLEE; October 5th, 2016 at 08:16 PM.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  12. #12
    Elite Member dksnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Doh...sorry, yes, East.

    Thanks - we checked with the hotel and they are closing Saturday as a precaution. So we will still leave on Saturday and stop in Virginia for the night.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

  13. #13
    Elite Member InigoMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Yes!!! Stay safe!
    pinkbunnyslippers, dksnj and panic like this.

  14. #14
    Elite Member pinkbunnyslippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    99 miles from NYC
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ha, I feel like trivia might be one of the few good things left in life right now. Except the one I've been able to find starts so late--9pm (more like 9:45 Miami time). I'm too old to stay up that late at a bar on Tuesday nights. Why, it's well past my bedtime right now!
    That's why you should go to happy hour, then sleep tight.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

  15. #15
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    the usual freak-out for water, batteries and gas.
    and, in Haiti, trees!

    https://www.buzzfeed.com/tamerragrif...2bN#.so4dNXpb5

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dolores Hope, Widow of Bob Hope, Dies at Age 102
    By Catty in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 26th, 2011, 12:43 AM
  2. Off the beaten path
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: May 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM
  4. Man using GPS drives into path of train
    By AliceInWonderland in forum News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •