Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Bank of America Employee Fired after Racist Facebook Rant

Default Bank of America Employee Fired after Racist Facebook Rant

I have a really tiny violin, and it's playing JUST for HER.

An Atlanta woman was fired from Bank of America on Thursday after posting a racist anti-black rant on Facebook, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.Screenshots show 57-year-old Christine McMullen Lindgren replying to an unidentified post by saying, “I hate hate Facebook for this reason you f*cking n**gers. And yes, if [you] can call each other that well I can too. F*cking n**ger go back to Africa. Get over your pity party. You created this hatred and your own kind that brought your great-great-[grand]parents over here and sold them. Do something with your lives and your children’s lives. I’m sure you don’t work, collect welfare and teach hatred. Your poor children. All five of them you can’t afford because I pay for them.”
    The Journal-Constitution posted a picture of the rant, which can be seen below:

The post led other readers to contact the company to alert them regarding her statement. Some also offered to send them pictures of the post.
    “I hope this company’s values do not align with Christine’s,” one commenter wrote. “Let this be a lesson to those who choose to be nasty on the Internet and believe their actions have no repercussion. Please, let me and others who have reported her know that this situation will be taken care of. Thank you.”

A Bank of America spokesperson, Andy Aldridge, confirmed that McMullen Lindgren was fired by 1 p.m. Atlanta time, calling her remarks “reprehensible and unacceptable.”
    One person who said she contacted the bank, Nicole Huckaby, added that her daughter canceled her account with it on account of the post.

“They owe black people an apology,” Huckaby said. “The bank didn’t write the post, but at the end of the day, she represented the bank.”

Source: https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/ban...-fcking-ngers/
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

As of 1:30 pm today, however, Donald Trump has not unfriended her.

czb

why does BofA owe anyone an apology? they did not endorse this employee, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    why does BofA owe anyone an apology? they did not endorse this employee, did they?
    No, but she posted it from her work PC at their bank. Legally, they don't have to apologize, but it's good PR.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Nope, just people like to spread the butthurt around as far as they can. She made the post, they reacted (probably on the grounds that she was publicly associating herself with them through her profile info and bringing them into disrepute) and she's gone. What more do they need to do?
    holly, msdeb, Seapharris7 and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    No, but she posted it from her work PC at their bank. Legally, they don't have to apologize, but it's good PR.
    hmmm. she's the reason why some companies restrict website access on company PCs.

glad they fired her, but let's see if she sues them for wrongful termination ....

If I were BoA I would consider banning employees from posting their place of employment until they can be properly FaceBook housebroken.

hmmm. she's the reason why some companies restrict website access on company PCs.

glad they fired her, but let's see if she sues them for wrongful termination ....
    ^^^True. That is why DHS doesn't allow us to access YouTube or FB. Also, they supposedly use up a lot of bandwidth.

I'm guessing she probably can sue, but in these racially tense times in the US, I don't think she has a leg to stand on.

What a hateful beast. I love that she was fired the same day.

Here's hoping she's recognized when she goes to the unemployment line.
    Brah, garysgirl1999 and BITTER like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Bet she will be the first in line with her hand out at the welfare and unemployment offices.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

And I hope the clerk who handles her case is a sista having a REAL BAD day.

In defense of the southern United States, I would like to point out that, A: she is from Massacusetts and B: she is apparently a Patriots fan. (The second fact has nothing to do with her likelihood of being a racist, it's just further evidence of her awful judgment.)

Patriots fan! She has a lot of Issues.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    In defense of the southern United States, I would like to point out that, A: she is from Massacusetts and B: she is apparently a Patriots fan. (The second fact has nothing to do with her likelihood of being a racist, it's just further evidence of her awful judgment.)
    She resides in Georgia. Is she originally a Masshole? I hope not. The shame.

So glad they fired her ass. I hope she falls way down the economic ladder and gets some bruises on the way down. Though I doubt she's even capable of learning compassion.
    BITTER and Flygirl like this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Aside from the fact that she's obviously a horrible human being, it just boggles my mind how fucking stupid people are to post this kind of crap under THEIR OWN NAMES on a facebook profile which gives out their personal info, where they live and work etc. Freedom of speech doesn't mean no repercussions, shitforbrains.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information